“WHAT DO I DO? WHAT DO I DO?”: TRUMP DESPERATE, DESPONDENT AS NUMBERS CRATER, “LOSER” LABEL LOOMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, blame Trump for a virus, like when they blamed Bush for a hurricane. :rolleyes:
People blame him for his response. They feel his behavior and response has not been a positive example, nor has it been helpful.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like the idea of virtual debates, though.
Only if we observers at each site to make sure you don't have advisors feeding responses through an ear piece or some other form of cheating. Both of these candidates have questions about their mental fitness.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, well I don't actually know what the "best ever" economy was. The Roman Empire? The Mongol? The British? Maybe I misspoke.
China has had one of the best growth rates ever. They also have outrageous pollution and the equivalent to slave labor. There are other countries whose economies do not look nearly as robust yet they score at the top of the chart as far as well being and happiness. What criteria are we going to use?

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t know what the “best ever” economy was either but I know what we had wasn’t it. Just like I don’t know what the square root of 4712 is but I know the answer isn’t 6. Just because I don’t know the right answer doesn’t mean I can’t identify a wrong answer.
I don't see how you can call any economy "the best" if they aren't sustainable. All of the empires crashed and burned because they didn't have a sustainable economy. On the flip side I don't see how you could claim a failed state like Native American states that weren't able to defend themselves from the West. So figuring out which of these failed economies was "the best ever" seems to be an incredible waste of time.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8
Good verse - it condemns Trump and those who walk proudly with him instead of humbly with God.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....It's tough for anybody to admit they have dedicated themselves to a failed and ignoble project.
That goes double for the voters....whove been conditioned by "conservative" talk media to believe that their voting decsions are expressions of personal and almost spiritual identity.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That goes double for the voters....whove been conditioned by "conservative" talk media to believe that their voting decsions are expressions of personal and almost spiritual identity.

maybe that will change with all the republicans for biden ads were getting, a new one that uses trump voters that will vote for biden as their main focus.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
maybe that will change with all the republicans for biden ads were getting, a new one that uses trump voters that will vote for biden as their main focus.
Well, that's the way ads work. Photograph a few people and represent them as typical of an entire party, gender, age group, or whatever. Of course, it's not true, but that's the message the commercial hopes to send.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Trump managed to make a global pandemic into a domestic political conflict. It’s how he deals with everything, attack, deflect, divide. Every leader during the pandemic has made mistakes, it’s inevitable, but yet again for Trump it’s all about sides.

The stupid thing is that Covid could have saved him politically. It could have been his 9/11, but he just threw away his opportunity like he’s thrown away so many others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, that's the way ads work. Photograph a few people and represent them as typical of an entire party, gender, age group, or whatever. Of course, it's not true, but that's the message the commercial hopes to send.

Of course it's not everyone, but pointing out many of the die hard trump supporters are turning against him might have a effect.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Of course it's not everyone, but pointing out many of the die hard trump supporters are turning against him might have a effect.

How do we know that "many of the die hard trump supporters are turning against him?" As we both know, a commercial showing a handful of actors saying that they are voting for Biden doesn't do it.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
The stupid thing is that Covid could have saved him politically. It could have been his 9/11, but he just threw away his opportunity like he’s thrown away so many others.

It’s an even bigger mistake when you realize with how COVID-19 hit. If Trump acted appropriately and pro-actively, the blue states (who were never going to vote for him anyway (except for Michigan)) took the brunt of the initial blow and the red states were going to remain generally unscathed. Now, due to missteps, the red states are taking it on the chin.

Trump’s reaction to this is to pretend it isn’t happening. I don’t care how good of a salesman Trump is, you can’t convince someone a Pinto is a Ferrari while they are sitting in a Pinto. His support in red states is going to melt if he keeps insisting nothing is wrong while the dead pile up.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What?! And I suppose the polls showing Clinton beating Trump in 2016 weren't true either!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What?! And I suppose the polls showing Clinton beating Trump in 2016 weren't true either!
We can talk about that if you wish.

However, here we were discussing a single TV commercial showing a handful of people claiming to be Republicans and saying that they are voting for Biden.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump’s reaction to this is to pretend it isn’t happening. I don’t care how good of a salesman Trump is, you can’t convince someone a Pinto is a Ferrari while they are sitting in a Pinto. His support in red states is going to melt if he keeps insisting nothing is wrong while the dead pile up.
Dang! I knew this deal I got on this Ferrari was too good to be true.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can talk about that if you wish.

However, here we were discussing a single TV commercial showing a handful of people claiming to be Republicans and saying that they are voting for Biden.
I was agreeing with you

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

That's cool. Breaking down the shame and stigma that conservative talk radio inculcates is a first step to deprogramming people of their enchantment with authoritarian politics.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
How do we know that "many of the die hard trump supporters are turning against him?" As we both know, a commercial showing a handful of actors saying that they are voting for Biden doesn't do it.

I live in Florida and the sliding support for Trump is real. The defections are not just among "never Trump" Republicans, but even among those who enthusiastically supported Trump's election, including Seniors, who were his strongest voting block here.

Trump managed to make a global pandemic into a domestic political conflict. It’s how he deals with everything, attack, deflect, divide. Every leader during the pandemic has made mistakes, it’s inevitable, but yet again for Trump it’s all about sides.

Indeed. For a brief moment in May, he had that opportunity to unite the country in a serious campaign against the Coronavirus. And for a few days, it looked like he was doing that. But quickly, he began to favor his old political habits of denial and scapegoating.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.