• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You must read and agree before posting in this forum

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by Tishri1, Aug 3, 2013.

1. I practice MJ and attend a synagogue or small MJ group (I have read and agree to post with in the gu

2. I am an invited non MJ Jew (I have read and agree to post with in the guidelines of the SOP)

3. I practice MJ and attend a Church too (I have read and agree to post with in the guidelines of the S

4. I practice MJ (I have read and agree to post with in the guidelines of the SOP)

5. I am posting as a guest- just here for fellowship and to ask questions

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tishri1

Tishri1 CF Owner's Advisory Team Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+3,961
    Messianic
    Married
    You must read and agree before posting in this forum

Here is the new SOP for the Messianic Judaism Forum

but be sure to vote on this poll as well ok:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2016
  2. Tishri1

+3,961
    Messianic
    Married
  3. Phillip Hawley

Phillip Hawley Y'shua HaMoshiach based Messianic Jew

+340
    Messianic
    Married
    I am a Torah Observant Jew that practices Messianic Judaism and does not believe that Y'shua lied about Torah being diminished in the slightest degree (I have read and agree to abide by the SOP). :kiss:

4. Tishri1

+3,961
    Messianic
    Married
    Your don't practice mj?

5. Tishri1

+3,961
    Messianic
    Married
    Many folk wanted this poll to see who should and who shouldn't be here and also to make sure they read the sop

Its not rocket science:D

6. Norbert L

Norbert L Well-Known Member Supporter

+313
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I'm considering #4.

Is keeping the 7th day Sabbath and the annual feast days plus agreeing to the dietary restrictions qualify enough to equate to "practice MJ"?

7. Tishri1

+3,961
    Messianic
    Married
    That's something you have to answer I mean if your not sure. Read the sop and see if that's you ....do you attend an MJ group? Or are you just a church goer who happens to be interested in kosher food and attending Jewish festivals ? But not really invested in the lifestyle ? It's different for everyone but you should know in your own self right?

8. MadMaxData

MadMaxData Believer In Yeshua HaMashiakh

+10
    Messianic
    Single
    Shalom everyone, you can call me Max it's what all my friends call me. Glad to be here with those of like mind. :wave:

9. Tishri1

+3,961
    Messianic
    Married
    Hi, welcome:thumbsup:

10. MadMaxData

MadMaxData Believer In Yeshua HaMashiakh

+10
    Messianic
    Single
    Hi there, and thank you for the welcome that was nice of you. :wave:

You sure have a lot of titles!

Shalom, Max

11. Tishri1

+3,961
    Messianic
    Married
    lol they kinda adopted me:thumbsup:

12. Tishri1

+3,961
    Messianic
    Married
    hey Norbert some one pointed out that you could what I said before in a bad way:hug:, if that was the case i apologize, what i mean is there are no hoops you have to jump thru here ....if you feel you are MJ you are, dont let our group define you
    Here are the basics
    Love for Torah and all God's word( don't forget Yeshua's
    ' words too:thumbsup:)
    Love for and possible practice of the Lords festivals and maybe some customs even that we see in the Jewish culture....if you attend an MJ group or synagogue cool that too:thumbsup:

There is no cookie cutter MJ though so be prepared for many opinions from our group here:thumbsup:

13. seascape7

seascape7 Newbie

+29
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hello! Here to learn! :)

14. HannibalFlavius

HannibalFlavius Well-Known Member

+170
    Messianic
    Single
    But I already have a list.

15. catlynne333

catlynne333 Regular Member

+1,009
    Messianic
    Single
    Hi I am new here, I read and agree:wave:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  16. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+691
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Great question Norbert L! I term myself Messianic Gentile..... I began observing the Sabbaths and Holy Days and attempting to avoid pork and shellfish back in the '70's..... I have never given up on these... but I am 150 miles away from the Messianic Synagogue in Halifax and so just simply attend a Pentecostal Church with my wife.

I have some rather interesting contacts in the Orthodox Jewish community because I am trying my best to figure out a way to finance the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third Temple complex perhaps before the year 2033! 2030 is the 2000 year/ 2 metaphorical day anniversary of the death, burial and resurrection of Rabbi Yeshua/Jesus.......... and so the rebuilding of the Ezekiel chapter 40 to 48 temple around that time...... does have some logic in it????!!!

I will appreciate your prayers regarding this!

Canadian support for rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple Complex can alter Middle East political formula.

Is there a way in which growing Canadian support for the Jewish people in their desire to rebuild their Jerusalem Third Temple could be combined with a major peace initiative to the Islamic nations?

Would Prime Minister Stephen Harper who has control of parliament for three more years, perhaps be more interested in the alternative idea of investing in turning deserts green than he has been in some sort of carbon tax or cap and trade system?

I think so:

Proposal for the creation of a Quebec provincial currency unit to save coastal communities from threat of rising ocean levels.

I am advocating investing BILLIONS OF DOLLARS in turning deserts green all over the world as a method of combatting climate change. The Islamic nations have so much to gain from this initiative, if it becomes popular, that they would probably be more willing to give something significant to Canada's Jewish community.

I believe that control of the Jerusalem Temple Mount by the newly formed Jerusalem Sanhedrin and the right for Jews to rebuild and use their Third Temple to offer up sacrifices in the exact manner in which Moses/Moshe told them to do is something that a high percentage of Jewish Canadians would deeply appreciate.

I am of the belief that ancient Jewish, Christian and Islamic scriptures have ARTISTIC value that can be translated into both DIPLOMATIC and ECONOMIC VALUE. Wars can be prevented through books and film projects based on sacred scriptures that help us to better understand people raised within a totally different culture than us.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  17. Rafiel

Rafiel Member

+3
    Christian
    Single
    I have read and agree to be respectful and observe sop as a guest. I absolutely support and have no reservations about supporting MJ's. I am not a Christian, yet, but I do believe in God. I am still exploring the idea of Jesus and the Savior thing. Funny, my growth as a believer in God happened when I started studying Judaism in it's broadest general sense in relation to the existential human experience. I do observe the Sabbath and study Torah. Not out of some sense of "wanna be", but because of the deeply moving inherent beauty in the truth of Torah. And oh the scholars, of all shades, so moving to my soul. There is something inherently beautiful about the Jewish world view as it were, for me personally. The religious history! Amazing, and more than can be studied in any life time!

18. Tishri1

+3,961
    Messianic
    Married
    Welcome both of you:):wave::)

19. Hahner Reid

Hahner Reid Guest

+0
    Glad to be here! :clap:

20. Tishri1