✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am SO HAPPY that I am not a Catholic!
I am glad you are happy. I am happy I am Catholic. I am happy Christ chose me to be His. I find comfort in the rigor Christ calls us to.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
None of which come from any authoritative source, I would wager....

I don't wager; but how do you define an authoritative source?

Does a Cardinal have no authority?

Should we dismiss the Catholic Mirror as sensationalism?

Should we dismiss The Converts Catechism of Catholic Doctrine as fiction?

If the answers to these questions are No, Yes, and Yes; I will look to my notes for a more authoritative source, after you define what constitutes an authoritative source.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

If the answers to these questions are No, Yes, and Yes; I will look to my notes for a more authoritative source, after you define what constitutes an authoritative source.

Seems it is only official if it comes from the Pope. According to the teachings of the RCC he is infallible.

Upvote 0

clefty

Sep 17, 2020
Chattanooga
✟16,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jesse,

Thanks for addressing this question. If you keep Gods seventh day Sabbath commandment from the 10 commandments then we have no argument. As posted earlier, your one of the very few people from any Sunday keeping Church's that I know that does so and not making up excuses not to if what you say is true. May I ask you why you practice Sabbath keeping when the Roman Catholic Church and other non Sabbath keeping Church's teach the Sabbath is replaced by Sunday keeping and if your Church teaches that the Sabbath commandment of the 10 commandments is replaced now by Sunday why do you keep the Sabbath? Aren't you better off worshiping with those of like faith?

Thanks for sharing your view.

The Sabbath has been "transferred" to Sunday is another wording I have seen and by tradition of course from their authority to do so.

And thus the moral law is now still binding to all men but its application is varied:

1957 "Application of the natural law varies greatly; it can demand reflection that takes account of various conditions of life according to places, times, and circumstances. Nevertheless, in the diversity of cultures, the natural law remains as a rule that binds men among themselves and imposes on them, beyond the inevitable differences, common principles."

Catechism of the Catholic Church - The moral law

This varied application leaves room for homosexuality as its culture is quite diverse as well...and MUST argue for this varied application and/or abolishment

BTW-- worshipping on the Sabbath is NOT the same as resting on the Sabbath...many hide themselves behind a morning power hour of praise and then the remainder of the day as if it were NOT still Holy...

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Cardinals have authority when they are in communion with the Pope and the other bishops. I don't know that a cardinal from the late 19th century would qualify today.
I would say the same about the Catholic Mirror. The Convert's Catechism actually shows that the Sabbath is Saturday and we worship Christ on Sunday, so I'm not sure what your "AHA!" is there.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Seems it is only official if it comes from the Pope. According to the teachings of the RCC he is infallible.

I don't want to make inferences about what Jesse believes. I'll wait for his answer.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What does "infallible" mean, in the context provided? No, it's not only official if it comes from the Pope.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't see where that says anything about our Sunday worship replacing the Sabbath. 2175 explicitly states "SUNDAY IS EXPRESSLY DISTINGUISHED FROM THE SABBATH WHICH IT FOLLOWS CHRONOLOGICALLY EVERY WEEK; FOR CHRISTIANS ITS CEREMONIAL OBSERVANCE REPLACES THAT OF THE SABBATH." This only speaks of the ceremonial obsevance, worship. The commandment does not say we must worship on the Sabbath, it says we must keep it holy by not doing servile labor, and not requiring others to do so either.

Just adding back the parts your leaving out that disagree with your post here (the full posts being in post # 449 and post # 450...

Catechism of the Catholic Church
Catechism of the Catholic Church - The third commandment

SUNDAY - FULFILLMENT OF THE SABBATH

2175 SUNDAY IS EXPRESSLY DISTINGUISHED FROM THE SABBATH WHICH IT FOLLOWS CHRONOLOGICALLY EVERY WEEK; FOR CHRISTIANS ITS CEREMONIAL OBSERVANCE REPLACES THAT OF THE SABBATH. In Christ's Passover, Sunday fulfills the spiritual truth of the Jewish sabbath and announces man's eternal rest in God. For worship under the Law prepared for the mystery of Christ, and what was done there prefigured some aspects of Christ:107

Those who lived according to the old order of things have come to a new hope, NO LONGER KEEPING THE SABBATH, BUT THE LORD'S DAY, in which our life is blessed by him and by his death.108

2176 THE CELEBRATION OF SUNDAY OBSERVES THE MORAL COMMANDMENT INSCRIBED BY NATURE IN THE HUMAN HEART TO RENDER TO GOD AN OUTWARD, VISIBLE, PUBLIC, AND REGULAR WORSHIP "AS A SIGN OF HIS UNIVERSAL BENEFICENCE TO ALL."109 SUNDAY WORSHIP FULFILLS THE MORAL COMMAND OF THE OLD COVENANT, TAKING UP ITS RHYTHM AND SPIRIT IN THE WEEKLY CELEBRATION OF THE CREATOR AND REDEEMER OF HIS PEOPLE.

The Sunday Eucharist

2177 The Sunday celebration of the Lord's Day and his Eucharist is at the heart of the Church's life. "Sunday is the day on which the paschal mystery is celebrated in light of the apostolic tradition and is to be observed as the FOREMOST HOLY DAY OF OBLIGATION IN THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH."110……

A DAY OF GRACE AND REST FROM WORK

2184 JUST AS GOD "RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORK WHICH HE HAD DONE,"121 HUMAN LIFE HAS A RHYTHM OF WORK AND REST. THE INSTITUTION OF THE LORD'S DAY HELPS EVERYONE ENJOY ADEQUATE REST AND LEISURE TO CULTIVATE THEIR FAMILIAL, CULTURAL, SOCIAL, AND RELIGIOUS LIVES.122

2185 On Sundays and other holy days of obligation (note this is not a reference to the Sabbath see next post for the Catholic definition of holy days of obligation), the faithful are to refrain from engaging in work or activities that hinder the worship owed to God, the joy proper to the Lord's Day, the performance of the works of mercy, and the appropriate relaxation of mind and body.123 Family needs or important social service can legitimately excuse from the obligation of Sunday rest. The faithful should see to it that legitimate excuses do not lead to habits prejudicial to religion, family life, and health.

The charity of truth seeks holy leisure- the necessity of charity accepts just work.124

2186 Those Christians who have leisure should be mindful of their brethren who have the same needs and the same rights, yet cannot rest from work because of poverty and misery. Sunday is traditionally consecrated by Christian piety to good works and humble service of the sick, the infirm, and the elderly. Christians will also sanctify Sunday by devoting time and care to their families and relatives, often difficult to do on other days of the week. Sunday is a time for reflection, silence, cultivation of the mind, and meditation which furthers the growth of the Christian interior life.

2187 Sanctifying Sundays and holy days requires a common effort. Every Christian should avoid making unnecessary demands on others that would hinder them from observing the Lord's Day. Traditional activities (sport, restaurants, etc.), and social necessities (public services, etc.), require some people to work on Sundays, but everyone should still take care to set aside sufficient time for leisure. With temperance and charity the faithful will see to it that they avoid the excesses and violence sometimes associated with popular leisure activities. In spite of economic constraints, public authorities should ensure citizens a time intended for rest and divine worship. Employers have a similar obligation toward their employees.

2188 In respecting religious liberty and the common good of all, Christians should seek recognition of Sundays and the Church's holy days as legal holidays. They have to give everyone a public example of prayer, respect, and joy and defend their traditions as a precious contribution to the spiritual life of society. If a country's legislation or other reasons require work on Sunday, the day should nevertheless be lived as the day of our deliverance which lets us share in this "festal gathering," this "assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven."125

IN BRIEF

2189 "Observe the sabbath day, to keep it holy" (Deut 5:12). "The seventh day is a sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord" (Ex 31:15).

2190 THE SABBATH, WHICH REPRESENTED THE COMPLETION OF THE FIRST CREATION, HAS BEEN REPLACED BY SUNDAY WHICH RECALLS THE NEW CREATION INAUGURATED BY THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST.

2191 The Church celebrates the day of Christ's Resurrection on the "eighth day," Sunday, which is rightly called the Lord's Day (cf. SC 106).

2192 "SUNDAY . . . IS TO BE OBSERVED AS THE FOREMOST HOLY DAY OF OBLIGATION (see next post on the definition of what that Holy days of obligation are) IN THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH" (CIC, can. 1246 § 1). "On Sundays and other holy days of obligation the faithful are bound to participate in the Mass" (CIC, can. 1247).

2193 "ON SUNDAYS AND OTHER HOLY DAYS OF OBLIGATION (see next post on the definition of what that Holy days of obligation are) THE FAITHFUL ARE BOUND . . . TO ABSTAIN FROM THOSE LABORS AND BUSINESS CONCERNS WHICH IMPEDE THE WORSHIP TO BE RENDERED TO GOD, THE JOY WHICH IS PROPER TO THE LORD'S DAY, OR THE PROPER RELAXATION OF MIND AND BODY" (CIC, can. 1247).

2194 The institution of Sunday helps all "to be allowed sufficient rest and leisure to cultivate their amilial, cultural, social, and religious lives" (GS 67 § 3).

2195 Every Christian should avoid making unnecessary demands on others that would hinder them from observing the Lord's Day.

90 Ex 20:8-10; cf. Deut 5:12-15.
91 Mk 2:27-28.
92 Ex 31:15.
93 Ex 20:11.
94 Deut 5:15.
95 Cf. Ex 31:16.
96 Ex 31:17; cf. 23:12.
97 Cf. Neh 13:15-22; 2 Chr 36:21.
98 Cf. Mk 1:21; Jn 9:16.
99 Mk 2:27.
100 Cf. Mk 3:4.
101 Cf. Mt 12:5; Jn 7:23.
102 Mk 2:28.
103 Ps 118:24.
104 Cf. Mt 28:1; Mk 16:2; Lk 24:1; Jn 20:1.
105 Cf. Mk 16:1; Mt 28:1.
106 St. Justin, I Apol. 67G 6,429 and 432.
107 Cf. 1 Cor 10:11.
108 St. Ignatius of Antioch, Ad Magn. 9,1:SCh 10,88.
109 St. Thomas Aquinas, STh II-II,122,4.
110 CIC, can. 1246 § 1.
111 CIC, can. 1246 § 2: "The conference of bishops can abolish certain holy days of obligation or transfer them to a Sunday with prior approval of the Apostolic See."
112 Cf. Acts 2:42-46; 1 Cor 11:17.
113 Heb 10:25.
114 Sermo de die dominica 2 et 6G 86/1,416C and 421C.
115 CIC, can. 515 § 1.
116 St. John Chrysostom, De incomprehensibili 3,6G 48,725.
117 CIC, can. 1247.
118 CIC, can. 1248 § 1.
119 Cf. CIC, can. 1245.
120 CIC, can. 1248 § 2.
121 Gen 2:2.
122 Cf. GS 67 § 3.
123 Cf. CIC, can. 120.
124 St. Augustine, De civ. Dei 19,19L 41,647.
125 Heb 12:22-23.

Yep, seems it is not saying what you are claiming here. According to the Catechism and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church SUNDAY REPLACES GOD'S SABBATH commandment of the 10 commandments.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Sabbath has been "transferred" to Sunday is another wording I have seen and by tradition of course from their authority to do so.
Don't really care about how it's worded. What does it mean. Sabbath is the day God rested from creation of the universe. We commemorate that on Saturday. We worship Jesus' sacrifice on the cross on Sunday.
And thus the moral law is now still binding to all men but its application is varied:

1957 "Application of the natural law varies greatly; it can demand reflection that takes account of various conditions of life according to places, times, and circumstances. Nevertheless, in the diversity of cultures, the natural law remains as a rule that binds men among themselves and imposes on them, beyond the inevitable differences, common principles."

This varied application leaves room for homosexuality as its culture is quite diverse as well...and MUST argue for this varied application and/or abolishment
There is no varied law about homosexuality. All sex is sinful outside of marriage, which is between a man and a woman.
BTW-- worshipping on the Sabbath is NOT the same as resting on the Sabbath...many hide themselves behind a morning power hour of praise and then the remainder of the day as if it were NOT still Holy...
You're right about that.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Just adding back the parts your leaving out that disagree with your post here (the full posts being in post # 449 and post # 450...

Catechism of the Catholic Church
Catechism of the Catholic Church - The third commandment

SUNDAY - FULFILLMENT OF THE SABBATH

2175 SUNDAY IS EXPRESSLY DISTINGUISHED FROM THE SABBATH WHICH IT FOLLOWS CHRONOLOGICALLY EVERY WEEK; FOR CHRISTIANS ITS CEREMONIAL OBSERVANCE REPLACES THAT OF THE SABBATH. In Christ's Passover, Sunday fulfills the spiritual truth of the Jewish sabbath and announces man's eternal rest in God. For worship under the Law prepared for the mystery of Christ, and what was done there prefigured some aspects of Christ:107

Those who lived according to the old order of things have come to a new hope, NO LONGER KEEPING THE SABBATH, BUT THE LORD'S DAY, in which our life is blessed by him and by his death.108

2176 THE CELEBRATION OF SUNDAY OBSERVES THE MORAL COMMANDMENT INSCRIBED BY NATURE IN THE HUMAN HEART TO RENDER TO GOD AN OUTWARD, VISIBLE, PUBLIC, AND REGULAR WORSHIP "AS A SIGN OF HIS UNIVERSAL BENEFICENCE TO ALL."109 SUNDAY WORSHIP FULFILLS THE MORAL COMMAND OF THE OLD COVENANT, TAKING UP ITS RHYTHM AND SPIRIT IN THE WEEKLY CELEBRATION OF THE CREATOR AND REDEEMER OF HIS PEOPLE.

The Sunday Eucharist

2177 The Sunday celebration of the Lord's Day and his Eucharist is at the heart of the Church's life. "Sunday is the day on which the paschal mystery is celebrated in light of the apostolic tradition and is to be observed as the FOREMOST HOLY DAY OF OBLIGATION IN THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH."110……

A DAY OF GRACE AND REST FROM WORK

2184 JUST AS GOD "RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORK WHICH HE HAD DONE,"121 HUMAN LIFE HAS A RHYTHM OF WORK AND REST. THE INSTITUTION OF THE LORD'S DAY HELPS EVERYONE ENJOY ADEQUATE REST AND LEISURE TO CULTIVATE THEIR FAMILIAL, CULTURAL, SOCIAL, AND RELIGIOUS LIVES.122

2185 On Sundays and other holy days of obligation (note this is not a reference to the Sabbath see next post for the Catholic definition of holy days of obligation), the faithful are to refrain from engaging in work or activities that hinder the worship owed to God, the joy proper to the Lord's Day, the performance of the works of mercy, and the appropriate relaxation of mind and body.123 Family needs or important social service can legitimately excuse from the obligation of Sunday rest. The faithful should see to it that legitimate excuses do not lead to habits prejudicial to religion, family life, and health.

The charity of truth seeks holy leisure- the necessity of charity accepts just work.124

2186 Those Christians who have leisure should be mindful of their brethren who have the same needs and the same rights, yet cannot rest from work because of poverty and misery. Sunday is traditionally consecrated by Christian piety to good works and humble service of the sick, the infirm, and the elderly. Christians will also sanctify Sunday by devoting time and care to their families and relatives, often difficult to do on other days of the week. Sunday is a time for reflection, silence, cultivation of the mind, and meditation which furthers the growth of the Christian interior life.

2187 Sanctifying Sundays and holy days requires a common effort. Every Christian should avoid making unnecessary demands on others that would hinder them from observing the Lord's Day. Traditional activities (sport, restaurants, etc.), and social necessities (public services, etc.), require some people to work on Sundays, but everyone should still take care to set aside sufficient time for leisure. With temperance and charity the faithful will see to it that they avoid the excesses and violence sometimes associated with popular leisure activities. In spite of economic constraints, public authorities should ensure citizens a time intended for rest and divine worship. Employers have a similar obligation toward their employees.

2188 In respecting religious liberty and the common good of all, Christians should seek recognition of Sundays and the Church's holy days as legal holidays. They have to give everyone a public example of prayer, respect, and joy and defend their traditions as a precious contribution to the spiritual life of society. If a country's legislation or other reasons require work on Sunday, the day should nevertheless be lived as the day of our deliverance which lets us share in this "festal gathering," this "assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven."125

IN BRIEF

2189 "Observe the sabbath day, to keep it holy" (Deut 5:12). "The seventh day is a sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord" (Ex 31:15).

2190 THE SABBATH, WHICH REPRESENTED THE COMPLETION OF THE FIRST CREATION, HAS BEEN REPLACED BY SUNDAY WHICH RECALLS THE NEW CREATION INAUGURATED BY THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST.

2191 The Church celebrates the day of Christ's Resurrection on the "eighth day," Sunday, which is rightly called the Lord's Day (cf. SC 106).

2192 "SUNDAY . . . IS TO BE OBSERVED AS THE FOREMOST HOLY DAY OF OBLIGATION (see next post on the definition of what that Holy days of obligation are) IN THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH" (CIC, can. 1246 § 1). "On Sundays and other holy days of obligation the faithful are bound to participate in the Mass" (CIC, can. 1247).

2193 "ON SUNDAYS AND OTHER HOLY DAYS OF OBLIGATION (see next post on the definition of what that Holy days of obligation are) THE FAITHFUL ARE BOUND . . . TO ABSTAIN FROM THOSE LABORS AND BUSINESS CONCERNS WHICH IMPEDE THE WORSHIP TO BE RENDERED TO GOD, THE JOY WHICH IS PROPER TO THE LORD'S DAY, OR THE PROPER RELAXATION OF MIND AND BODY" (CIC, can. 1247).

2194 The institution of Sunday helps all "to be allowed sufficient rest and leisure to cultivate their amilial, cultural, social, and religious lives" (GS 67 § 3).

2195 Every Christian should avoid making unnecessary demands on others that would hinder them from observing the Lord's Day.

90 Ex 20:8-10; cf. Deut 5:12-15.
91 Mk 2:27-28.
92 Ex 31:15.
93 Ex 20:11.
94 Deut 5:15.
95 Cf. Ex 31:16.
96 Ex 31:17; cf. 23:12.
97 Cf. Neh 13:15-22; 2 Chr 36:21.
98 Cf. Mk 1:21; Jn 9:16.
99 Mk 2:27.
100 Cf. Mk 3:4.
101 Cf. Mt 12:5; Jn 7:23.
102 Mk 2:28.
103 Ps 118:24.
104 Cf. Mt 28:1; Mk 16:2; Lk 24:1; Jn 20:1.
105 Cf. Mk 16:1; Mt 28:1.
106 St. Justin, I Apol. 67G 6,429 and 432.
107 Cf. 1 Cor 10:11.
108 St. Ignatius of Antioch, Ad Magn. 9,1:SCh 10,88.
109 St. Thomas Aquinas, STh II-II,122,4.
110 CIC, can. 1246 § 1.
111 CIC, can. 1246 § 2: "The conference of bishops can abolish certain holy days of obligation or transfer them to a Sunday with prior approval of the Apostolic See."
112 Cf. Acts 2:42-46; 1 Cor 11:17.
113 Heb 10:25.
114 Sermo de die dominica 2 et 6G 86/1,416C and 421C.
115 CIC, can. 515 § 1.
116 St. John Chrysostom, De incomprehensibili 3,6G 48,725.
117 CIC, can. 1247.
118 CIC, can. 1248 § 1.
119 Cf. CIC, can. 1245.
120 CIC, can. 1248 § 2.
121 Gen 2:2.
122 Cf. GS 67 § 3.
123 Cf. CIC, can. 120.
124 St. Augustine, De civ. Dei 19,19L 41,647.
125 Heb 12:22-23.

Yep, seems it is not saying what you are claiming here. According to the Catechism and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church SUNDAY REPLACES GOD'S SABBATH commandment of the 10 commandments.

Hope this helps
None of this says that we changed the Sabbath to Sunday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Don't really care about how it's worded. What does it mean. Sabbath is the day God rested from creation of the universe. We commemorate that on Saturday. We worship Jesus' sacrifice on the cross on Sunday.There is no varied law about homosexuality. All sex is sinful outside of marriage, which is between a man and a woman.You're right about that.

That is good if you keep Gods Sabbath commandment JESSE, though that is not a teaching of the Roman Catholic Church as proven in post # 449 and post # 450..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Cardinals have authority when they are in communion with the Pope and the other bishops. I don't know that a cardinal from the late 19th century would qualify today.
I would say the same about the Catholic Mirror. The Convert's Catechism actually shows that the Sabbath is Saturday and we worship Christ on Sunday, so I'm not sure what your "AHA!" is there.

If the Cardinal had authority when he wrote what he wrote; why would that not stand as authoritative?

There is no "AHA!" I'm just trying to nail down your definition of authoritative. Once I understand that definition; I can give you an informed response.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
None of this says that we changed the Sabbath to Sunday.
It was not posted to show that the Church changed the Sabbath to Sunday. It was posted to show that the Church teaches that the Sabbath is changed to Sunday and is doctrine in the Roman Catholic Church. It is there for everyone else to see that may be interested and the full posts have already been provided for all to see in post # 449 and post # 450. The change of God's Sabbath commandment started with the Roman Emperor Constantine. The Church only followed what Constantine started in fulfillment of Daniel 7:25.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Hi Clefty, welcome to CF and thanks for joining us here. :)

Good start to your time at CF with a winner on your very first post. You raised some good points here in that worshiping not being the same as resting which is a requirement of God's Sabbath commandment although we also worship God on this day and of course no one worships God according to the scriptures by not doing what he says *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Thanks for sharing your thoughts here.

God bless

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yep, seems it is not saying what you are claiming here. According to the Catechism and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church SUNDAY REPLACES GOD'S SABBATH commandment of the 10 commandments.Hope this helps
Gentiles were never commanded to keep Shabbos. Most of us are Gentiles. We worship on the Lord's Day, the first day of the week. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is good if you keep Gods Sabbath commandment JESSE, though that is not a teaching of the Roman Catholic Church.
My people were never commanded to keep the Sabbath, but thanks for your concern.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The change started with the Roman Emperor Constantine. The Church only followed what Constantine started in fulfillment of Daniel 7:25.
Hand made "history". Always comes to that, doesn't it? I don't suppose you're a 9/11 "truther" as well, are you?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you keep God's 4th commandment according to the scriptures?
I don't. My people were never commanded to keep the Sabbath. I still make graven images as well, and often post them on Facebook, which I'm sure you never do, right? Anyway, here's my response to every Sabbatarian sophistry:

"16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. "

End of.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That is good if you keep Gods Sabbath commandment JESSE, though that is not a teaching of the Roman Catholic Church.
Sorry, but it is exactly what the Roman Catholic Church teaches.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If the Cardinal had authority when he wrote what he wrote; why would that not stand as authoritative?

There is no "AHA!" I'm just trying to nail down your definition of authoritative. Once I understand that definition; I can give you an informed response.
If it agrees with the teaching of the Church, it is authoritative. This includes any author from St. Augustine to Richard Rohr. Also, we have to be talking about something doctrinal. Mass on Sunday is such a thing. As Jipsah has said, I don't know that we're obligated to Sabbath rest, though I do, where possible, follow it. But the commandment doesn't say to worship God on the Sabbath. In fact, it used to be that Jews worshiped by going to the temple. In Jerusalem. When that temple was destroyed, there was no more place to worship. Synagogues are places of study, not worship.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.