Dukane

Oct 28, 2003
✟113.00
1) Interesting though...what exactly are Christians doing to humanity?

2) Christianity is actually the only religion where you don't physically have to do anything.

3) There are no guidelines besides allowing yourself to be saved.

4) You could be messing with a lot of stuff that's bigger than you, and it's not always wise.

1) k, first of all Cristians are responsible for destroying some of the ancient worlds most prised possesions. such as roman temples that were by no means in the way of christians. why then did christians rob us today of knowing more than we do about ancient civilizations.

2) A religion that does not require you to to anything physical is BS. How are you expected to thank your god(s) for its blessings and communicate.

3) Riddle me this. why is it that a man on Death Row for killing 100 ppl can be "saved" and accepted into "Heaven" by only asking Jesus to forgive him. When a man in Africa who has never heard of God or Jesus and has lived a true life with no major faults such as killing ppl will go to "Hell"?

4) Ok, and you dont think your god is bigger than you? if not than you are saying you are on the same playing field as your god, wich from my understanding it is not so good to say that you are equal with your god. for you are Human and he is well... a god.

ok, that was my first post so bare with me if i made any mistakes with the quoting and what not.

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
HomeBound said:
I saw an interesting documentary on the Salem witch trials. Forensic research has found that bad wheat was responsible for all the items attributed to witchcraft in those days.

That's a popular theory, but I wish I'd seen the documentary; I am unaware of any forensic evidence indicating that rye bread was responsible and the townspeople didn't behave in the same manner as those in villages which we know to have suffered such an outbreak.

So far, my belief is that hysteria and a certain mindset were responsible.
So far. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Kira Faye said:
well I just heard on some doco that between 60,000-300,000 people were accussed/burnt something like that..seems kinda big.
Way too many - I don't think that there were that many people in New England or maybe even the whole collection of colonies at that time. More like 10 people maybe, though that was 10 too many. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Witchy Woman

Oct 3, 2003
✟15,142.00
Faith
Pagan
Politics
US-Libertarian
newlamb said:
Way too many - I don't think that there were that many people in New England or maybe even the whole collection of colonies at that time. More like 10 people maybe, though that was 10 too many. :sigh:
LOL, I think she was talking about the worldwide hysteria, not just in America. The Salem witch trials were nothing compared to the persecution over in Europe, particularly Germany.

Upvote 0

Witchy Woman

Oct 3, 2003
✟15,142.00
Faith
Pagan
Politics
US-Libertarian
I thought this was kind of interesting, so I thought I'd share it with you. It's from a study by Dr. Ronald Hutton.

Country___________Recorded Executions________Estimated Death Toll

America________________36________________________35 - 37
Austria_________________ ??______________________1,500 - 3,000
Belgium_________________??__________________________250
Bohemia________________??______________________1,000 - 2,000
Channel Islands__________66 _________________________66 - 80
Denmark________________??_________________________1,000
England________________228______________________300 - 1,000
Estonia_________________65__________________________100
Finland_________________115_________________________115
France_________________775_____________________5,000 - 6,000
Germany_______________8,188___________________17,324 - 26,000
Hungary________________449__________________________800
Iceland_________________22___________________________22
Ireland__________________4_________________________ 4 - 10
Italy___________________95___________________________ 800
Latvia__________________??___________________________100
Luxembourg_____________358________________________355 - 358
Netherlands_____________203________________________203 - 238
Norway_________________280___________________________350
Poland__________________???_____________________1,000 - 5,000
Portugal_________________7_____________________________7
Russia__________________10____________________________10
Scotland_______________599_____________________1,100 - 2,000
Spain___________________6___________________________40 - 50
Sweden_________________??________________________200 - 250
Switzerland____________1,039_____________________4,000 - 5,000

Grand Total:___________12,545___________________35,184 - 63,850

Upvote 0

supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sorry Dukane, I haven't been online in forever I know!

1. Don't diss the religion because of it's followers. I know we're not all perfect, but then neither are you. Sometimes we do stupid things, like the things you described. Don't blame God for that. Blame people. Heck, blame me, I don't mind, I'll probably do something equally stupid in my lifetime. Just don't blame God.

2. That's not exactly what I meant. It required very little of you as a religion, all you have to do is believe and confess that you've done things wrong and that you need God to lead you. Once God leads you, you can physically do things to thank Him. Milk, then solid food.

3. About the man on death row, it's called forgiveness, known as in a loving God. However, forgiveness can not be given to those who refuse to recieve it. The man in Africa I honestly don't know, and don't need to know. I have a trust in an all-knowing, all-loving God to find a way to reach him and give him his choice. That's bothered me forever too, but I realized that it wasn't pertinent to me. God has the power to deal with that dilemma.

4. I'm not trying to manipulate God or take him for my own uses. I am His and He uses me and guides me, that's the point of it. I do not summon Him or control Him. Anything supposedly bigger than you that you can control, well, you shoudl be worried. Whatever it is is not being honest with you . And that's common sense.

Sorry if I"m reviving this thread or beating a dead horse.

God Bless,

-Emily

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
roseheartwind said:
if u have a friend in wicca is there anything u can do??
Yes, remember that you are a follower of Jesus and love her/him as Jesus would have loved them. You may not bring your friend into your faith, however you can at least be content in the knowledge that you acted in full accord with yours.

Upvote 0

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
nami said:
I don't know exactly what God meant when He said not to utilize witchcraft

Witchcraft to me is depending on anything but God for the answers, like asking an ouija board something, or depending on cards or someone who claims they know what is in store for your life by the heavens (stars, etc), or something as simple as having faith in a rabbits foot or believing in superstitions like throwing salt over your shoulder in the devils eye if you spill some, lol, our ancestors made up some fancy ones to keep some excitement in their lives in the long winters or something. Anyways, that is what witchcraft is to me, and i'm not saying that because someone is superstitious that they are practicing witchcraft, i'm saying that this is what it is to me personally

Upvote 0

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
HomeBound said:
I saw an interesting documentary on the Salem witch trials. Forensic research has found that bad wheat was responsible for all the items attributed to witchcraft in those days.
Yes there was a drug that causes hallucinations on the rye that ppl ate Egret i think the name is.
The funny thing is about those witch trials, there was one way the 'christians' could tell who the witch was who was picking on them, they made a pee cake, yes they made a cake out of the persons pee who was being picked on by a 'witch', and that person would dream of the witch(es), and then they would know exactly who the witch was!.....and they did it all with witchcraft........beam me up Scotty!!:help:

Upvote 0