“WHAT DO I DO? WHAT DO I DO?”: TRUMP DESPERATE, DESPONDENT AS NUMBERS CRATER, “LOSER” LABEL LOOMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Did anyone not have the respirators they needed? How about PPE. Was anyone out if PPE and couldn't get any? What about hand sanitizer? Were hospitals overrun? No none of that happened. Trump and his team got things rolling, made suggestions to states. Sent them materials needed.

On the subject of hospitals being overrun, they are starting to enter those scenarios in southern States (e.g. activating crisis measures whereby they can ration healthcare). So yeah, that's actually a very real issue right now. If cases continue to keep rising you'll soon see some pretty significant issues in southern hospitals.

For example: Arizona under 'Crisis Standards of Care'; triage protocols in place

PPE in hospitals has been an issue as well (I don't know know why you think it hasn't).

I don't know what you expected them to do in America? States have rights you know and can make their own decisions. Trump isn't a dictator despite what the left thinks.

A good crisis manager focuses on uniting people in the face of adversity. Trump didn't do that, instead continuing to play partisan politics, even to the point suggesting that things like wearing a mask is political, while continuing to downplay the pandemic.

Trump has been just about the worst type of individual at the helm for this sort of crisis.

One of the common themes for the better Canadian handling of the pandemic vs America has been political unity. Perhaps the entire blame doesn't fall on Trump's shoulders, but he definitely bares some of the responsibility.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Did you mean "awesome"? There's no such word as "aweful" - the word for "full of awe" would be "awesome", not "aweful" or "awe-full".

But yes NY did a pretty awesome job, leading the way in dealing correctly with the coronavirus.

When you look at the states you see NY continuing to decrease in cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.

New York’s coronavirus progress continues, with few deaths, sinking infection rates: Cuomo

Cuomo did an incredible job fending for himself and his state, gaining the partnership of his surrounding states' governors in a unified front against the spread of the virus. He managed resources effectively, pulled teeth with the federal government to get the to do their bare minimum of what they are responsible for, worked around the federal government's shortcomings, and brought his state along with others to a better place today.

Meanwhile, the Republican governors scoffed and laughed about the virus, said they entrusted people to be on an "honor system" and do what they individually thought was right. They opened up bars, beaches, restaurants, stores, etc. with few to no restrictions and now they are experiencing crises TODAY, running out of resources as critical as ICU beds, and NOW they are trying to backpedal and impose restrictions they laughed at months ago.

That someone would distort the facts like you have is astounding. But not unexpected from a reactionary. The numbers clearly show that states which took necessary measures are experiencing a drop in all cases, hospitalizations, and deaths while the states that did little to nothing (almost all being red states) are now reaping what they sowed with crisis-level spikes in all numbers.

It's very clear that the blame lies with Republican leadership in those states that are now panicking about their predicament like the grasshopper did when winter arrived.

The worst thing about this for the Republicans is that they have no excuses because their states had the relative luxury of seeing NY, NJ, CT, and other states get blindsided by this as the first states to be impacted the hardest (since we are one of a couple gateways from the world into the US). They got to watch how Cuomo and Murphy handled this with nothing to go on but science and data that was ever-changing and developing. They had a model to follow. And with all that, they rejected wisdom and a proven system in favor of braggadocio, arrogance, politically-motivated platitudes about 'freedoms' and the like.

How can you not blame the Republican leadership for failing where Democrative leadership had already succeeded working with less? It's nonsense.

Saying Cuomo did a good job is only relative. The truth is, New York could have done better- particularly De Blasio encouraging people to go out at the start of the pandemic. But other states did, much, much worse, and were driven far less by science-based policies.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,472.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
plandemic .
wow - you actually used that word. Please, listen to the following podcast - it might help.
I found it to be one of the scariest things I've heard about how the internet is impacting on our critical thinking skills.
Rabbit Hole

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟910,475.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I know...I went to research methods and statistics class...very enlightening I encourage everyone to take a class in research methods and statistcs...find out just how easy it is to manipulate any test, study, survey etc. to say exactly what you want.

Yes. Statistical analysis is all smoke and mirrors which is why no one uses it any more.

705.gif

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,133.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Did you mean "awesome"? There's no such word as "aweful" - the word for "full of awe" would be "awesome", not "aweful" or "awe-full".

But yes NY did a pretty awesome job, leading the way in dealing correctly with the coronavirus.

When you look at the states you see NY continuing to decrease in cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.

New York’s coronavirus progress continues, with few deaths, sinking infection rates: Cuomo

Cuomo did an incredible job fending for himself and his state, gaining the partnership of his surrounding states' governors in a unified front against the spread of the virus. He managed resources effectively, pulled teeth with the federal government to get the to do their bare minimum of what they are responsible for, worked around the federal government's shortcomings, and brought his state along with others to a better place today.

Meanwhile, the Republican governors scoffed and laughed about the virus, said they entrusted people to be on an "honor system" and do what they individually thought was right. They opened up bars, beaches, restaurants, stores, etc. with few to no restrictions and now they are experiencing crises TODAY, running out of resources as critical as ICU beds, and NOW they are trying to backpedal and impose restrictions they laughed at months ago.

That someone would distort the facts like you have is astounding. But not unexpected from a reactionary. The numbers clearly show that states which took necessary measures are experiencing a drop in all cases, hospitalizations, and deaths while the states that did little to nothing (almost all being red states) are now reaping what they sowed with crisis-level spikes in all numbers.

It's very clear that the blame lies with Republican leadership in those states that are now panicking about their predicament like the grasshopper did when winter arrived.

The worst thing about this for the Republicans is that they have no excuses because their states had the relative luxury of seeing NY, NJ, CT, and other states get blindsided by this as the first states to be impacted the hardest (since we are one of a couple gateways from the world into the US). They got to watch how Cuomo and Murphy handled this with nothing to go on but science and data that was ever-changing and developing. They had a model to follow. And with all that, they rejected wisdom and a proven system in favor of braggadocio, arrogance, politically-motivated platitudes about 'freedoms' and the like.

How can you not blame the Republican leadership for failing where Democrative leadership had already succeeded working with less? It's nonsense.

3 Ways New York Botched the Coronavirus Response in March

No New York [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed this as bad as anyone. Your bias is totally blinding you to the truth. Cuomo had people assigned to nursing homes with COVID. Cuomo didn't get the respirators they should have had.

Two Coasts. One Virus. How New York Suffered Nearly 10 Times the Number of Deaths as California. — ProPublica

https://nypost.com/2020/06/29/gov-cuomo-in-no-position-to-brag-about-nys-coronavirus-response/

You are re-writing history. That's no surprise. It's what leftists are all about anymore. Totally dishonest about what occurred. Blinded by political bias.

As I showed you from the CDCs own website lots of states are trending upward. Democratic run states are not really fairing any better than Republican run states for these increases. Here is more information on this.

New York is seeing a decrease right now. Could that be because they were hit so hard in the beginning and have a bit of a herd immunity at this point?

Right now COVID is gaining in a lot of places. Republican AND Democrat. We aren't blaming Democrats why are you blaming Republicans?

US coronavirus: 10 states are seeing their highest average of daily new Covid-19 cases since the pandemic started - CNN

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,133.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Actually it did happen in some places, just google it.

The thing that bothers me is that there was a playbook that the Obama administration had gone through considerable effort in preparing, along with the foresight of having a Whitehouse pandemic response team, which we as taxpayers had funded in preparation. So we know that the Obama administration would have responded differently because of this.

The number one priorities in the playbook were to make sure rapid testing took place immediately to contain the contagion along with boosting supply of PPE to equip an army of frontline testers and trackers. Had we done that, I along with all the experts I've heard, truly believe this strategy would have been far more effective at making sure the healthcare system was not overwhelmed, rather than shutting down the economy.

Where did it happen? I googled and didn't find where anyone couldn't get respirators or PPE. There places that were concerned and ran low, but I can't find where anyone ran out and couldn't get any.

Hmmm.... Obama didn't follow his own playbook. He didn't leave the government prepared according to his own stuff.

Bottom line it we DID NOT RUN OUT. We had enough stuff to get us through and we are doing well now. Whomever needed stuff got it. Including New York. Who got a whole hospital ship.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He didn't leave the government prepared according to his own stuff.

I bought a new car 3 years ago and you know what? Those swindlers at the auto dealership didn't leave me enough gas in it to drive for 3 years! What kind of lemon did I buy? Now it sits out in the driveway and I can't drive it because the tank is empty! GRRRRRR. Auto dealerships.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
3 Ways New York Botched the Coronavirus Response in March

No New York [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed this as bad as anyone. Your bias is totally blinding you to the truth. Cuomo had people assigned to nursing homes with COVID. Cuomo didn't get the respirators they should have had.

Two Coasts. One Virus. How New York Suffered Nearly 10 Times the Number of Deaths as California. — ProPublica

https://nypost.com/2020/06/29/gov-cuomo-in-no-position-to-brag-about-nys-coronavirus-response/

You are re-writing history. That's no surprise. It's what leftists are all about anymore. Totally dishonest about what occurred. Blinded by political bias.

As I showed you from the CDCs own website lots of states are trending upward. Democratic run states are not really fairing any better than Republican run states for these increases. Here is more information on this.

New York is seeing a decrease right now. Could that be because they were hit so hard in the beginning and have a bit of a herd immunity at this point?

Right now COVID is gaining in a lot of places. Republican AND Democrat. We aren't blaming Democrats why are you blaming Republicans?

US coronavirus: 10 states are seeing their highest average of daily new Covid-19 cases since the pandemic started - CNN
Wow, a whole lot of propaganda and no reason. Your bias is totally blinding you to the truth. All you have to point to are right-wing rags that publish propaganda.

For one thing, nobody is saying that Cuomo did everything right. He couldn't. There was nothing known at the time, he got little help or information from the federal government and had to go on what he had. Considering all that he did a great job. He made mistakes, but he went with what he had. Regarding the nursing homes, he followed the CDC (federal government) guideline on that at the time. Cuomo managed to get enough respirators in the end but he had to fight Trump's administration working against him far more than helping him, all because Trump was too ignorant to realize it was a crisis.

You're completely denying the fact that while NY and NJ are getting control of the disease the Republican-led red states are skyrocketing out of control. You want to ignore that fact and just look at the overall numbers as if the timeline has nothing to do with it. The timeline has everything to do with it. NY and NJ were hit earliest and hardest and overcame the worst of it steadily to get to the point that we have it far more controlled than any other states. While providing the model for other states to follow, Republican-led red states ignored it and continued business-as-usual while laughing at Cuomo and the Democrats.

Are Texas, Florida, Arizona, and the like all laughing now? No, now they are panicking, they are trying to distance themselves from their policies that got them into their mess and pretending they never made light of their situation when in fact those attitudes and behaviors of theirs is what got them to the crises they're in now.

You are re-writing history. That's no surprise. It's what right-wing reactionaries are all about anymore. Totally dishonest about what occurred. Blinded by political bias.

Right now COVID is gaining in a lot Republican places and decreasing in most Democratic places. It's funny that you spend an entire post blaming Cuomo and linking to propaganda articles that blame Cuomo then claim you aren't blaming Democrats. You are. However. you should be grateful to Cuomo and Murphy and assigning appropriate blame on the governors of Texas, Arizona, Florida, and the like. But the right is all about protecting their "way" no matter what the facts are.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Where did it happen? I googled and didn't find where anyone couldn't get respirators or PPE. There places that were concerned and ran low, but I can't find where anyone ran out and couldn't get any.
That's funny, in your post to me you said "Cuomo didn't get the respirators they should have had."

Which is it? Nobody (including Cuomo) ran out of respirators or someone (Cuomo) did??? Or are you saying Cuomo should have gotten more respirators despite not running out, just becaue you want to blame Cuomo for something and you can't find anything reasonable to blame him for??

Bottom line it we DID NOT RUN OUT. Cuomo got us enough stuff to get us through and we in NY and NJ are doing well now while Republican-led red states are facing a crisis and running out. Whatever stuff we needed Cuomo got it. Including a whole hospital ship that he got Trump to send us by pulling teeth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

Hmmm.... Obama didn't follow his own playbook. He didn't leave the government prepared according to his own stuff.

Bottom line it we DID NOT RUN OUT. We had enough stuff to get us through and we are doing well now. Whomever needed stuff got it. Including New York. Who got a whole hospital ship.
The states that are currently experiencing record rates of testing positive had New York and New Jersey as graphic examples of what could happen but they listened to this President's requests to re-open, bypassed the CDC guidelines and let down their guard!

The Trump Administration disbanded the White House Pandemic Office and then proceeded to blame to the Obama Administration for not leaving enough supplies despite having had 3 years to make their own determinations!

Medical staff were reduced to reusing masks and gowns and/or making their own, while this President, in his infinite wisdom, steadfastly refused to invoke the Defense Production Act and implied that front line workers were guilty of theft!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,431,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did anyone not have the respirators they needed? How about PPE. Was anyone out if PPE and couldn't get any? What about hand sanitizer? Were hospitals overrun? No none of that happened. Trump and his team got things rolling, made suggestions to states. Sent them materials needed.

I don't know what you expected them to do in America? States have rights you know and can make their own decisions. Trump isn't a dictator despite what the left thinks.

I see the alternate history is in play.....all those overwhelmed hospitals in NYC were simply a figment of our imagination.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,133.00
Faith
Pentecostal
That's funny, in your post to me you said "Cuomo didn't get the respirators they should have had."

Which is it? Nobody (including Cuomo) ran out of respirators or someone (Cuomo) did??? Or are you saying Cuomo should have gotten more respirators despite not running out, just becaue you want to blame Cuomo for something and you can't find anything reasonable to blame him for??

Bottom line it we DID NOT RUN OUT. Cuomo got us enough stuff to get us through and we in NY and NJ are doing well now while Republican-led red states are facing a crisis and running out. Whatever stuff we needed Cuomo got it. Including a whole hospital ship that he got Trump to send us by pulling teeth.

Cuomo had to go outside the state to get respirators. It's a good thing Trump was there to bail him out huh? If he wasn't you guys might have something to complain about. But you got what you needed didn't you. And you are still whining about it. Rewriting history.

The articles I posted told the truth. But you want to re-write history about it.

And now other states are seeing increases just as predicted when they opened up, because they were lower before now they are climbing. So while NY was climbing as well as other blue states were you just blamed Trump instead of the state. Now red states are climbing and you want to bapme Trump AND the state. When your state was suffering you demanded help from Trump and didn't blame anyone else. Now you want to blame the states?

Where was the blame for your state when it was going on? Hmmm?

It's a good thing Trump was around to give you that ship and the respirators. Otherwise your states bungle would have been much worse.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Cuomo had to go outside the state to get respirators.
What state did he have to go to and why would it matter? He had to go to companies that made respirators. Can you where those companies are? The fact is that you don't know if those companies were out of state or in NY state. In or out of state, Cuomo had to deal with the company and what they could provide and the prices they wanted to charge.

So, please provide your proof that he "had to go outside the state to get respirators". Or don't, and let your silence confirm that you were wrong to say so.

It's a good thing Trump was there to bail him out huh? If he wasn't you guys might have something to complain about.
Trump didn't bail him out. What Trump did was sit by and do nothing, ignorant about the situation, while allowing companies to let all the states' governors enter into a bidding war against each other.... AND allowing FEMA, under his authority, to ALSO enter that bidding war AGAINST NY and other states.

What Cuomo then had to do was go public and explain the idiocy of what Trump was allowing to happen under his watch and how Trump was not helping the people of the country but instead helping private business people line their pockets at the expense of US citizens' health and lives.

Watch Cuomo here and learn as he educates everyone on the ridiculous situation that came about from Trump's gross negligence (at best):

But you got what you needed didn't you. And you are still whining about it. Rewriting history.

The articles I posted told the truth. But you want to re-write history about it.
You're the one rewriting history and posting propaganda articles that are made of pure speculation and opinion. Everyone can watch Cuomo in the clip I provided above and hear his own words and judge for themselves.

Your regurgitation of others' rewritten history isn't fooling anyone.

And now other states are seeing increases just as predicted when they opened up, because they were lower before now they are climbing.
Show me where those states predicted these increases. I'll wait... (but I won't hold my breath)

So while NY was climbing as well as other blue states were you just blamed Trump instead of the state.
Of course, absolutely. Trump was bumbling and absent, making jokes, telling everyone that it was under control, would go from 15 cases to zero, would be gone by April, then by Easter, and "one day you wake up and it's gone, it's like a miracle", blah blah blah blah blah...

And while Trump was doing that, Cuomo got on TV every day, provided the facts, provided the numbers, provided the strategy and updates/changes to the strategy as each day they learned more. Cuomo provided this to NY but the entire nation watched him and learned from him. He explained the facts, explained his responses, explained that there were unknowns and things would change, and he provided the hard truth while also offering some comfort and hope.

So yeah, we blamed Trump for his negligence and failure while giving credit to Cuomo for rising up to the challenge of leading NY and de facto the entire nation on everything to do with coronavirus.

Now red states are climbing and you want to bapme Trump AND the state.
Absolutely! Trump and those states' governors ALL had an example to follow, mistakes to learn from, and a couple more months to deal with the coronavirus pandemic and instead the governors decided to do what fit their politics and reopen their economies at top speed while the White House backed them (and they boasted that the White House backed them). Pretty obvious that Trump AND the governors of those states are to blame.

When your state was suffering you demanded help from Trump and didn't blame anyone else. Now you want to blame the states?
Show me what my state's governor is to blame for and I'll be happy to blame him. But he didn't get the cooperation from the Federal government without a strugle and fight (if even at all) and he barely had federal guidance or coordination of efforts with the nation. Instead, our state's governor had to coordinate directly with neighboring states, had to struggle and implore Trump to just do his basic job to help our citizens.

Now the governors who sat around doing nothing to prevent the spread of coronavirus in their states and in fact did things to ENDANGER their states are seeing the results of their foolish actions. Why should I have any sympathy or empathy for them when they did completely foolish things to endanger their people??? No, instead of empathy there is nothing but blame for them. They don't benefit from any excuses the governors of states like NY and NJ have because they had it much easier and still CHOSE foolish behaviors and attitudes to mess up their states.

Where was the blame for your state when it was going on? Hmmm?
The blame was clearly with the federal government. Show me otherwise if you can (but we all know you can't, except with your revised history).

It's a good thing Trump was around to give you that ship and the respirators. Otherwise your states bungle would have been much worse.
Trump OWED us that ship. That is OUR ship. Trump and the Federal government OWE NY and NJ whatever we demand from them. Giving us anything is the bare minimum that they owe to us. We have paid for it countless times over. We are the driver of the economy of the nation. From a moral perspective it is owed to us just for the saving of American lives here. Everything we got from Trump had to be pulled from him, like pulling teeth. We succeeded because of our Democratic governors and in SPITE of Trump's failure. Our governors are so incredible that they were able to exert control over Trump just enough to get just what we needed.

At one point, the Republicans tried to stiff NY and NJ and so we had to fight that also. Cuomo did a great job, again going public to explain how Mitch McConnell is being divisive and is wrong, how NY does not "get bailed out" but actually has been bailing out McConnell's Kentucky and other red states for decades. It is that leadership by Cuomo that kept the Republicans in check and forced them to do what they are supposed to do instead of lying and cheating American citizens.

Now Trump's own fellow Republican governors are suffering because they chose to believe and follow his foolish advice to put the economy ahead of people.

To be honest, I don't know why those Republican governors are backpedaling now. Why masks all of a sudden? Why closures of bars and stores??? If these things work, why didn't they do it earlier to avoid the crisis they are in now? And if they didn't do those things because they don't believe they work then why do those things now??? We all know why... They went political, they did the wrong thing, now they're scared and panicking and scrambling because the next stage for them is a number of deaths that even their duped constituents will no longer tolerate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
“WHAT DO I DO? WHAT DO I DO?”: TRUMP DESPERATE, DESPONDENT AS NUMBERS CRATER, “LOSER” LABEL LOOMS

The irony is that in purely political terms, the COVID-19 could have been interpreted as the gift from Heaven that resurrected the Trump Presidency!

If this President had risen to the occasion and demonstrated true leadership, he would now be riding high in the polls, forcing the Democrats to play catch-up!

If Trump had suspended his Presidential Campaign because he wanted to dedicate all his efforts towards dealing with the pandemic, that would have guaranteed him a 2nd term!

I said this ages ago, heck trumps winning or losing really hinged upon wether or not the second wave happened, if covid had stayed all the way to november like it did in may and june he could have won, not by doing anything but by gambling on the economy and people not dying from covid. Well covid is on the rise and the economy will tank, he's lost on both gambles.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“What Do I Do? What Do I Do?”: Trump Desperate, Despondent as Numbers Crater, “Loser” Label Looms

I'm sure they will cancel the Republican Convention in Jacksonville - they pretty much have to now that the city has mandated indoor mask wearing. If they hold the convention, there will be the mask thing, plus they will be humiliated by ultra-low turnout yet again, and all in a city and state that is experiencing massive Coronavirus spikes because of their dismissive attitude toward the pandemic for the last several months. They are now reaping what they had sown.

You can tell from Trump's demeanor and panicky communications lately that he is despondent. He's done. He theoretically can recover but in reality his hubris won't let him recover.

One thing he could do is extend that question out, and the touch of humility implicit in it. Being open and direct can be a good way to reach people - although it does require some appreciation of reality - as in chancellor Merkel’s decision to treat German citizens like adults from the beginning of the crisis, making the most reliable projections plain so that people could choose how to respond with an understanding of why they should isolate etc. If Trump were to connect with state governors and any responsible people with links to protest organisers etc, admit that things are in a mess and initiate some coordinated and inclusive
response, he could provide an opportunity for actual, workable solutions to arise. But - he just won’t. It seems he prefers to peddle fantasy, slander and deceit, which is bad for his own prospects as it is for everyone else.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
On the subject of hospitals being overrun, they are starting to enter those scenarios in southern States (e.g. activating crisis measures whereby they can ration healthcare). So yeah, that's actually a very real issue right now. If cases continue to keep rising you'll soon see some pretty significant issues in southern hospitals.

For example: Arizona under 'Crisis Standards of Care'; triage protocols in place

PPE in hospitals has been an issue as well (I don't know know why you think it hasn't).

A good crisis manager focuses on uniting people in the face of adversity. Trump didn't do that, instead continuing to play partisan politics, even to the point suggesting that things like wearing a mask is political, while continuing to downplay the pandemic.

Trump has been just about the worst type of individual at the helm for this sort of crisis.

One of the common themes for the better Canadian handling of the pandemic vs America has been political unity. Perhaps the entire blame doesn't fall on Trump's shoulders, but he definitely bares some of the responsibility.

Trudeau always struck me as a bit of a myopic, self-important narcissist, but it's become obvious to me in the past six months that at least he is capable of empathy to respond sensitively to a severe crisis. The same cannot be said about Trump, who shows a profoundly callous demeanor towards human death and suffering.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Cuomo lead New York through a course that resembled a typical European country. He missed some things early, but so did many nations. But he learned from his mistakes. Trump, on the other hand, was like a dog returning to his own vomit, and the sycophants in governors offices, for the most part, followed suit, out of fear of his rabid activist base.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.