A Florida couple has been charged after being caught getting groceries, washing their car, and walki

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I used to wonder how normal citizens would even find it conscionable to turn in their own neighbors or even family; knowingly, that they faced death or even worse. I used to imagine some hitlerian death squad roaming the streets. In truth, all it takes is fear and forced conformity; normal people will be eager to hand you over.

Those days are going to be nuts. "That guy right there! He's a Christian... officer, over here! That guy right there has a bible! No mark!..."

your comparing someone KILLING othres, to being turned in to die? Seriously where is the Christian love and priorities on this site.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Reckon that was a lie, mask don't help I guess.

I never said they do not have their place. They are not the silver bullet people are being told they are. Source control, yes, they help when covering a sick patients mouth/nose. Droplet, yes. Particulate to varying degrees, and useless for aerosol transmission of virus.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Honest attempt here to understand this logic. I have been told all you need to do is have some sort of fabric over your nose and mouth... and you are completely safe. I even heard the argument made that the same fabric mask will protect you from asymptomatic individuals. How are those known to be carriers so much more lethal than the asymptomatic walking amongst us?

Thats if you don't know if your infected or not, still general protocol NOT TO GO AROUND WHEN SICK knowingly.

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I never said they do not have their place. They are not the silver bullet people are being told they are. Source control, yes, they help when covering a sick patients mouth/nose. Droplet, yes. Particulate to varying degrees, and useless for aerosol transmission of virus.

I wasn't poo pooing what you said I was agreeing. You see the "experts" have lied so much I really don't know who to believe. If mask work like they say (silver bullet type of thing) then they have no reason to arrest anyone yet they did. So your right, you see I was not trying to be mean to you. :)

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
your comparing someone KILLING othres, to being turned in to die? Seriously where is the Christian love and priorities on this site.

I never made that moral judgment or mental leap. Who is killing people? Who did they walk down the street and intentionally murder? You want to talk about criminal negligence, or something maybe we can discuss it. But I do not want to jump to 11 on the hyperbolic scale.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wow thank God Jesus healed the lepers, or we might all be doomed to walk around with leprosy.

We really care about you so we will put these positive covid people in jail. Poor inmates.
They did not go to jail for HAVING co-vid they went to jail because they knowing went out in public after having tested positive for co-vid. There is a difference if they went to jail for having Co-vid that would mean that everyone who testes positive is thereafter arrested and taken into custody that is not the case. They went to jail for knowingly going out in public after being told they were infected and needed to stay home.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I never made that moral judgment or mental leap. Who is killing people? Who did they walk down the street and intentionally murder? You want to talk about criminal negligence, or something maybe we can discuss it. But I do not want to jump to 11 on the hyperbolic scale.

If you knowingly have a disease and go out and do things that risk exposing otghers, then any deaths you should be charged with homicide...though not sure what degree it would be. it's already a crime to infect someone or risk infecting someone with HIV.

And there is no hyperbole, this disease KILLS, if even 1 person is infected, the odds that it will reach someone that dies is probably decent. If even 1 person dies from their stupiditiy, they are murderers.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
They did not go to jail for HAVING co-vid they went to jail because they knowing went out in public after having tested positive for co-vid. There is a difference if they went to jail for having Co-vid that would mean that everyone who testes positive is thereafter arrested and taken into custody that is not the case. They went to jail for knowingly going out in public after being told they were infected and needed to stay home.
Infecting people in jail is my point.

Upvote 0

Frugality

Renewed
Apr 17, 2020
Earth
✟34,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Literally nobody calls masks a silver bullet or says that masks completely prevent coronavirus. The point is that the more people wear masks, especially while practicing social distancing, the better we can control the spread. If you and I were standing 6 feet apart while facing each other and while wearing masks, and I coughed and you sneezed, significantly less droplets entered the air as it was trapped by the masks. If we're not wearing masks and just coughing and sneezing, we're getting a full on Covid blast.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I wasn't poo pooing what you said I was agreeing. You see the "experts" have lied so much I really don't know who to believe. If mask work like they say (silver bullet type of thing) then they have no reason to arrest anyone yet they did.

And to me, I find that alarming. I want to know what is afoot.

So your right, you see I was not trying to be mean to you. :)

I apologize. I often misrepresent myself. I honestly have issues with relating to people and often come off like House or Dr Strange or something. It is not intentional. It is an honest condition. My apologies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The mayor that did that was following protocol, maybe might have thought better, but what he did was the procedure for such thigns.
They killed people, they deserve to be prosecuted. Was not one mayor happened in over 15 states following protocol from gates foundation. Evil, evil they want us all dead.

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And to me, I find that alarming. I want to know what is afoot.

I apologize. I often misrepresent myself. I honestly have issues with relating to people and often come off like House or Dr Strange or something. It is not intentional. It is an honest condition. My apologies.

No problem. I like your post you make good points, better than I could.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have to agree with this. Something is not right here. Either because of genuine ignorance about how bad this virus was early on, or an intentional and ongoing attempt to make this seem far worse than it may be.

Lots of things don’t quite match. I don’t think this is fake. It’s real. Wearing a mask in public is reasonable, and probably does help, at least a little. But I agree that something is not quite right here.
I know it's real I know people who have had it a couple in the hospital right now, but I do not believe it is near what they are trying to say it ids. I even yes believe that people have died.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Literally nobody calls masks a silver bullet or says that masks completely prevent coronavirus. The point is that the more people wear masks, especially while practicing social distancing, the better we can control the spread. If you and I were standing 6 feet apart while facing each other and while wearing masks, and I coughed and you sneezed, significantly less droplets entered the air as it was trapped by the masks. If we're not wearing masks and just coughing and sneezing, we're getting a full on Covid blast.

Yes, but what are 'droplets' in the world of epidemiology? What are the other 2 forms of particulate that are formed, and how do those masks handle them? Because "droplets" do not 'enter the air'. They fall to the ground following a curved trajectory. Many of the times we are given word salad by experts, that talk about actual issues in a manner that are deceptive when spoken to a misunderstanding group of people.

I could confidently declare a N95 is rated to filter out 95% of particulates. So then people grab hold of that 95% protection and feel safe. I did not technically lie...

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you knowingly have a disease and go out and do things that risk exposing otghers, then any deaths you should be charged with homicide...though not sure what degree it would be. it's already a crime to infect someone or risk infecting someone with HIV.

Homicide denotes intent. How do you prove his intent wasn't to simply walk his dog? Was he intentionally trying to infect people? Spitting on them? Licking ice cream and putting it back on the shelf?

I really wouldn't know as of yet where this would fall. Criminal mischief? Neglect? Even 'criminal' denotes one has broken a law. I honestly do not see where this is classified as any other 'thing' than a misdemeanor. He broke a mandate, not a law.

• Agree
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow thank God Jesus healed the lepers, or we might all be doomed to walk around with leprosy.

We really care about you so we will put these positive covid people in jail. Poor inmates.
Where have they ever put anyone in jail for having coronavirus? That sounds completely made-up to me - I haven't heard of that happening. Source?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I keep seeing this character judgment being thrown around... who said they wanted to kill people? Why do you feel justified in making that claim?
Nobody said they WANT to kill people. They probably don't want to kill people. But, just like drunk drivers, they are so selfish they'd rather do just what they want and put other people's lives at risk because of their selfish actions.

Do you believe that a drunk driver who kills people actually WANTS to do that? Do you believe that when a drunk driver kills people he was simply exercising his freedom and his victims are the ones at fault for not staying home if they didn't want to risk getting killed? What kind of topsy-turvy morality is that?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe that a drunk driver who kills people actually WANTS to do that?

I don't even think they are relatable. And this is partially what I was saying about conflated levels of response. If this individual is acting responsible, well beyond 6 feet from other individuals while walking his dog, or conducting normal life on his own property, then he is even in compliance with the CDC's own mandates. If this same individual put on a mask and went shopping, he is still within CDC mandates.

This is quite literally social control at this point. None ya business if he washes his car some 50 feet away from you. Or is in his house with no mask on. Or even walks his dog while practicing correct social distancing. The only issue would be going to a store un masked.

A drunk driver knows it is a commission of a crime to even get behind the wheel.

Upvote 0