W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Whether in or outside of Christ. There will always be suffering dude. Today live for Christ is the suffer and know you may not make it out alive. Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world, but when he sends it into the world, it suffers, cause the world doesn't recognize it and they don't recognize it cause the world doesn't know it. Where is this coming from anyway, I don't remember talking about this
You said all things are possible to those who believe.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You said all things are possible to those who believe.
Yes anything we ask in his name with a believing and faithful heart we will be sure to receive it. And anything we believe we can do in Jesus withwith our hearts souls and minds we will be sure be able to do it..

Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes anything we ask in his name with a believing and faithful heart we will be sure to receive it. And anything we believe we can do in Jesus withwith our hearts souls and minds we will be sure be able to do it..
Why didnt the apostles just believe for new clothes and food?

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why didnt the apostles just believe for new clothes and food?
Do you really think they needed new clothes back then? Did Peter and John really need gucci footwear or an armani suit? Don't ask me that. Ok. You are talking about something I'm not talking about now. To believe is to think and feel with ones mind and heart and to do it in Jesus. Can I think up a prada dress and make it appear on me? I would sure like to know

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you really think they needed new clothes back then? Did Peter and John really need gucci footwear or an armani suit? Don't ask me that. Ok. You are talking about something I'm not talking about now.
They wore rags andd suffered hunger.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And the only reason he can flee from us if we don't let him have power over us in our minds and hearts, but the Lord is real and does intervene in our lives sometimes...

he also said even if we had faith as small as a mustard seed we can move mountains, so just because healing isnt in thier literally doesn't mean one can't be a healer. We call be all things in Christ.
If we seek first God's kingdom, we are guaranteed our Father will add all we need. So, I understand, if I have a medical issue, but I am not sure what God would do about it > I can simply seek Him first and trust Him to add whatever healing and health provision He knows He wants to add physically.

But there is healing which is guaranteed >

"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (James 5:16)

Here, healing is in the context of dealing with our sin problems. We need how God heals us more together with Him in His love, so that we share with Him in His character . . . so we are more maturely loving, instead of sinning.

We have mutual confession with mutual prayer, then, to get us "healed" of whatever in us makes us able to sin and then suffer. Plus, we seek to be "healed" more together with God in His love, instead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If we seek first God's kingdom, we are guaranteed our Father will add all we need. So, I understand, if I have a medical issue, but I am not sure what God would do about it > I can simply seek Him first and trust Him to add whatever healing and health provision He knows He wants to add physically.

But there is healing which is guaranteed >

"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (James 5:16)

Here, healing is in the context of dealing with our sin problems. We need how God heals us more together with Him in His love, so that we share with Him in His character . . . so we are more maturely loving, instead of sinning.

We have mutual confession with mutual prayer, then, to get us "healed" of whatever in us makes us able to sin and then suffer. Plus, we seek to be "healed" more together with God in His love, instead.
I know that but welcome to the new age, do you think people really pray for each other, they don't, they pray for themselves and while thats not a bad thing, most of this world is selfish and not worried about seeking God. I know some people probably are genuine but at the end of the day while the world is rejoicing there's another child of God hidden suffering and captive somewhere else in dungeon or something like it.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why is it when the Lord intervenes in society or a person's life, they say the person is crazy or have a demon? A lot of people say they believe in the Lord, but when he actually causes a miracle in that person's life, they say you crazy, you schizo or on drugs or have a demon or that it is the devil. The Lord can cause miracles. And anything is possible for one who believes, but I think that's the thing people say they believe but when it becomes real you find out they have an unbelieving heart in that area. Even when the Lord himself came and did miracles and stuff they said he had a demon. It's either you are crazy, get needles stucked in your veins, or end up ridiculed, in jail or near a trash can somewhere. What's up with that? I know I see a lot of you tube videos of people seeing and witnessing the Lord. I mean I will be honest some do looked tampered with, then again I don't know but I do know the Lord is real and thier are people out there who have had real supernatural expierences with him. Just because another person testimony was false doesn't mean the other one is. You never know, you might actually meet a real one who is rejected and thought as crazy. And I know the Lord didn't have a demon and was the true son of God sent on Earth to do his father's will. And the Lord Jesus himself said he would send people himself also and that anyone who rejected the one he sent is rejecting him also. And the devil isnt real, he is a liar, and he only makes himself real by planting lies in our heads. Something that has no power over the Lord isnt real cause scripture says, resist the devil, draw close to the Lord and he will flee. So the devil isnt real, he's just a temporary thing that tries to make himself real and makes us believe he is real. He doesn't really exist unless we give him that power to exist in our lives. And the only reason he can flee from us if we don't let him have power over us in our minds and hearts, but the Lord is real and does intervene in our lives sometimes...

Not all Christians are non-believers in miracles. We've had debates on it here. Some people believe in miracles while others do not. If you believe in them then just ignore the non-believers. That's what I do ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Jen35
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know that but welcome to the new age, do you think people really pray for each other, they don't, they pray for themselves and while thats not a bad thing, most of this world is selfish and not worried about seeking God. I know some people probably are genuine but at the end of the day while the world is rejoicing there's another child of God hidden suffering and captive somewhere else in dungeon or something like it.
There are people who pray for one another. So, I would not judge by what wrong people are doing; they could be a trick to get us to think that everyone is the way they are.

Yes, pray for ones God has you know are by themselves. And God can have them pray for you, though they do not know who you are :) You now are capable of knowing they are there; they are capable of knowing you know!

• Informative
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok but you people are way off here .I'm not talking about casting out a demon or someone being possessed. I'm talking about Gods people rejecting his own kind. Like people rejected Christ and cause of what they saw of him, they wasn't expecting someone such as himself. They judged the man who was God himself and they questioned his authority by testing him and trying to make him look like a tool. Like when in a super market or somewhere you pass by someone and they look at you from head to toe and gives you some kind nasty look. And I'm talking about how some people claim to believe in him and love him but reject his power and work in creation and people. Well God does not just work with people through the bible, God can work outside of the Bible with people too. And can do it in many unique ways. Why some people put him a box and limit his limitations I don't know, but God has no limits, he can intervene himself in society and do whatever he wants and whenever he pleases. Dont you think God smiles sometimes and have moods where he feels like dropping a piece of bread for a bird to eat in a dark wet and muddy alley? Anyway, God is not dead.
I totally agree with you...I have argued this same subject with many to no avail...they will not or cannot believe unless they see with their own eyes. And man's doctrines have created a box that God must "fit" into and if it doesn't fit then it isn't God.
I know He exists and manifests Himself and His Power daily in the lives of those who have the faith to believe that NOTHING is impossible for Him.
I have experienced many supernatural demonstrations of His Power in my life and cannot deny the existence of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
God Bless

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I've had a mental illness almost all my life (I have schizo-affective disorder bipolar type and before my diagnosis I had severe depression) and I've had an encounter with Jesus also. When I tell people about my encounter most of the time they don't believe me and blame my mental illness but I know it was real. That's all that matters to me. My wife believes me though so that's extra comfort for me.

I mean I've hallucinated many things. I can tell the difference between a hallucination and something that was real. What I experienced was DEFINITELY real and out of this world. But I think it's extremely common for those who have an encounter with Jesus for people to call them crazy and bipolar because after all not very many people have an experience like that. Jesus only visits those whom he wants to visit. I'm sure Paul and the disciples were called crazy too when they saw the resurrected body of Christ but that doesn't make their encounter any less real.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And the problem is? What are you trying to imply here?
You said all things are possible for those who believe, so why did the apostles wear rags and suffer hunger? Why didn't they just believe for new clothes and food? Its a simple question.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You said all things are possible for those who believe, so why did the apostles wear rags and suffer hunger? Why didn't they just believe for new clothes and food? Its a simple question.
Honestly, I never known or ever heard of the apostles complaining about new clothes. Can you show me where they said they needed new clothes? And correct me if wrong but didnt Jesus feed the apostles fish bread and wine. And like I already told you when you believe in anything in Jesus name and himself, anything will become possible for you. How hard is that for you to understand? Believing is having faith in all your heart soul and mind something you believe in can happen. Do you understand now?

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And besides i don't think the apostles were worried about some new clothes, thier minds was too focus on Jesus' business and what was going on around them. I don't think they were worried about that dude. Thier minds seem to be focused on everything else too much...I think the Pharisees would have been more worried about that then they would have been...

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Honestly, I never known or ever heard of the apostles complaining about new clothes. Can you show me where they said they needed new clothes? And correct me if wrong but didnt Jesus feed the apostles fish bread and wine. And like I already told you when you believe in anything in Jesus name and himself, anything will become possible for you. How hard is that for you to understand? Believing is having faith in all your heart soul and mind something you believe in can happen. Do you understand now?
1 Corinthians 4:11 To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And besides i don't think the apostles were worried about some new clothes, thier minds was too focus on Jesus' business and what was going on around them. I don't think they were worried about that dude. Thier minds seem to be focused on everything else too much...I think the Pharisees would have been more worried about that then they would have been...
1 Corinthians 4:11 To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless.

Upvote 0