Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
Your post wasn't very clear in that regard.

In any case not all "Christo/Pagans" or "Christian Wiccans" see your God the way you do. Trying to prove your point using your beliefs won't really mean much to them unless they see "God" in the same fashion. Since you cannot prove your view of even your God is the correct one (if it was proveable there wouldn't be thousands of Christian sects), it seems rather pointless to tell them how wrong they are.

Upvote 0

Havoc

Celtic Witch
Jul 26, 2002
Realityville
Visit site
✟14,135.00
Faith
Pagan
Probably not. Wiccans generally believe in threefold return, which means her spell would have made her much sicker than you. That's why Wiccans are forbidden to harm others or cast spells without the recipient's permission.

Everyone has a story about how a Witch cast an evil spell on them or someone they know. Everyone has a story about how seatbelts kill you. Fables are fables any way you look at them.

Upvote 0

xtxArchxAngelxtx

Peace Keeper
Aug 18, 2003
Dayton Ohio
Visit site
✟16,903.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Oh I know it could of just been a psycological thing, but it was a very intense contrast.
I have never even spoken to her, but the entire school knew I was a strong christian, and that alone cause me to have a quite a few enemies.

But she does at least practice with craft
I had seen her reading peoples palms a lot, plus her pentagram wood ship necklace was kinda of a dead give away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Fake as in, someone who says they are a witch/wicca but they dont know or understand the beliefs of wicca, and often seem to break them. Often they act more along the lines of the stereotypical witch than a wiccan. For example, saying they are going to "curse" someone, or having "psychic wars" between each other (what the fake witch people at my school claimed to be doing).

Here is the wiccan rede, and info about it,
www.witchvox.com/basics/rede.html

and here is the three fold law,
http://www.witchvox.com/basics/three.html

I like using witchvox because, as they note on the side, they arent teaching witchcraft, but are here to provide an understanding of what wicca is, and because they could probably do a much better job explaining than me. :)

Aaron11 said:
No, seriously though. What makes someone a real wiccan as opposed to a fake one?

Also, what are the fundamental beliefs of a wiccan? I am genuinely interested.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟30,452.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's the wonderful thing about symbols, they can mean whatever you want them to mean.

Caedmon said:
Hehehe... :)

I like the pentangle. It represents the five wounds of Christ and the five knightly virtues, not to mention the Knights Templar. ;)

Upvote 0

Kira Faye

Spiritualist Witch
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟1,172.00
Faith
Pagan
The pentagram in wiccan terms represents earth, fire, wind, water, metal and spirit...All five points are the elements and spirit is the centre of all. In my view its a very earth based symbol combining all the elemtnets of the earth and spirit and compining them equally to create a balance with everything..Man I wish I had a good balance between study time and TV time..might help te hehehe. Also I would liek to point out that 'fake' wiccans usually come from what they see on TV and take spells and such off those shows, pretend to cast them etc...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arthur Dietrich

Prince of the Earth
Jul 28, 2003
✟934.00
Faith
Agnostic
There are a lot of instances of witchcraft in the Bible that God seems to let slide...even encourage. As I recall, Joseph praticed scrying.

I found this article that was kind of interesting:

http://www.wellreadwitch.com/jcwitch.htm

My advice (I haven't read the whole thread...so sleepy:yawn:)
Is this:

Do not enter Christianity (pauses to let people fume, then adds) out of fear. Do not leave Wicca out of fear. Only you can know what path is right for you. It's a decision no one else can make.

Upvote 0

Volos

Jun 25, 2003
Michign
✟4,244.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I call the fake ones “Glam witches” They are usually more interested in jewelry and being seen than anything else. They like the idea of being a ‘witch’ but don’t know thing one about the religion. Why read difficult books about religion when you can watch bad movies like “The Craft”?

Upvote 0

Arthur Dietrich

Prince of the Earth
Jul 28, 2003
✟934.00
Faith
Agnostic
When I told a group of 'friends' in highschool that I was a Wiccan the first thing one of them (I even remember her name...Stacy) said to me was,

"Prove it. Turn yourself into a frog."

Me: I can't

Her: Ha! I knew you were lying.

Followed by some explaining and some wanting to bang heads against walls.

The way I dress might be described as 'dark'. Not really goth. Actually, I could be in a Gap add and still look mildly goth. That's just me XP

Any ways....glam witches and fluffbunnies and fakes, oh my!

Upvote 0