God, masks and Trump: What a coronavirus outbreak at a California church says about the election

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, I agreed we all behave irresponsibly at times, so no one has a right to cast stones, especially consistently biased stones. It really does get old, dude.
I don't put lives in danger, when a dangerous pandemic is going around. And there is no excuse to encourage such an evil dangerous act.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't take kindly to the suggestion that I am casting stones

Again, and read this carefully...no one has the right to cast stones.

It gets old, as in the reports here constantly do just that, and in a biased way.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is why I think Christian morality can be too easily rendered useless in the real world. If you don’t want someone to criticize you just claim they aren’t perfect and strut around like you checkmated them. If someone has to be perfect to point out something wrong than any horrible action can be excused. It causes a situation of zero moral accountability.

Then you are saying the point Christ made is null?

Maybe you strut as such, but I do not.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Remember that at the end of this episode, Jesus also tells the woman to "go forth and sin no more", acknowledging at once that, yes, she did sin by being adultery, and that she is to stop behaving as she had been.

Where is the analogue in this situation, given that this congregation refuses to admit that they had been behaving with blatant disregard for the community, and in fact continues to flaunt their breaking of the rules?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Remember that at the end of this episode, Jesus also tells the woman to "go forth and sin no more", acknowledging at once that, yes, she did sin by being adultery, and that she is to stop behaving as she had been.

Where is the analogue in this situation, given that this congregation refuses to admit that they had been behaving with blatant disregard for the community, and in fact continues to flaunt their breaking of the rules?

The fact remains the same.

At to your question, you tell me.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

Christ making this point is fine since, according to legend, he is in fact sinless. But for us mere mortals, it makes it so no one can be held accountable because there is no one who can judge since Jesus is not currently present on earth in a physical body and no mortal is without sin.

Throw out “he who is without sin cast the first stone” and you can start a genocide without being held accountable on this planet.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The fact remains the same.

At to your question, you tell me.

Why do I have to tell you anything? It's my question to you because you're the one who has invoked this in the context of this thread, not me.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christ making this point is fine since, according to legend, he is in fact sinless. But for us mere mortals, it makes it so no one can be held accountable because there is no one who can judge since Jesus is not currently present on earth in a physical body and no mortal is without sin.

Throw out “he who is without sin cast the first stone” and you can start a genocide without being held accountable on this planet.

Im sorry but you are wrong, he made the point because it applies to all of us, otherwise, what would be the point of making the point to begin with?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,243.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Again, and read this carefully...no one has the right to cast stones.

It gets old, as in the reports here constantly do just that, and in a biased way.
And listen very, very carefully to me. I was not casting stones. I was seeking a dignified discussion. It is apparent you have zero interest in that. What gets old is your entrenched hostility and closed mind. I'm done here. And you are done there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do I have to tell you anything? It's my question to you because you're the one who has invoked this in the context of this thread, not me.

You dont, anymore than I have to take time answering. Im trying to see where you are headed with this so we can get to the point and close it down. Answer the question or don't.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Im sorry but you are wrong, he made the point because it applies to all of us, otherwise, what would be the point of making the point to begin with?

Jesus can do what he wants but the use of it by mortals today makes it possible to commit genocide and not be allowed called out on it because no one currently on the planet in physical form is perfect.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And listen very, very carefully to me. I was not casting stones. I was seeking a dignified discussion. It is apparent you have zero interest in that. What gets old is your entrenched hostility and closed mind. I'm done here. And you are done there.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus can do what he wants but the use of it by mortals today makes it possible to commit genocide and not be allowed called out on it because no one currently on the planet in physical form is perfect.

That's a little something you created on your own, has nothing to do with me.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Who put, and how did they put life's in danger?
Meh. Who cares. Why is this even news? If they want to continue being a COVID-19 super spreader hot spot, let them. Hopefully, the only ones they will be harming is their own congregation.

I've been to Redding. It's small, it's remote, it would be a perfect medical case study into what happens when people don't listen to the medical experts.

• Winner
Reactions: KarateCowboy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
That's a little something you created on your own, has nothing to do with me.

In Post #10 and Post #12 you seem to suggest that the problems with the church in the OP could not be pointed out unless the Left had no problems as well. If your side has to be Lilly white pure in order to call something out, Eric Cartman could rise to power, genocidally murder gingers and you would have no room to call it out as wrong because you yourself would not be without sin.

This actually gets worse when you play it out to the conclusion that even if someone were to evade justice in this realm, no wrong doer would be guaranteed to suffer in the next since they could easily believe “Jesus is my Lord” in this realm and receive paradise in the next. Yeah, by their fruits we could question their faith but their works are no clear indications of their faith one way or the other.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Meh. Who cares. Why is this even news? If they want to continue being a COVID-19 super spreader hot spot, let them. Hopefully, the only ones they will be harming is their own congregation.

I've been to Redding. It's small, it's remote, it would be a perfect medical case study into what happens when people don't listen to the medical experts.

I didnt think I'd get an answer.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In Post #10 and Post #12 you seem to suggest that the problems with the church in the OP could not be pointed out unless the Left had no problems as well. If your side has to be Lilly white pure in order to call something out, Eric Cartman could rise to power, genocidally murder gingers and you would have no room to call it out as wrong because you yourself would not be without sin.

This actually gets worse when you play it out to the conclusion that even if someone were to evade justice in this realm, no wrong doer would be guaranteed to suffer in the next since they could easily believe “Jesus is my Lord” in this realm and receive paradise in the next. Yeah, by their fruits we could question their faith but their works are no clear indications of their faith one way or the other.

When one has to assume so much in order to have an argument, they likely have no argument at all, they are creating one from nothing.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
When one has to assume so much in order to have an argument, they likely have no argument at all, they are creating one from nothing.

Then I’m free to say the church in the OP is a menace to society and should be shutdown for being a threat to public health. Good, because I’ve been thinking it the whole time.

• Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then I’m free to say the church in the OP is a menace to society and should be shutdown for being a threat to public health. Good, because I’ve been thinking it the whole time.

You are free to do as you like, for whatever reason you like.

Upvote 0