WHY THERE ARE NOT NOR CAN BE APOSTLES TODAY !!

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It adds to the discussion because it shows how laughable it is that some think anyone can pick up a book and all of a sudden is a Greek and biblical scholar.
I'm not a Greek scholar, but I do know what Paul said to the Ephesian Church - Eph 4:32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟275,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not a Greek scholar, but I do know what Paul said to the Ephesian Church - Eph 4:32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
Neither am I. And I would never pretend to be one, even if I had a Greek lexicon at my fingertips.

Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

WHY THERE ARE NOT NOR CAN BE APOSTLES TODAY !!

That would be the equivelant of no one is reconciled through Christ.
Paul was NOT with Christ in the FLESH nor was he an EYEWITNESS of the RESURRECTION. PERIOD
y'all are a hot mess.

Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. Rom 6:4
Through Him we have received grace and apostleship...Rom 1:5-6

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Neither am I. And I would never pretend to be one, even if I had a Greek lexicon at my fingertips.

Indeed. I think our friend @Der Alte has some bona fides in this respect as like some clergy he was blessed with formal Greek training in seminary, although I would note even here that the well-educated clergyman is not themselves a Greek scholar, because the Greek language is complex and the legitimate scholars of that language are above and beyond the capabilities of most. There was a genuine Aramaic Scholar on ChristianForums, @SteveCaruso , but he hasn’t posted anything since before I joined the forum, to my disappointment. I suppose he got tired of refuting the nonsensical assertions people routinely make about the Aramaic dialects (for example, some people think the West Syriac name “Isho” was the original pronounciation of the name of our Lord, but the West Syriac accent hadn’t dropped down from seven to five vowells until at least the sixth century, if I recall, and even then we find Syriac Orthodox literature implying the use of the seven vowels even in recent centuries, which are retained in the East Syriac accents and by the modern day Neo-Assyrian Eastern Neo-Aramaic dialect spoken by the ethnic Assyrians of the Church of the East, who use the East Syriac accent as a ltiurgical language.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed. I think our friend @Der Alte has some bona fides in this respect as like some clergy he was blessed with formal Greek training in seminary, although I would note even here that the well-educated clergyman is not themselves a Greek scholar, because the Greek language is complex and the legitimate scholars of that language are above and beyond the capabilities of most. There was a genuine Aramaic Scholar on ChristianForums, @SteveCaruso , but he hasn’t posted anything since before I joined the forum, to my disappointment. I suppose he got tired of refuting the nonsensical assertions people routinely make about the Aramaic dialects (for example, some people think the West Syriac name “Isho” was the original pronounciation of the name of our Lord, but the West Syriac accent hadn’t dropped down from seven to five vowells until at least the sixth century, if I recall, and even then we find Syriac Orthodox literature implying the use of the seven vowels even in recent centuries, which are retained in the East Syriac accents and by the modern day Neo-Assyrian Eastern Neo-Aramaic dialect spoken by the ethnic Assyrians of the Church of the East, who use the East Syriac accent as a ltiurgical language.
There are few Greek scholars that I read and too are Robert C Brock and E W Bullinger and A MANUEL GRAMMAR OF THE GREEK NE TESTAMENT by DANA and MANTEY .

But there is 2 others called BLUE LETTER BIBLE and BIBLE HUB .

And all apostles , whether the 12 under the Law and even under GRACE are all selected by Christ Eph 4:11 .

dan p

Upvote 0

VanlifeSam

Mar 10, 2024
Taiwan
✟1,242.00
Country
Taiwan
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Acts 1:16- 22 explains why there are no so-called apostles today !

#1 In verse 21 Which HAVE COMPANIED // SYERCHOMEI is in the PAST TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE , PARTICIPLE

#2 WITH US // HEMIN , is a Personal Possessive Pronoun , in the Dative Case , in the Plural
I'm sorry to break it to you, but sharing the grammatical information about each word in a sentence doesn't really make for a logical and cohesive argument regarding the meaning of either the Biblical Greek or the English. The Greek itself neither supports or refutes your contention.
I can't help but wonder why someone would think sharing grammatical information about a verse would support their theological interpretation of a sentence. Perhaps I am missing something, I wonder if you can share why you think the grammatical information here supports your contention?

• Agree
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,450.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Apostle is basically a ranking making it common to prophets and disciples. Prophets are those supernatually called while disciples are naturally called when God the Son is still on earth. The common ranking for both is Apostle, where the twelve are natually called while Paul is supernatually called.

It's God's business so we humans can't tell who to be sent, and in what way.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry to break it to you, but sharing the grammatical information about each word in a sentence doesn't really make for a logical and cohesive argument regarding the meaning of either the Biblical Greek or the English. The Greek itself neither supports or refutes your contention.
I can't help but wonder why someone would think sharing grammatical information about a verse would support their theological interpretation of a sentence. Perhaps I am missing something, I wonder if you can share why you think the grammatical information here supports your contention?
I say that is disagreement EVEN among Greek Scholars and if you use the BLUE LETTER BIBLE or BIBLE HUB , you check about 20 some translation , and use will see the different translation ,

And they will give the GREEK , Tenses , Cases , voices , Moods , so do not give up .

And the biggest MISTAKE is CONTEXT and who is that verse , talking to , Israel or to the BODY OF CHRIST .

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Was Paul an apostle? Apostle simply means one who is sent.
Absolutely. Right off the top of my head.

The 12 were Apostles of the Lamb
The 70 others in Luke’s Gospels were apostles sent, just like the 12
Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles
Barnabus was called and Apostle in Scripture

That is 84 people who were Apostles in Scripture

Then there is the Apostle Paul’s writing to the Church in Corinth and again to the Church in Ephesus showing the Apostle as gifts to the church. As well as Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Absolutely. Right off the top of my head.

The 12 were Apostles of the Lamb
The 70 others in Luke’s Gospels were apostles sent, just like the 12
Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles
Barnabus was called and Apostle in Scripture

That is 84 people who were Apostles in Scripture

Then there is the Apostle Paul’s writing to the Church in Corinth and again to the Church in Ephesus showing the Apostle as gifts to the church. As well as Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers.
Absolutely!

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Cor 15:5-9 says who are those who who were eye witness of Christ RESURRECTION .
“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.” Mark 9:1-9

Blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. Matthew 13:16

Ears that hear and eyes that see— the Lord has made them both. Prov 20:12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And did I say I was a Greek Scholar , and I am giggling that you say that I pretend to be one OR anyone can check from BLUE LETTER BIBLE or from BIBLE HUB and check any Greek word that I have written and Have VINE'S GREEK DICTIONARY and also STRONG'S GREEK DICTIONARY and also have a MANUEL GRAMMER OF THE GREEK NEW TYESTAMENT by Dana and Mantey

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And did I say I was a Greek Scholar , and I am giggling that you say that I pretend to be one OR anyone can check from BLUE LETTER BIBLE or from BIBLE HUB and check any Greek word that I have written and Have VINE'S GREEK DICTIONARY and also STRONG'S GREEK DICTIONARY and also have a MANUEL GRAMMER OF THE GREEK NEW TYESTAMENT by Dana and Mantey

dan p
I note that you do not address any of the counter points offered - is this designed as a topic of conversation or just pontificating a point you believe as true?

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟275,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

dan p
"I didn't say you stole money"

What does this sentence mean?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And if I use the actual Greek words , then all can check the Greek text is true and shows the Tense , Moods , and Cases and I also am sorry to also break it to you .

Can you find the Greek word for PURGATORY , NO .

Can you find the Greek word for CHURCH , NO as the Greek word is EKKLESIA and it means EK means out of and klesis , is a calling and Israel was called and ASSEMBLY

There is no Greek word for POPE .

dan p

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I note that you do not address any of the counter points offered - is this designed as a topic of conversation or just pontificating a point you believe as true?
evidently this is not a debate nor discussion.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no Greek word for POPE .
According to wiki the word pope is derived from the Greek πάππας (páppas) meaning "father", referring to a bishop or patriarch.

However, according to Scripture, To them [Israel] belong the patriarchs, from them is the Christ, Who is exalted and supreme over all, God, blessed forever!

Now I say that Jesus Christ became a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs.

And you are heirs of the covenant God made with the patriarchs. He said to Abraham, ‘Through your Seed all peoples on earth will be blessed." Acts 3:25-26

Last edited:
Upvote 0