Sweden may have the answer to America’s gun problem

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
we are talking about people though. Are you saying people are either good or evil? And that distinction should be based on a past action(s)?

No, we are saying everyone is part of the kingdom of darkness. Men love darkness rather than light. And the only way to be part of the kingdom of light is to repent of the darkness and ask Jesus to he your Lord and Savior and let him be your righteousness.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,162.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a hunter but I am a shooter, CCW holder, and I carry every day. If we have a gun problem, it's a lack of education. More people should be trained and educated to carry and use guns responsibly.
So you would support a law that makes "gun education" obligatory for anyone who wants to carry a gun? This is, in essence, what Sweden does (and other countries do).

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sweden has 10 million people and it's primarily a homogenous population.

The USA has 300 million people and is diverse in all aspects.

Most gun violence is driven by the drug trade.

Bottom line is, don't compare the US with Sweden, the nations are vastly different.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sweden has 10 million people and it's primarily a homogenous population.

The USA has 300 million people and is diverse in all aspects.

Most gun violence is driven by the drug trade.

Bottom line is, don't compare the US with Sweden, the nations are vastly different.
If what you say is true, then statistically why are most murders committed by friends or family members? So grateful to have always lived in gun-free homes.

The study revealed that 16% of murder victims were members of the defendant' s family. 64% were killed by friends or acquaintances while only 20% were killed by strangers. 57% of all murdered children under the age of 12 were killed by their parents. 11 % of all victims over 60 were killed by their children. 45% of family murder victims were female compared to only 18% of non-family murder victims. Among black marital partners women are just as likely to kill their spouse, among whites, women killed their partners only 38% of the time as opposed to the men killing their partner 62% of the time.

Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Well regulated" doesn't mean what you think it means. You should do some research on that. It would be informative.
Today’s militias are the army, airforce, navy, marines, reservists, coast guard, national guard and law enforcement. Millions of people with shotguns and rifles could not stop the onslaught of the Russian army in Ukraine. Not many artillery shells, missiles and drones were taken out with small arms fire. The Chinese have a hypersonic missile. The U.S. has intercontinental ballistic missiles that travel at hypersonic speeds. Anger destroyed cities and increased poverty.

Jesus taught his disciples to avoid becoming angry and to turn the other cheek. This has done more to protect people than all the gun hoarding in the world.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If what you say is true, then statistically why are most murders committed by friends or family members? So grateful to have always lived in gun-free homes.
The study revealed that 16% of murder victims were members of the defendant's family. 64% were killed by friends or acquaintances while only 20% were killed by strangers.

Gang members and other enemies would be "acquaintances" most of the time, they aren't considered "strangers." Strangers are people that you don't have any knowledge of who they are, such as a mugger or a robber, and they don't have any relationship with you directly for a motive. That's why strangers are harder to catch.

EDIT: The article is not about gun violence but all methods of murder, so that makes a big difference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

And this study contradicts that claim.

Also, the FBI report contradicts your link as well.

Just following the news, most gun crimes are committed in the streets by drug gangs, robberies and
retribution, not against friends and family members.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,908.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
And this study contradicts that claim.

Also, the FBI report contradicts your link as well.

Just following the news, most gun crimes are committed in the streets by drug gangs, robberies and
retribution, not against friends and family members.
The Pittsburgh data is interesting, but doesn’t have data on relationships. The FBI report says

In 2019, 28.3 percent of homicide victims were killed by someone they knew other than family members (acquaintance, neighbor, friend, boyfriend, etc.), 13.0 percent were slain by family members, and 9.9 percent were killed by strangers. The relationship between murder victims and offenders was unknown in 48.9 percent of murder and nonnegligent manslaughter incidents. (Based on Expanded Homicide Data Table 10.)

I agree that “acquaintance” leaves lots of room, so this isn’t necessarily just friends and family.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sweden may have the answer to America’s gun problem

That is the trick there...they think of guns as a responsibility not a right,.
There is a business in the USA called ATI PT is in the habbit of designing false testominies to gain restraining orders against gun owners to take away their right to own firearms. I know many people including myself who have become victims of their scam with liberal judges. There is no reason to beleive that can not happen to others to steal away their firearms. Also, Communist Countries their first goat is to disarm people. No thanks to that nonsense. I grew up in a gun owning family and was taught responsiblity. For those who invade my home I use tranqizer guns and spot lights. Yes, I live in a dangerious neighborhood. Here is their sign
1673210789357.png
1673210789357.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums