Kira Faye

Spiritualist Witch
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟1,172.00
Faith
Pagan
Ok I know this is a christian board and all and I am nto christian etc.... but anyway I am wiccan and I was looking for some answers...ok I know in the bible it says whom ever does witch craft goes to hell etc....(Can someoen find me that passage so I can look it up in my bible) Anyway I am havign a debate with a friend that, that particular qoute would be considered inaccurate because it gives a false portray of witch craft and is in-accurte...come some give me some evidence on the passage etc....? Thanks bunch :help: :wave: ;)

karla

Love God, Serve God
Nov 5, 2002
York, Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟2,814.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not sure if this is the passgae you are referring to:

Revelation 21:8
"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Upvote 0
T

Tariki

Kira Faye.........

From the concordance to my own Bible, under "Witchcraft Forbidden"....

Exodus 22:18
Leviticus 19:26, 31 and 20:6, 27
Deuteronomy 18:10
Micah 5:12
Malachi 3:5
Galations 5:20
Revelation 21:8 and 22:15

Hope this helps.

By the way, you may find the following novel interesting........."Confessions of a Pagan Nun" by Kate Horsley. It is about a lady raised as a pagan in 6th century Ireland who is compelled to enter a monastery and copy out a lot of Christian writings - Augustine, St Patrick etc. Yet she continues to write of her pagan youth.........

:wave:

Upvote 0

nami

Aug 25, 2003
✟141.00
I don't know exactly what God meant when He said not to utilize witchcraft. What witchcraft means is 'to know'.
It is up to any person who 'knows' anything, which are gifts in themselves of a reality God created, to use that which is God given for good or evil. If you look at witchcraft as mere science and orientation/manipulation of such, it is like learning anything else in life. I don't know,and please indeed correct me if I am wrong;that God meant that 'knowing' something that is of His own creation is wrong or evil. It is what was implied in 'using' such gifts that matters. So, if one is a devout Christian, and develops 'powers' or understandings of simply natural elements, God could use that individual for good purposes somehow. However He chose. It could be healing, or prophet, or anything one could or can't imagine. I don't know exactly what God meant by what He said. I understand He doesn't want people to manipulate another's Will. Out of respect to them and God. Yet there is an actual science to this phenomenon that many people have sight into and abilities. What then is wrong in using such given abilities for good? I would like to know other' s opinions and reasons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heathen Dawn

Gesta Dei per Francos
Aug 13, 2003
Israel
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
bigfws said:
Kira Faye: I wish you would not fall into that trap,

Kira Faye: I wish you would not fall into the trap of Christianity.

witch craft in any form is going to be wrong.

Christianity in any form is going to be wrong.

That is just like the supporters of homosexuality saying that since it isn't specifically mentioned in the new tastament that it cant possibly be wrong in this day and time.

Christianity is a religion of bribe and blackmail: heaven if you go by its rules, hell if you don't. It's beneath human dignity to succumb to bribe and blackmail, no matter its source. Keep being a Wiccan, you're on the right path. Christians aren't going to hell for being on the wrong path, but look what they're doing to humanity.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟30,452.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe the verse you are refering too "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" changed the word poisener to witch. There is plenty of condemnation of worshiping other gods, astrology, sorcery, divination, and communicating with the dead however so if your friend does his homework he'll have no problem finding "official" condemnation of witchcraft.

Kira Faye said:
Ok I know this is a christian board and all and I am nto christian etc.... but anyway I am wiccan and I was looking for some answers...ok I know in the bible it says whom ever does witch craft goes to hell etc....(Can someoen find me that passage so I can look it up in my bible) Anyway I am havign a debate with a friend that, that particular qoute would be considered inaccurate because it gives a false portray of witch craft and is in-accurte...come some give me some evidence on the passage etc....? Thanks bunch :help: :wave: ;)

Upvote 0

TWells

Mar 1, 2003
TN
✟737.00
Faith
Other Religion
Heathen Dawn said:
Christianity is a religion of bribe and blackmail: heaven if you go by its rules, hell if you don't. It's beneath human dignity to succumb to bribe and blackmail, no matter its source. Keep being a Wiccan, you're on the right path. Christians aren't going to hell for being on the wrong path, but look what they're doing to humanity.

Look closely kids....this is called a STRAWMAN......

strawman.jpg

Upvote 0
B

bigfws

Kira Faye: The Bible takes a clear stance on this subject and strongly denounces these practices. They are part of satan's strategy of evil tricks, and deception designed to lead us astray. Satan and his demons are real beings, set on our distruction. God told the israelites, " When you come into the land which the Lord your Godis giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found amoung you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire ( ancient occult practice) or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interperts omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord". Deuteronomy 18: 9-12. Kira I hope this helped a little bit, Don't let someone who doesn't care about eternity drag you down also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kira Faye

Spiritualist Witch
Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
✟1,172.00
Faith
Pagan
Thanks that was more the passage I was lookign for..something that wasn't 'changed' to witch craft with dodge translation. As for falling in to the trap as mentioned before.....I am happy where I am for I have found peace.....takign that away form me would a be a sin...witchcraft was before christianity and its still thriving with many positives....I am happy and that shoudl be good enough for god that I love the world that was created and I love my fellow man and myself

Upvote 0

ByGrace

Jul 18, 2003
Salt Lake City
✟1,928.00
Faith
Christian
Kira, your post makes me sad. I can tell that you are someone who is very interested in her soul and the world around us and that as far as humans go, you sound like one of the better ones. The only problem is that we are not going to be compared to our neighbor or the serial killer next door. We are to be perfect and since we are not, Jesus died for us that we could be perfect. While those things that you stand for may be good as far as humans are concerned, they dont hold water with God. All He asks is that you believe and accept a wonderful gift He has for you. Search more Kira. God wants you to live forever with Him. Please dont regret this day for eternity. You can be glorified above the stars one day. Good luck and may God richly bless you with His presence.

Upvote 0
bigfws said:
Kira Faye: I wish you would not fall into that trap, witch craft in any form is going to be wrong. That is just like the supporters of homosexuality saying that since it isn't specifically mentioned in the new tastament that it cant possibly be wrong in this day and time. I will research this for you.

The NT DOES speak against homosexuality and sorcery. This is a fact. Do you want the verses?

Upvote 0

supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Heathen Dawn said:

Sounds like you're a little misinformed and bitter about Christianity and taking this out on Christians.

Interesting though...what exactly are Christians doing to humanity? And what are these rules?

Christianity is actually the only religion where you don't physically have to do anything. There are no guidelines besides allowing yourself to be saved. As you grow, for the love of a God who saved you, the rest follows. But none of us are perfect nor are we claiming to be.

What's sad is culture portrays Christians as finger-shaking do-gooders who shame the sinners who are going to Hell. We're all in the same boat.

Kira Faye, if you profess Christianity I'm not going to condemn you. I would suggest, however, that you pray (nothing extra, just talk to God) about your decisions. If you've asked Jesus to save you, then you've been washed clean by His blood. I know by a little experience, however, that witchcraft can be dangerous for Christians, and that's what worries me. You could be messing with a lot of stuff that's bigger than you, and it's not always wise. As you grow, you might just find it's not that important to you anymore. Read up on what the Bible has to say, not just looking it up in your concordance, but by studying the Word of your Lord.

God Bless,
-Supermag

Upvote 0