Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't understand, can you explain this
Its what the scripture says. Thomas needed to see before he believed Christ rose from the dead, but we only need to hear and we believe. Believe in what? Healers? No, thats not what the scripture is saying

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its what the scripture says. Thomas needed to see before he believed Christ rose from the dead, but we only need to hear and we believe. Believe in what? Healers? No, thats not what the scripture is saying
I know but just because the bible doesn't say one thing literally doesn't mean it isn't anywhere else in there, cause remember Jesus said "all things are possible with God" and for one who believes anything can happen for that person, he also said even if we had faith as small as a mustard seed we can move mountains, so just because healing isnt in thier literally doesn't mean one can't be a healer. We call be all things in Christ. And for anything to work one must have faith and one must believe. That's why Jesus says for us to pray with a believing heart and to do all things in faith cause without faith God cant work in our lives and hearts because knowingly without faith its impossible to please God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know but just because the bible doesn't say one thing literally doesn't mean it isn't anywhere else in there, cause remember Jesus said "all things are possible with God" and for one who believes anything can happen for that person, he also said even if we had faith as small as a mustard seed we can move mountains, so just because healing isnt in thier literally doesn't mean one can't be a healer. We call be all things in Christ. And for anything to work one must have faith and one must believe. That's why Jesus says for us to pray with a believing heart and to do all things in faith cause without faith God cant work in our lives and hearts because knowingly without faith its impossible to please God.
Doing all things in Christ who strengthens us includes suffering need. All things are possible to those who believe? Why did the apostles wear rags and suffer hunger? Did they lack faith? We dont have a padded cross to bear.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Doing all things in Christ who strengthens us includes suffering need. All things are possible to those who believe? Why did the apostles wear rags and suffer hunger? Did they lack faith? We dont have a padded cross to bear.
I understand what you are saying but you see that's the thing you are missing the point I'm trying to make here, why are you trying to argue with me, if you and I both possess the holy spirit, why are we to disagree against each other, can the holy spirit speak against himself? And I don't know, ask Jesus, however I do know we are no longer in the medieval times. It seemed easier then, then now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And what's wrong with wearing a rag? I don't understand what you are trying to imply to me in this thread or the point you are trying to make to me.
Why wear rags and suffer hunger, like the apostles did, when all you must do is believe? All things are possible to those who believe

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why wear rags and suffer hunger, like the apostles did, when all you must do is believe? All things are possible to those who believe
Whether in or outside of Christ. There will always be suffering dude. To live for Christ is the suffer and know you may not make it out alive. Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world, but when he sends it into the world, it suffers, cause the world doesn't recognize it and they don't recognize it cause the world doesn't know it. His followers are foreign to this world. Where is this coming from anyway, I don't remember talking about this

Upvote 0