Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
a month or two ago, I was not as optimistic. Now, my attitude is if I have to be single for my whole life (if that is the will of God and I do not know for sure), then I will go down with a fight, knowing I did what I could to not be single.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
a month or two ago, I was not as optimistic. Now, my attitude is if I have to be single for my whole life (if that is the will of God and I do not know for sure), then I will go down with a fight, knowing I did what I could to not be single.
What are you doing that you previously weren't?

Do you know any Christian resources on the topic (singles struggling w/ being single that have trouble even getting dates)

One area I can be confident in is people I talk to (friends, family, coworkers, etc. ) don't think I'll be single my whole life. But how much of that is them just being kind to me? & why doesn't a girl seem to think that?

Upvote 0

christiansoccerplayer

Aug 6, 2013
✟47,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What are you doing that you previously weren't?

Do you know any Christian resources on the topic (singles struggling w/ being single that have trouble even getting dates)

One area I can be confident in is people I talk to (friends, family, coworkers, etc. ) don't think I'll be single my whole life. But how much of that is them just being kind to me? & why doesn't a girl seem to think that?
The biggest thing was I went back to online dating which I have not done in 6-7 years. I have not gotten a date yet but messaged with plenty of women and learned to only message women that live with a certain distance of where I do; I don't do long-distance and I put that in my profile so I likely should not be getting hits from women who live far away (I am but maybe that is because they don't read my bio carefully or closely) I am going to be more open to be setting up but I have not really asked my friends to do that. and I've become more comfortable expressing my opinions and feelings about not wanting singleness and sharing articles on those subjects on my social media whereas a few months ago, I would have kept it to myself and only mentioned to God during quiet time and prayer time
Some of the resources I read: True Love Dates blog by author/relationship expert Debra Fileta; I recently stumbled on a blog and Youtube channel. called ApplyGod'sWord-Mark Ballenger. He has a TON of videos on singles, dating, relationships and marriage. Not sure if he has a specific video on singles struggling to get dates. There is also a book that came out years ago called "How to Get a date worth keeping" by Henry Cloud. justincampbell.net also talks about dating, relationships and attraction. Those are just some of the resources I have used and still are using. Plenty more on the Internet and Youtube that you can find and I can find.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The biggest thing was I went back to online dating which I have not done in 6-7 years. I have not gotten a date yet but messaged with plenty of women and learned to only message women that live with a certain distance of where I do; I don't do long-distance and I put that in my profile so I likely should not be getting hits from women who live far away (I am but maybe that is because they don't read my bio carefully or closely) I am going to be more open to be setting up but I have not really asked my friends to do that. and I've become more comfortable expressing my opinions and feelings about not wanting singleness and sharing articles on those subjects on my social media whereas a few months ago, I would have kept it to myself and only mentioned to God during quiet time and prayer time
Some of the resources I read: True Love Dates blog by author/relationship expert Debra Fileta; I recently stumbled on a blog and Youtube channel. called ApplyGod'sWord-Mark Ballenger. He has a TON of videos on singles, dating, relationships and marriage. Not sure if he has a specific video on singles struggling to get dates. There is also a book that came out years ago called "How to Get a date worth keeping" by Henry Cloud. justincampbell.net also talks about dating, relationships and attraction. Those are just some of the resources I have used and still are using. Plenty more on the Internet and Youtube that you can find and I can find.
Online dating been largely useless for me. My best chance getting online dates is thru forums (which is how I met my last female friend).

I definitely think I should be more vocal about it. There's friends I know who know this really bothers me, but there's also friends who probably think I have no interest in it. I need to start letting those people know I'd like to date. I get anxious about letting people I'm not comfortable w/ knowing I want to date b/c I've been single so long I don't want them to wonder why it's not happening.

I'm not sure about those resources. I'll have to look into them. The biggest problem I've run into dating resources is they assume you're getting dates & are more how to keep a girlfriend/boyfriend, & I'm not even meeting single women, just men, married women, & single women either far older or far younger. It's like God is keeping single women I could date away from me! :(

• Agree
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

christiansoccerplayer

Aug 6, 2013
✟47,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Online dating been largely useless for me. My best chance getting online dates is thru forums (which is how I met my last female friend).

I definitely think I should be more vocal about it. There's friends I know who know this really bothers me, but there's also friends who probably think I have no interest in it. I need to start letting those people know I'd like to date. I get anxious about letting people I'm not comfortable w/ knowing I want to date b/c I've been single so long I don't want them to wonder why it's not happening.

I'm not sure about those resources. I'll have to look into them. The biggest problem I've run into dating resources is they assume you're getting dates & are more how to keep a girlfriend/boyfriend, & I'm not even meeting single women, just men, married women, & single women either far older or far younger. It's like God is keeping single women I could date away from me! :(

Online dating has been pretty useless for me too (and I even sign up for the paid subscriptions) but when I looked at my social circles or my own tendencies and saw there is not all that much to work with, I decided to give online dating another try. I might still start asking around about setups or maybe an opportunity will arise if more people I know in real life or social media are aware of how I feel or what i desire. I plan to continue with online dating even though the service I am on now has not yielded any dates, i might switch to another one.
Being vocal about wanting to date might just put a bug in the ears of people you know, even if they have no idea you want to date or might even try to discourage you. It may not seem like it, but some of those people you mentioned could be an unexpected source of a potential date sometime in the future. And even if it seems God is keeping single women you could date away from you, He knows your heart, desires, wishes so keep praying (even if that feels useless). God knows what we want, if it is right or what He wants for us and when to give it to us when the time is right but He always loves hearing it from you.
The resources I listed do not scratch the surface of what is available as far as Internet web sites/blogs, books, seminars, relationship coaches, etc. There is so much more in resources. Just a matter of some hard-nosed searching. Or maybe even talking to some older adults at church, maybe even of the pastors; just don't get discouraged if they actively try to advise to not search for a partner.
I've been told to stay single/not marry by plenty of people (and probably a few more will tell me) but I remain committed to taking action even if just praying and listening to God. And if in the end, I don't marry, at least it would because God did not want it for me instead of me not taking steps toward a goal, and I would know I gave it my all.
All of my advice is based on past or even current experiences in my life. when I was 29, I had not gone out on one date and probably did not care about it as much as you seem to now and I did not end up going out on dates until I was 31.. and sadly that is the last time I've gone out with someone. I am hoping with all of your scrutiny, that you will land dates and a relationship(s) a lot sooner than I did.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Online dating has been pretty useless for me too (and I even sign up for the paid subscriptions) but when I looked at my social circles or my own tendencies and saw there is not all that much to work with, I decided to give online dating another try. I might still start asking around about setups or maybe an opportunity will arise if more people I know in real life or social media are aware of how I feel or what i desire. I plan to continue with online dating even though the service I am on now has not yielded any dates, i might switch to another one.
Being vocal about wanting to date might just put a bug in the ears of people you know, even if they have no idea you want to date or might even try to discourage you. It may not seem like it, but some of those people you mentioned could be an unexpected source of a potential date sometime in the future. And even if it seems God is keeping single women you could date away from you, He knows your heart, desires, wishes so keep praying (even if that feels useless). God knows what we want, if it is right or what He wants for us and when to give it to us when the time is right but He always loves hearing it from you.
The resources I listed do not scratch the surface of what is available as far as Internet web sites/blogs, books, seminars, relationship coaches, etc. There is so much more in resources. Just a matter of some hard-nosed searching. Or maybe even talking to some older adults at church, maybe even of the pastors; just don't get discouraged if they actively try to advise to not search for a partner.
I've been told to stay single/not marry by plenty of people (and probably a few more will tell me) but I remain committed to taking action even if just praying and listening to God. And if in the end, I don't marry, at least it would because God did not want it for me instead of me not taking steps toward a goal, and I would know I gave it my all.
All of my advice is based on past or even current experiences in my life. when I was 29, I had not gone out on one date and probably did not care about it as much as you seem to now and I did not end up going out on dates until I was 31.. and sadly that is the last time I've gone out with someone. I am hoping with all of your scrutiny, that you will land dates and a relationship(s) a lot sooner than I did.
It's frustrating when people say stay single & not marry. Did they say that to you more generally, or were they referring to you specifically?

It really doesn't seem like anyone I know would be a source of a potential date, but nothing really does. No matter who I meet, it just seems to lead to meeting men, married women, or women too young or too old. In the past, I'll also add it led to single women I think I'd be incompatible with. And I don't think people I know go around thinking 'wow, she'd be perfect for Dragon, let me see if she & Dragon would be interested in meeting.' That doesn't seem to be how things work & people think.

I'm not sure I'm having any more luck than you did at my age. I did have a nice female friend for a while, so there's that (before her, I had only ever really had 'friendships' w/ women in group settings & never one-on-one alone). I try to stay positive & think that God used that friendship to give me confidence, experience, how to talk/act/think, etc., but feels like I'm at a dead-end again.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am sad :(
Why is this so hard? :(

I want to cry. I can't do this my whole dumb life.

I don't know what I have to do. I don't know how :cry:
& everything I try doesn't work :cryingcat:

I can't be alone my whole life :coldsweat:

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

christiansoccerplayer

Aug 6, 2013
✟47,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's frustrating when people say stay single & not marry. Did they say that to you more generally, or were they referring to you specifically?
One of those instances might have been more general, but in that particular case, I was the only one they were talking too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am sad :(
Why is this so hard? :(

I want to cry. I can't do this my whole dumb life.

I don't know what I have to do. I don't know how :cry:
& everything I try doesn't work :cryingcat:

I can't be alone my whole life :coldsweat:

Like I said before.. hardening yourself and developing some desensitization might do you some good.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
To those who have been spared my situation, imagine heartbreaks you've had in regards to breakups, now multiply that, & extend that feeling to back when you were little, every day, & have no hope about it. That's how I feel.

Like I said before.. hardening yourself and developing some desensitization might do you some good.
Desensitzation wouldn't help the underlying issue.

• Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I am 29 & never dated. I have always wanted GF but fail every time. Does anyone have any advice or can offer insight? It hurts. Today I feel like crying.

Thx

I might be the last person to give advice on this matter but what I believe, is to talk to people, be yourself, work for the Lord (if you are christian) and everything else will fall into place in time. God wants to build patience and hope in us so sometimes He just want us to wait. God bless you!

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I might be the last person to give advice on this matter but what I believe, is to talk to people, be yourself, work for the Lord (if you are christian) and everything else will fall into place in time. God wants to build patience and hope in us so sometimes He just want us to wait. God bless you!
I've waited so long. I do those things, but nothing :cryingcat:

I wish I knew what I had to do be a boyfriend :cryingcat:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Went to library for books on dating. There isn't much, unfortunately. Most only have a chapter or 2 on finding a date & then the rest of the book is when you get in a relationship. The one full book I found dedicated to finding a date emphasized the importance of going to a bar/club & meeting one there & how hard it is anywhere else. :unamused:

I think I'll try the Christian bookstore by me sometime.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Scrolling thru the Mature Singles section is depressing. I am so afraid that'll be me.

I don't know their situations, but truth is if you can't find happiness or being content alone, you never find happiness with someone. You can't put pressure for someone to make you happy. And you can't make your future wife happy if you don't know how to make yourself happy. Just rest in God and He will help you.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know their situations, but truth is if you can't find happiness or being content alone, you never find happiness with someone. You can't put pressure for someone to make you happy. And you can't make your future wife happy if you don't know how to make yourself happy. Just rest in God and He will help you.
Understand. That's what people in person tell me. But I've been single soooo long. It's all I've known. I pray he does help!

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Understand. That's what people in person tell me. But I've been single soooo long. It's all I've known. I pray he does help!
What kind of help are you looking to receive from Him?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.