Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi...I believe this...that where light is darkness cannot prevail. People who had demons cast out in the Bible were not born again of His Spirit. So it was rather common practice of Jesus and His disciples to go around casting out demons. But once they became born again and filled with His Spirit they were no longer a vessel that demons could POSSESS...however because our spirit was reborn and not our flesh then this is where we can be tempted...if we yield to the temptations we eventually become "bound" to that evil spirit...example....drugs, alcohol, inappropriate content...these demons are relentless in tempting us through fleshly desires. So now we are CAPTIVES of Satans chains of bondage...these are strongholds in our lives that we seek to be free from.
Jesus said I have come to set the captives free...to loose the chains that bind us.
So when people seek deliverance...they are not possessed but rather bound by fleshly desires that they cannot overcome but by the power of Jesus and what He accomplished on the Cross.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps it's just a way of denying God and His power like you said. It could be driven by fear.

It reminds me of the story of Adam and Eve fleeing the Lord in the garden when he was walking and they hid in fear from the Lord when they had their eyes opened to good and evil. Perhaps denial is a way to cope with the fear of God's power.

I enjoy reading your threads. :)
Or perhaps when the truth actually becomes a reality nobody really believes nothing

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi...I believe this...that where light is darkness cannot prevail. People who had demons cast out in the Bible were not born again of His Spirit. So it was rather common practice of Jesus and His disciples to go around casting out demons. But once they became born again and filled with His Spirit they were no longer a vessel that demons could POSSESS...however because our spirit was reborn and not our flesh then this is where we can be tempted...if we yield to the temptations we eventually become "bound" to that evil spirit...example....drugs, alcohol, inappropriate content...these demons are relentless in tempting us through fleshly desires. So now we are CAPTIVES of Satans chains of bondage...these are strongholds in our lives that we seek to be free from.
Jesus said I have come to set the captives free...to loose the chains that bind us.
So when people seek deliverance...they are not possessed but rather bound by fleshly desires that they cannot overcome but by the power of Jesus and what He accomplished on the Cross.
Ok but you people are way off here .I'm not talking about casting out a demon or someone being possessed. I'm talking about Gods people rejecting his own kind. Like people rejected Christ and cause of what they saw of him, they wasn't expecting someone such as himself. They judged the man who was God himself and they questioned his authority by testing him and trying to make him look like a tool. Like when in a super market or somewhere you pass by someone and they look at you from head to toe and gives you some kind nasty look. And I'm talking about how some people claim to believe in him and love him but reject his power and work in creation and people. Well God does not just work with people through the bible, God can work outside of the Bible with people too. And can do it in many unique ways. Why some people put him a box and limit his limitations I don't know, but God has no limits, he can intervene himself in society and do whatever he wants and whenever he pleases. Dont you think God smiles sometimes and have moods where he feels like dropping a piece of bread for a bird to eat in a dark wet and muddy alley? Anyway, God is not dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dont believe in faith healers but i would never say someone has a demon.
Look man, With God, you gotta believe in all things cause Jesus says things like this is only impossible with man. God is real, and because he is God, he can do anything...

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Look man, With God, you gotta believe in all things cause Jesus says things like this is only impossible with man. God is real, and because he is God, he can do anything...
Sure but im doubting man. Healers boast of their gift but they never enter a hospital to heal dying people. Why is that?

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure but im doubting man. Healers boast of their gift but they never enter a hospital to heal dying people. Why is that?
Well how do you know they never went to a hospital? And while not everyone is genuine, like I said there are real ones out there who actually are being persecuted and ridiculed by people and some of God's own. Some, not all. And we are not to boast about our gifts anyway, that seems a bit cocky on thier part, the Lord empowers us with these gifts to do his work and help others in the world. And he does it for his glory, not ours. So I don't know why they are boasting, I don't like boasters much anyway, it makes me hurl when I find myself doing it sometimes..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well how do you know they never went to a hospital? And while not everyone is genuine, like I said there are real ones out there who actually are being persecuted and ridiculed by people and some of God's own. Some, not all.
I remain skeptical of signs and wonders.

• Haha
Reactions: Jen35
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And as long as you remain a doubter, you will never see Gods miracles in this world cause you don't believe. And when you don't believe in anything you won't believe nothing...

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remain skeptical of signs and wonders.
I believe thier are no more signs..and im sure we all have looked for a sign in our lifetime, thats common, but Jesus said there will be no more signs in this world but the things he told of us that would happen and himself being the only sign when people see him return.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And as long as you remain a doubter, you will never see Gods miracles in this world cause you don't believe. And when you don't believe in anything you won't believe nothing...
I dont need to see signs and wonders, faith comes by hearing not seeing. We walk by faith not sight.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe thier are no more signs..and im sure we all have looked for a sign in our lifetime, thats common, but Jesus said there will be no more signs in this world but the things he told of us that would happen and himself being the only sign when people see him return.
The miracles of the Lord and His apostles were signs.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dont need to see signs and wonders, faith comes by hearing not seeing. We walk by faith not sight.
If anyone says they have never looked for a sign or wonder in thier lifetime, they are either in denial or lying, cause I'm sure everyone on this Earth has looked for some kind of wonder from the Lord. We all have. And it is normal. But I know the Bible also says blessed are they who haven't seen and yet still believed and most people will probably never believe anything until they see that sign they so long for in thier life. But the signs are all around us, observe and look around, can't you see it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If anyone says they have never looked for a sign or wonder in thier lifetime, they are either in denial or lying, cause I'm sure everyone on this Earth has looked for some kind of wonder from the Lord. We all have. And it is normal. But I know the Bible also says blessed are they who haven't seen and yet still believed and most people will probably never believe anything until they see that sign they so long for in thier life. But the signs are all around us, observe and look around, can't you see it?
Yes, blessed are those who havent seen miracles but still believe in Christ. This actually proves faith isnt dependent on seeing miracles. Yet you say otherwise.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, blessed are those who havent seen miracles but still believe in Christ. This actually proves faith isnt dependent on seeing miracles. Yet you say otherwise.
I don't understand, can you explain this

Upvote 0