member since 7-14-16
Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
✟32,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is something I've been thinking about. I've been saved for 6 years ...but I had a bad church experience ..however at least while I was there I was able to do somethings like help at a soup kitchen and plan our next outreach stuff..but I left bc of the disrespect... Sometimes I just want to crawl back because even though I wasn't being treated right..at least I was being useful and doing something. I loved doing that and it gave my life meaning...

Now I'm just sitting here... ( no I cat volunteer or anything until I get my license which is what I'm working on) like I don't really pray...because its just me praying and I don't hear God at all...I just wonder why? Why the silence...why am I not being used? Why am I just sitting here?

It would be perfect for me to devout my life to God bc I have no husband or friends to get in the way ( I would be a nun but I don't like closed spaces and I know that's not my calling) but God doesn't speak back, and I don't know why.... I'm willing... But I'm starting to lose hope....

And if you're wondering yes, I've been baptised in water and the holy spirit...so I don't know why God is so far away and so behind the scenes in my lifw,,, I justdont know...

It makes me feel bad and it makes me wonder if he likes me at all ...old just feeling down.
Are you wanting to hear an audible voice? God, in Isaiah 40:2 admonishes the prophet to speak kindly to His people. In verse 1 it indicates that speaking kindly is to comfort and / or encourage. So, in doing so, the words go directly to their heart.

The meaning of that indicates that God in, by, and through His word speaks to our hearts, our innerman on the inside.

The scripture, Proverbs 20:27 also states that the spirit of man is the lamp of the Lord. Which also indicates that God speaks from within our heart. That light, Ps.119:130, that gives us understanding. That light, Ps.18:28, to illumine (to know) our darkness (not knowing) something about God.

God has given us His word so that we can know. He has given us His word so that we can eat it (by reading, and thinking about it, and by speaking it). His word to be like a reservoir in our hearts for us to draw out at any time.

Proverbs 22:17-19 "Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, and apply your mind to my knowledge; for it will be pleasant if you keep them withing you, that they may be ready on your lips. So that your trust may be in the Lord."

So don't think that you should hear a divine audible voice.

If you are not aware of any inspirational thoughts, don't let that stop you from praying and communicating with God. I liken it to an old fashioned water pump where it's required to operate that pump arm many times before the water finally flows out.

The idea that it's just you praying, and therefore you don't pray much.. well, it's just one person priming the pump too. The action is ours to do, because God is always speaking, it's just that we don't hear it with our physical ears. We aren't supposed to hear His voice out of the air, because He's given us inner-ears. I'm not speaking in a physical sense there either.

There is a scripture in 1 Kings 3:9 that says, "Give me a hearing heart." However, most versions of Bibles have translated it "Give me an understanding heart."

In Mat.11:15 Jesus said, "He that has ears to hear, let him hear." Of course everyone has physical ears so he wasn't talking about healing the deaf ears. But he was speaking of our hearts to be hearing.

In Mat.11:14 Jesus said, "And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come." In context, receiving would be the same as understanding the Biblical concept that Jesus was explaining. (Don't get confused in thinking that Elias has anything to do with this topic, focus on receiving the concept of how we are to hear from God).

Let these things give you encouragement and be a guidance for a topic of prayer to God, that you exercise your faith that your heart will hear God speak to you from inside. Then after such a prayer, do continue to hold fast your request, keep on believing that God will do it as you read and speak His word, and praise Him for it throughout the day, and every day until you begin to get inspired thoughts from God.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess ill just read more.
As I was reading this, the first few words on this page jumped out to me for you!

"Have you ever heard a voice in your head telling you how rotten you are and what a failure you always will be? Condemnation is of the devil."
- Dr. W. Wright, A More Excellent Way.

What struck me in this, is how easily people will agree with the idea, that they've heard this voice in their head! (Even atheists can agree with that idea, though they mightn't want to agree with it's conclusion).

Yet, a lot (maybe still a majority) of people still say that they don't hear God's voice.. interesting thoughts come to mind!

I hope you will find this useful too :)

View media item 54644

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't read all 107 messages but I did see a few as I skimmed through. Don't worry about people who question if your "saved", they can get in trouble since we are not supposed to do that on here. After all none of us can know if someone is saved or not really, only God knows.

With that said God may be using you and you just don't know it/see it yet. I used to think God wasn't using me because I wasn't really doing anything at the church. No ministry, no outreach...etc. Then I realized God doesn't always use us at church. For me He uses me through online to each out to those who are going through trials like I did. To help them get back on track.

I'd also say are you mad at God about feeling like your not being used? Because we can easily fall into the trap of getting annoyed at Him and because of that He may for lack of better words, let us stay "stuck" until we realize we shouldn't be mad at Him. Again, its something I went through with Him.

Next up... who cares what your aunt says she feels. Shes may be exaggerating, she may be telling the truth. Either way everyone is different and everyone has different stages they go through. Some stages reappear later in life. Don't focus on what others say and do because its another thing that will hold you back. Envy, jealousy...etc. Granted your life may feel slow or like your losing hope right now, but God always has plans. I personally don't hear His voice as in like a literal voice, but I know when He talks to me. Its through things that happen. In some cases, as a non-believer would say, when "coincidences" happen. Though obviously christians now thats not real, they are divine appointments.

Well you did say you helped a suicidal friend right? See, you are being used! You helped someone. Lastly I'd add while it may not feel like a great life right now, look at all you are given by God. You have internet access. Clothes. Money. A home. Food/drink whenever you need it. Another day of life. We (including myself) tend to not realize how much God gives us because we are so used to it.

Side note, if someone is annoying you on here click their name (under their picture) and you will see a button that says "Ignore". Click it and it will block them so you can't see what they post.

Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Scripture says my sheep hear my voice...there's a difference when you do things in the flesh and when God leads you. When God leads you...you don't need to try a million times.

God already taught and lead you to believe in Christ.

For example
John 6:41-46New King James Version (NKJV)
Rejected by His Own
41 The Jews then complained about Him, because He said, “I am the bread which came down from heaven.” 42 And they said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How is it then that He says, ‘I have come down from heaven’?”

43 Jesus therefore answered and said to them, “Do not murmur among yourselves. 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Therefore everyone who has heard and learnedfrom the Father comes to Me. 46 Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father.

And about hearing, well you did! And if you continue to believe, then you are hearing from God since the work of God is that you believe in Him whom He has sent.

Notice that yes the sheep hear His voice and follow Christ, but what about these others in verse 26?

If you do not believe, then Christ says, you are not 'of my sheep'.
John 10:26-30New King James Version (NKJV)
26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

You are part of God's chosen people, a holy nation.
2 Peter 2, describes those who do not believe being disobedient to the Word contrasted with those who do believe. To not believe is to be disobedient because God has commanded all people all over to believe in Christ, read Acts 17.

4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,

“Behold, I lay in Zion
A chief cornerstone, elect, precious,
And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.”

7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,

“The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone,”

8 and

“A stone of stumbling
And a rock of offense.”

They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.

9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MostRadicalManEver

Site Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Visit site
✟36,362.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe He is waiting on you.
Are you clothing the naked, visiting the widows and orphans, feeding the hungry or making disciples etc..?
I have found that when i simply work the field there is always something more down the road.

Upvote 0

Theo Book

Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Central Florida
✟59,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1)Perhaps something to think about - perhaps not! It is for YOU to decide. You stated you had a "Bad church experience" near the beginning of your post. This tells me it is at the front of your mind. Consider forgiving any person involved in that "bad experience."

1)
This is something I've been thinking about. I've been saved for 6 years ...but I had a bad church experience ..
----------------------------------------------------------------

2)Then you stated some positive activities, which reminded me of my own early church experience. I did some of those same things, and like you, received a great feeling of satisfaction through helping others, who were less fortunate than I.

2)
however at least while I was there I was able to do somethings like help at a soup kitchen and plan our next outreach stuff..
-------------------------------------------------------------
3)Then you begin to expand on the real issue that eats at your heart and perhaps at your soul. "Disrespect." This is a new age of disrespect, and it is not because you are somehow to blame. It is because You are a member of a new type of Female, in a generation of Females who do not understand God's ideal Female. I do not say this is you, I say simply the generation into which you are found, are floundering in a quagmire of not being able to separate yourself from the thinking of the generation itself.

I see you as a Female who has a high moral standard, but suffer because so many of your generation do not, and you are disrespected, not for something you have done or failed to do, but you are recognized by your age group (your "generation") that has badly expressed itself, for which you are asked to pay the price. And the price is too high. Especially when you do not understand exactly what it is you are asked to "pay for."

Our entire nation has fallen into disrespect for each other, and ourselves, whether we have "Done the deed" or simply stood silently by as a spectator, sadly shaking our heads, but remaining silent, and wondering why I feel so inadequate and disrespected.

I speak of the two things that will bring down ANY nation; the very issues over which we now see daily, and fail to confront. Yet feel the brunt of disrespect, because we all become suspect in our neighbor's eyes, because we disapprove, but cannot bring ourselves to voice said disapproval.

Homosexuality and Abortion - There, I finally said it, and while you and I may be innocent, we are among those who cannot identify which among us are the guilty ones. So we suffer disrespect, while searching for "Meaning" in our own little sphere of influence.

3)
but I left bc of the disrespect... Sometimes I just want to crawl back because even though I wasn't being treated right..at least I was being useful and doing something. I loved doing that and it gave my life meaning...
-------------------------------------------------------------
4) It is my humble opinion, you cannot figure out how to have a meaningful dialogue with God because you cannot comprehend the total disengagement between yourself and your generation. This is not an accusation, it is an observation. When we cannot understand our own world, how can we attempt to understand that world for which we should collectively aspire?

4)
Now I'm just sitting here... ( no I cat volunteer or anything until I get my license which is what I'm working on) like I don't really pray...because its just me praying and I don't hear God at all...I just wonder why? Why the silence...why am I not being used? Why am I just sitting here?
----------------------------------------------------------
5) Sometimes, in our despair, we may alienate one aspect of society, to which we should be turning for aid and comfort, trust and reinforcement; i.e., that "Husband" or those "Friends" whom you see as "getting in the way."

A proper Husband would never, ever, "get in the way" of your devotion to God, and even to helping you in your own attempts to communicate that which is so heavy on your heart.

And a proper friend would never allow anything to get between you and your pursuit of spiritual growth.

And Hope is not something you "find" or "lose." It is someone you become, a cause for hope, whether yourself, or others who have likewise lost their way due to circumstances with which they are not involved; like Homosexuality or Abortion.

5)
It would be perfect for me to devout my life to God bc I have no husband or friends to get in the way ( I would be a nun but I don't like closed spaces and I know that's not my calling) but God doesn't speak back, and I don't know why.... I'm willing... But I'm starting to lose hope....
------------------------------------------------------------------

6)I was raised Catholic, in belief, and faith, and activity. I depended upon the creeds and doctrines to sustain me when I faltered from self-doubt. They are not equipped for that. They are mostly a means whereby the church attempts to re-enforce their teachings from a Catechism form of teaching.

You stated your awareness of baptism and water and Holy spirit, but your application is from a creed and doctrine understanding. (And, no, I am not finding fault with you. I am remembering my own time as a Catholic youth. I studied my way out of it.)

6)
And if you're wondering yes, I've been baptised in water and the holy spirit...so I don't know why God is so far away and so behind the scenes in my lifw,,, I justdont know...
-------------------------------------------------------------------
7) I remember having the same feelings, and doubts, because HE was reaching out; He IS reaching out; He wants you to doubt and enquire, and believe what you read from HIS OWN WORDS- Not the words of doctrines and creeds of a MAN-MADE origin.

You see for yourself, what you have been taught leaves you feeling doubt, and feeling down...

7)
It makes me feel bad and it makes me wonder if he likes me at all ...old just feeling down.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
8)THAT's the bad news.

The Good news is God loves you, and wants you to feel His love, and a recognition that you are on the right track. THAT is why He sent you to this board. To share what you feel, and be brought to an understanding that MEN's Efforts, while attempting to improve upon GOD's Words, fail miserably, leaving you empty, and weak, and wondering.

Any time ANY one tries to tell you what God says about a thing, make Him/Her show you those words in God's written word. If it cannot be found there, it is not true. If it is there, strive to understand it in the light of everything else in His word. He will not contradict or try to fool you. THAT is left to the efforts of MEN.

God bless you in your effort to be heard, and to find that for which you are searching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Scripture says my sheep hear my voice...there's a difference when you do things in the flesh and when God leads you. When God leads you...you don't need to try a million times.

the bible is God's Word(2 timothy 3:16-17). it is 'His voice'. those who know the scriptures know God's voice and follow it. many professing believers would want to wait to hear God speak to them directly when he has already given us clear instruction in His Word. if you suspect to hear something from the LORD that is contradictory to His Written Word, it is not from the LORD.

I personally rebuke " tough love" I came from a church that did that ..and it was just an excuse to be mean. Not going there again.

what were the things that the people at your church told you that you felt were mean?

I don't like how you assume I wasn't saved..I was and still am

describe the event that has you to believe that Ezekiel 36:26-28 happened to you?

I don't know if you've experienced what I have but if you haven't of course its easy for you to yell on the side lines to just get over it...anyone could do that.

I have experienced what you have in being in churches that said things to me that were hurtful. I've had people in the church even recently that have said things that have made me feel betrayed and alone. I'd say I'm in the same social predicament you are. socially awkward, finding it hard to connect with people.

you're not going to be able to pull yourself up by the bootstraps or 'just get over it'. you need Christ. the way I 'got over' the things I was dealing with was simply the LORD saving me. he gave me the peace that transcends all understanding(philippians 4:6-7). my worth, value, and identity are in Christ and not my achievements, my social circle, or my possessions. things change, people change, but the LORD never changes.

Upvote 0

God has spoken through His Word. Looking for God's voice outside of His written word is not what we are called to do. His revelation is complete. Every true believer has the Spirit of God. He is with every believer. We don't need to seek emotional highs. I am very concerned about the teaching that you have received.

I understand the disappointment when people get your expectations up, as though you are missing out or not good enough to hear something extra from God. Good news! God is at work in the lives of those who who trust Him.

Look at the example of Ruth. The doctrine of providence was at work in her life. She didn't get some extrabiblical revelation, yet God sovereignly directed the events of her life. It wasn't an easy life, but then Christians aren't called to easy.

Then there was Joseph. He suffered great injustice...sold into slavery & imprisoned. God's hand was in that as well.

Miracles were unusual events in the Bible that came with many spaces between them in history. We no longer need them to validate God's Word.

Serving God in a solid Biblical church can be taking care of babies, moving chairs, etc.
Giving out or placing solid tracts places & giving the Gospel out is not a romantic thing to do.

I would recommend to you as a female to check out Unpopular The Movie online.

I would also encourage you to read God's Word daily (and not a paraphrase)....the NASB, ESV, NKJV, or even the KJV for example.
As a secondary thing, I'd recommend the book Reviving New England by Pastor Nate Pickowicz. It's not just for those in New England. It will help you to see what a healthy church should be like.

If you need help finding a good church, please let me know. I'd like to try to help find one for you.

Upvote 0

devon

Yet.
May 26, 2005
Council bluffs, Iowa
✟9,389.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is something I've been thinking about. I've been saved for 6 years ...but I had a bad church experience ..however at least while I was there I was able to do somethings like help at a soup kitchen and plan our next outreach stuff..but I left bc of the disrespect... Sometimes I just want to crawl back because even though I wasn't being treated right..at least I was being useful and doing something. I loved doing that and it gave my life meaning...

Gather with other believers in home. The organised church is NOT the 'church'. See: truthforfree.com
Also this Has been my 42 year experience.
Others May, You Cannot

If God has called you to be really like Jesus He will draw you into a life of crucifixion and humility. God’s call will put such demands of obedience on you that you will not be able to follow other people, or measure yourself by other Christians. At times, He will let other
people do things which He will not let you do.

Other Christians who seem very religious will push themselves, pull wires, and work schemes to carry out their plans. You cannot, and if you attempt it, you will meet with failure and rebuke from the Lord.

Others may boast of themselves, of their work, of their successes, but the Holy Spirit will not allow you to do any such thing, and if you begin it, He will lead you to despise yourself and all your good works.

Others may be allowed to succeed in making money, or may have a legacy left to them, but it is likely God will keep you poor. God wants you to have something far better than gold, namely, a helpless dependence upon Him, that He may demonstrate His faithful love for you in supplying your needs day by day.

God may let others be honored and put forward, and keep you hidden in obscurity in order to produce some fragrant fruit for His coming glory which can only be produced in the shade. He may let others be great, but keep you small. He may let others do a work for Him and get the credit for it now. The reward for your work is held in the hands of Jesus and you will not see it until He comes.

The Holy Spirit will put a strict watch over you with a jealous love. He will rebuke you for the little words and feelings or for wasting your time. So make up your mind that God is an infinite Sovereign, and has a right to do as He pleases with His own. He does not owe you an explanation of these mysteries. But if you give yourself to be His child, He will wrap you up in a jealous love, and give you the precious blessings for those who belong, heart and soul, to Him.

Settle it forever, then, that you are to deal directly with the Holy Spirit. It is His option to tie your tongue, or chain your hand, or close your eyes in ways that He does not seem to use with others. And when you are so possessed by the living God that your heart delights over this peculiar, personal, private, jealous guardianship and management of the Holy Spirit over your life, you will have found the vestibule of Heaven.

What is your only comfort in life and death?
That I am not my own, but belong, body and soul, in life and in death, to my faithful Savior Jesus Christ.
He has fully paid for all my sins with His precious blood, and He has set me free from the tyranny of the devil.
He also watches over me in such a way that not a hair can fall from my head without the will of my Father in heaven. In fact, all things must work together for my salvation.
Because I belong to Him, Christ, by His Holy Spirit, assures me of eternal life and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for Him.
–Heidelberg Catechism

I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of
knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. Philippians 3:8

leesleyfilms.net
soundclickdevonleesley

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
OP you have some good advice on here main issue is you hurting and I would say forgive those that hurt you, move to a different church since it seem they teaching salvation has to be earned and youve got caught up in that as well as people pleasing.

Read the bible and focus on what God is saying to YOU in His Word.

Its fair to say that our Heavenly Father actually does not USE people. He LOVES people, He doesnt use people! So dont feel you have to be 'used'!!! Satan for sure 'uses' people, then chucks them away!

Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0

patdee

Sep 20, 2016
Duluth, Georgia
✟23,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

It could be that you suffer from the same malady MOST Christians do. IE:

Saying "God" instead of Jesus. Oh indeed yes. It is absolutely necessary for ALL Christians to do away (in MOST) cases with the generic term "god' and replace it with Jesus. For example:

1. I believe in Jesus who IS the only true God.

2. May Jesus bless you. (NEVER say "god bless you" or "Jesus bless you", for that is a command; not a request; and really it is blasphemy. Oh indeed yes.)

3. Always espouse Jesus loudly and clearly wherever you go. NEVER fall into satan's trap of being careful NOT to say Jesus; for fear that it might offend someone. To hell (literally) with ALL satan-led, religions (and all are satan-led except for Christianity!) Believe it or not this IS our commandment. Whether anyone believes it or not. Always stand firm when it comes to Jesus. NEVER use "god" in his place; because there are millions of "gods". They are ALL false except for Jesus. This is why:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

(Notice: There is NO other way, there is NO other truth and there can be NO life of any kind without Jesus. OH indeed YES! Also; notice that He said that NO one comes unto the "father" except by Him! Why cant we go directly to the father and by-pass Jesus? Because He WAS the father-that is why!)

Consider the following words:

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

I will get blasted from here to eternity for the above; but I care not at all. They crucified Him. May they do the same for me.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

For 70 yrs I did not know, nor did this. My Christian life was a living hell. Today it is being blessed (since I realized and followed the above) like one could never imagine. Oh indeed yes.

Praise Jesus and His Holy Name. For He is the ONLY true God there has EVER been or ever will be. Oh indeed YES! This leaves islam, judaism, buddhism, hinduism, etc, etc, and etc, OUT! Oh yes indeed! ALL will KNOW this to be truth absolute one day. When we ALL stand before Jesus and we will be judged. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is the ONLY God. Oh indeed YES!

Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; Philippians 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Sadly, many Christians do NOT understand the last part of these verses-for it takes much wisdom to see HOW God can be the father AND the son at the same time. satan KNOWS this, but he wants no one else to know it. ALL will know this one day. Mark me words!)

Finally: Remember, Jesus does NOT run on our "time clock". Please be patient. In many cases, what we pray for often takes many decades to come to fruition. Once one realizes this, we thank Him for waiting. In a word, we were NOT ready for it. Much must happen before the blessings flow. Promise!

In any case, may Jesus richly bless you and yours always.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I personally rebuke " tough love" I came from a church that did that ..and it was just an exscuse to be mean. Not going there again.

1) I don't like how you assume I wasn't saved..I was and still am

2) I don't know if you've experienced what I have but if you haven't of course its easy for you to yell on the side lines to just get over it...anyone could do that.

I personally rebuke " tough love" I came from a church that did that ..and it was just an excuse to be mean. Not going there again.

My Response: That's ironic since God in multiple occasions in the bible...including most famously through the flood or the captivity of Israeli displays tough love. When God after 5 years or so of the apostolic church just "chilling" causes them to go through things in other to wake them up...that's tough love. You're church didn't do tough love... you're church simply hated on individuals...tough love isn't the equivalent of hate. Tough love is preaching against sin and wickedness or wrongdoing that's all it is. Paul preached tough love... the apostles preached tough love. They even go as far as to say thou that committeeth sin is of the devil.....that's tough love.

I don't like how you assume I wasn't saved..I was and still am

MY Response: You still haven't presented how you received salvation so logically I can't assume you are saved right? And again hold up.... this is what I said "(assuming you were saved)." When someone says assuming you are telling the truth for example they aren't saying you're not telling the truth....they are just saying they have their doubts but they believe it's possible you are. I doubt your salvation because 1. you never stated how you got saved or anything 2. your actions/your walk as a "christian" don't reflect a saved individual. Being away from church and not reading your bible/praying doesn't really emphasize saved either. It's a logical assumption tbh.

I don't know if you've experienced what I have but if you haven't of course its easy for you to yell on the side lines to just get over it...anyone could do that.

My Response: It's a dangerous mindset to justify a period of time away from God/study of the mind of God, keep that in mind. The apostles have went through worse then you and they kept reading the bible and walking in the spirit. IK people in my church and just different pastors and leaders who have gone through worse then you and didn't give up. Sure me being young I haven't gone through what you've gone through and I never will since I am not even of the same gender and i'm a minister in a church but neither will you experience what I have experienced. WE all go through different things.

Also I heard about Pentecostals in Africa who walk miles to get to their church and live in kinda rough conditions yet the American Evangelist who visited reported the praise there is even more strong then the praise here.

What you fail to do is to be grateful and realize there are people who have been (apostles/slaves) or are in a worse position then you are. You live in America where you have opportunities to find churches.

HECK what's crazy about your whole situation is you could have lived off sermons/church services on you tube??? YOu could have still been reading your bible and praying and growing even at home. Please don't justify not seeking God by not being at church or people hurting you. People can't hurt you through a video.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
... I don't hear God at all...I just wonder why? Why the silence...why am I not being used? Why am I just sitting here?...

If you want to listen to God, I recommend that you read the Bible, because I believe God speaks through it.

And if you want to do something for God, help somebody that is near you. :)

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Matt. 25:40

Even small good things are good. :)

• Agree
Reactions: JESUS=G.O.A.T
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Far Side Of the Moon".. do you go to Church? If not find one and go. I dont care what people say. Yes you can be saved and never go to Church. But what we have, each one of us is to be given away. And as long as we are alone.. it will never happen. See if we really want to.. we can WALK to where ever it is we have to go. No there is no verse in the bible that says "God helps them that help them selfs 1st" lol.

So.. tell HIM your heart what you want to do. And TRUST HIM! pfft.. I moved to Colorado when my mom said (her husband had cancer) it would be nice if we were with her. She never asked for help. So a few years later I was just talking.. to God.. said.. remember in Glandale Ca when that Preacher came to our door? Be nice if you did that hear. I dont know where we should go to church. So about a week later at night we get this knock at the door. Older man standing there asking if so and so was home. I said sorry ..you must have the wrong house. He starts off and stops. Says..NO.. the lord would not have me go to the wrong house for no reason. Turns around gives me a card. He was a preacher..of the word. Of everything believe. PRAISE you FATHER!

I am no one. I sin more then most. But I always repent. I take HIM at HIS word. I dont care what man says. There is wisdom in listening to others yet.. its my Father I stand with and HIS word. So.. ask HIM tell HIM what you want. And go to chruch for that is the way He will use you. See you have something those people need..and as long as you or I stand home .. it will not be used..ever. Its our choice

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

When I was a Christian university professor the most-asked question was "What is God's will for my life?" My answer, without faltering, was "You are in it."

His will is for you to settle-in to your right-standing with Him. He isn't far away at all. He is right there with you, within you, fully functioning in the Person of the Holy Spirit.

Questions aren't necessary. They go nowhere, being answered by the brain --- a brick wall. Acceptance of your salvation, in peace and joy, is being provided by the Holy Spirit. Don't shut Him out.

Upvote 0

Theo Book

Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Central Florida
✟59,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It could be that you suffer from the same malady MOST Christians do. IE:

Saying "God" instead of Jesus. Oh indeed yes. It is absolutely necessary for ALL Christians to do away (in MOST) cases with the generic term "god' and replace it with Jesus. For example:

1. I believe in Jesus who IS the only true God.

"TRUE GOD" has a son, named Jesus, called "Christ"

(1 Thess 1:9) For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; 10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know "him that is true," and we are in him that is true, even in "his Son" Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Jesus is NOT "The Christ GOD" - he is the "Christ of GOD; He is "The Lord's Christ.

Luke 2:26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

Luke 9:20 He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, "The Christ of God.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you think that us sheep physically hear His voice or that through prayer, Bible reading and worship that we hear His voice?

Do not also forget that it is the Holy Spirit that leads us in all truth.

Try a few new ways to grow closer to God. Then see if you hear his voice better.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well... sometimes God wants you to take the initiative and take action! Just start doing something. Read Nehemiah.
Have u not read the OP I did... I was in church for a long while and did things like outreach...still couldn't hear him....what would change that now.

Upvote 0