You must read and agree before posting in this forum

I am eligible to post in this forum

• I practice MJ and attend a synagogue or small MJ group (I have read and agree to post with in the gu

• I am an invited non MJ Jew (I have read and agree to post with in the guidelines of the SOP)

• I practice MJ and attend a Church too (I have read and agree to post with in the guidelines of the S

• I practice MJ (I have read and agree to post with in the guidelines of the SOP)

• I am posting as a guest- just here for fellowship and to ask questions

Results are only viewable after voting.

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to have "Messianic" listed as my denomination way back when, but when I returned after an absence, I listed myself as "Christian seeker" and then just "Christian." When I posted on this thread before I had picked I wanted to fellowship and ask questions, but now I would like to be a full participant in the MJ forum.
It states on the "additional guidelines" on the SOP page -
Dual Attendance: Those who share our beliefs but do not attend a Messianic congregation and are in another denomination may post in this forum with the stipulation that they will not teach their Church doctrines here. Please signify this in your signature or title found under your screen name. Please make sure you have read this thread & have agreed to its provisos before posting here.

So if I put something like "Messianic Christian" as the title under my screen name, can I be a full MJ member?

• Friendly
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to have "Messianic" listed as my denomination way back when, but when I returned after an absence, I listed myself as "Christian seeker" and then just "Christian." When I posted on this thread before I had picked I wanted to fellowship and ask questions, but now I would like to be a full participant in the MJ forum.
Dual Attendance: Those who share our beliefs but do not attend a Messianic congregation and are in another denomination may post in this forum with the stipulation that they will not teach their Church doctrines here. Please signify this in your signature or title found under your screen name. Please make sure you have read this thread & have agreed to its provisos before posting here.

So if I put something like "Messianic Christian" as the title under my screen name, can I be a full MJ member?
Welcome! Yes, I believe that is OK, perhaps @Lulav can chime in to make sure? Of course one still has to post within the bounds of the forum rules, but I believe simply making that change is OK to be a member of the forum as there are others (myself included) that are other denominations but members.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome! Yes, I believe that is OK, perhaps @Lulav can chime in to make sure? Of course one still has to post within the bounds of the forum rules, but I believe simply making that change is OK to be a member of the forum as there are others (myself included) that are other denominations but members.

Thanks tampasteve. I've started posting pretty regularly again and didn't want to overstep my bounds.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Hi Diamond girl! You are always welcome to post and I love when you do!

That part was so that those that consider themselves Messianic but also attend a Sunday church denomination don't teach anything in this forum that is counter to the MJ beliefs.

Welcome back! :)

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Diamond girl! You are always welcome to post and I love when you do!

That part was so that those that consider themselves Messianic but also attend a Sunday church denomination don't teach anything in this forum that is counter to the MJ beliefs.

Welcome back! :)
Thanks Lulav!:wave:
I just wanted to make sure I was following the rules.:)

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You can add me to the list. I read and agree as a guest. I am already learning things browsing this section.

Upvote 0

JWD

Jun 19, 2018
Delaware
✟7,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've read the terms and agree to abide herein. I attended a Messianic synagogue in years past but people moved on and so did I. I am interested in the state of Messianic Judaism in the USA in 2018. Can anyone suggest some resources for reliable information?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I have read and agree to be respectful and observe sop as a guest. I absolutely support and have no reservations about supporting MJ's. I am not a Christian, yet, but I do believe in God. I am still exploring the idea of Jesus and the Savior thing. Funny, my growth as a believer in God happened when I started studying Judaism in it's broadest general sense in relation to the existential human experience. I do observe the Sabbath and study Torah. Not out of some sense of "wanna be", but because of the deeply moving inherent beauty in the truth of Torah. And oh the scholars, of all shades, so moving to my soul. There is something inherently beautiful about the Jewish world view as it were, for me personally. The religious history! Amazing, and more than can be studied in any life time!
Welcome, and may your spiritual journey be blessed with your time spent here.

Upvote 0

Chris1957

May 6, 2016
UK
✟15,319.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Didn't really know what to call myself, or which box(es) to tick in the poll. I have been following messianic Judaism for over three years now, but I am a Gentile believer in Yeshua. There are no congregations anywhere near me, so I keep sabbath on my own and attend a church with my husband on a Sunday

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I am an Israelite and obey the law and teach others to do the same according to the word of Yahshua and also his servants' word; namely the precedent which was given for the Gentiles in regard to the law.

I am not a Jew. I say that the time of the Jew is over and the time of Israel is at hand.

I agree with the SOP fully. I was surprised to see it speak everything accurately.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For those that are curious.
I don't mind being called pin.

Practicing mj..
That's sort of complicated to explain at the moment, but I imagine time has been shortened this summer and the next High Holy day will be very fruitfull.

It has been quite a journey in Faith for myself. Being old enough now to have grandchildren i am blessed to be in good health. And sharpened everyday by wonderfull compassionate brothers and sisters that I fellowship with in all walks of life. My personal Church attendance is moderate and not restricted to any specific denomination.
I have only one personal rule when visiting a congregation," i do not accept bread soaked in wine".

Even so I do love discussing the exploration of torah in bible study groups. And i have met many who love to go further into depth in the Spirit of Knowledge and understanding.
If it weren't for my many obligations I would likely spend more time visiting more of the local congregations around where I live.

I would love to share more but it is late.
So I will speak more tomorrow about what brought me where I have come to know is called the Shekinah.
It was quite an unforgettable experience especially considering I hadn't read the Holy scripture much except a little out of proverbs occasionally..
I was just a simple child wondering about the big questions and had little to no interactions with any specific congregation, .
I spent most of my time exploring the streams,lakes,forest and all manner of places that I considered God's handiwork.

Blessings Always.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Didn't really know what to call myself, or which box(es) to tick in the poll. I have been following messianic Judaism for over three years now, but I am a Gentile believer in Yeshua. There are no congregations anywhere near me, so I keep sabbath on my own and attend a church with my husband on a Sunday

Hi there, which County are you in?

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For those that are curious.
I don't mind being called pin.

Practicing mj..
That's sort of complicated to explain at the moment, but I imagine time has been shortened this summer and the next High Holy day will be very fruitfull.

It has been quite a journey in Faith for myself. Being old enough now to have grandchildren i am blessed to be in good health. And sharpened everyday by wonderfull compassionate brothers and sisters that I fellowship with in all walks of life. My personal Church attendance is moderate and not restricted to any specific denomination.
I have only one personal rule when visiting a congregation," i do not accept bread soaked in wine".

Even so I do love discussing the exploration of torah in bible study groups. And i have met many who love to go further into depth in the Spirit of Knowledge and understanding.
If it weren't for my many obligations I would likely spend more time visiting more of the local congregations around where I live.

I would love to share more but it is late.
So I will speak more tomorrow about what brought me where I have come to know is called the Shekinah.
It was quite an unforgettable experience especially considering I hadn't read the Holy scripture much except a little out of proverbs occasionally..
I was just a simple child wondering about the big questions and had little to no interactions with any specific congregation, .
I spent most of my time exploring the streams,lakes,forest and all manner of places that I considered God's handiwork.

Blessings Always.
Exploring the the natural world around me as a child was and is still a strong love of mine. Each new kind of and grass and flower is a wondrous discovery to me. Like learning from the creator of our own souls. It was only when i came to certain age of maturity that the love of my youth was renewed with an explosive appreciation for what Yeshua had done to bring me so close to Gods own heart..

The most profound experience of my adult life was when Meditating deeply on the goodness of the Father of lights.
During these yrs i was given profound visions of things i could not explain without the gift of artistry. I worked diligently to record in illustrations and notes everything i was seeing in the Spirit.
After about or around nine yrs i began to feel my soul weakened in a way that i could only explain as being worn thin.
It Was during the last vision that I heard His voice,
"What do you think of my Son"?

I was stunned and speechless.
One simple question and my thoughts were sent on a journey to find the Son.
probably the same as everybody before me when it comes to rationalizing the denial.

The intellectual barriers where being torn down within a few weeks without me even realizing.

One day while riding public transportation i noticed a single seat empty while many passengers were standing. With a few gestures the people standing declined to sit in the open seat. So, i sat down. Next to me leaning against the window was a middle aged women that seamed to be resting with their eyes closed. Then suddenly she sat up looked directly at me and Asked quite loudly,"Do you believe Jesus is your Lord and Savior?"
Of course my shy natural reaction was to look around and see if there was an audience.
And sure enough everyone i looked at was smiling at me.
So,
i boldly said,"I dont know about that".
She then replied with,"Do you think you will be getting to Heaven by your own good works?"
So,
i bodly said,"Sure why not"

So after about two or so more stubborn yrs on my behalf. The Time Came for me to Confess. My soul was in such pain and confusion except for the reminder of that women in the seat next to me. I cried out in my Soul, Yes, Jesus please help!
Instantly there was a Strong Presence of Comfort and i felt as if Time had stopped. After reading about nde.s i can relate. All of the burdens of guilt from the Past were lifted and being blotted out. And i watched the reel of my entire life up till then being played out and healed in a way that is difficult to explain.
And then I Heard the Voice,
"Is there anything Else?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0