Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Not everyone can "hear" or feel God. The tricky thing about that is that those who can get the spotlight. It is often used to judge the salvation or sincerity of those who cannot. C. S. Lewis wrote about this some. Much of what many feel is God speaking to them can actually be our own emotions, hopeful assumptions, and neurological responses to the Holy Spirit or what we are anticipating from God.

There is a Christian artist name Shaun Groves who writes wonderful, Godly songs. He has even won the Dove Award. However, he never hears from God in the sense that others do, or at least say they do.

You have to base your understanding of what God wants and your relationship with him on what you read in Scripture rather than what you hear or feel. What people perceive as hearing from God, could actually be something else. So don't worry about what others say they are hearing or feeling for themselves.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not everyone can "hear" or feel God. The tricky thing about that is that those who can get the spotlight. It is often used to judge the salvation or sincerity of those who cannot. C. S. Lewis wrote about this some. Much of what many feel is God speaking to them can actually be our own emotions, hopeful assumptions, and neurological responses to the Holy Spirit or what we are anticipating from God.

There is a Christian artist name Shaun Groves who writes wonderful, Godly songs. He has even won the Dove Award. However, he never hears from God in the sense that others do, or at least say they do.

You have to base your understanding of what God wants and your relationship with him on what you read in Scripture rather than what you hear or feel. What people perceive as hearing from God, could actually be something else. So don't worry about what others say they are hearing or feeling for themselves.
Thanks

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is something I've been thinking about. I've been saved for 6 years ...but I had a bad church experience ..however at least while I was there I was able to do somethings like help at a soup kitchen and plan our next outreach stuff..but I left bc of the disrespect... Sometimes I just want to crawl back because even though I wasn't being treated right..at least I was being useful and doing something. I loved doing that and it gave my life meaning...

Now I'm just sitting here... ( no I cat volunteer or anything until I get my license which is what I'm working on) like I don't really pray...because its just me praying and I don't hear God at all...I just wonder why? Why the silence...why am I not being used? Why am I just sitting here?

It would be perfect for me to devout my life to God bc I have no husband or friends to get in the way ( I would be a nun but I don't like closed spaces and I know that's not my calling) but God doesn't speak back, and I don't know why.... I'm willing... But I'm starting to lose hope....

And if you're wondering yes, I've been baptised in water and the holy spirit...so I don't know why God is so far away and so behind the scenes in my lifw,,, I justdont know...

It makes me feel bad and it makes me wonder if he likes me at all ...old just feeling down.

See "Answered Prayer" in my signature file.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Have u not read the OP I did... I was in church for a long while and did things like outreach...still couldn't hear him....what would change that now.
Change churches if you're sitting in a house and the person you came to see doesn't show up.....you leave. I've been to churches where the spirit was really in the building.....and I've gone to churches where I've left early because I was wasting my time.

Stop looking to feel God in a church grow your own personal relationship with him so you can feel him.

Upvote 0

Ray Blick

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2017
Australia
✟49,330.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Far Side
The dark night of the soul is a very real and a somewhat common experience that many children of God must go through.
Believe me, I know from experience as I was 'put' through it for nearly a decade after I 'put my hand up' to follow Jesus. But by His grace and mercy He now reveals His awesomeness on a daily basis.

Dear sister, it is not all about being used by Him. You can sit there and do absolutely nothing for decades and that would never alter His awesome love and pursuing, intentionality for you, His dear child wanting to be used by Him.

Believe it sister, the Father has put that desire in you Himself before the foundation of the world to do great exploits for Him now and for eternity. His timing is not our timing.

Phillipians 1:6 says "He who began a good work in you will carry it through until the day of Lord Jesus".

God's word for you is His promise, His Word, it cannot change as He never changes.

It all begins with receiving His love.

We must look up! Not at our circumstances here as they are so temporal.

I cannot claim to be on Easy Street after going through such an ordeal of setbacks and losses of one being the death of my dad 13 years ago , could not cry there were no tears left but the Lord in His grace used the situation for me to be a witness to the grieving and hurting for a His glory.

The first tears were shed only two days ago.

Dear sister, there is a scripture in Hebrews 12 that says "Son, do not despise the Lord's discipline.

For whom the Lord loves He chastens and scourges every son whom He receives".

Your joy will come sister,

You have been used by the Lord already by putting your post in this forum. It has brought us as family together to exhort and encourage one another.

Do not despise small beginnings.

Remember this dear sister, if you are first trusted with little you will be trusted with greater things.

In the deep depression which lasted on and off for over a decade there were times of disgust of my attitude to life and it dawned on me that Father is creative so I got busy recreating. Painting, drawing, music all of which are healthy pastimes, walking out around the town taking in the sounds and sights and people and beban to appreciate what I was a part of and found that God would speak to me as I'd engage in His creation.

Gratitude from the heart would melt away and there He would be as praise and worhip arose.

dear brothers and sisters are praying for you.

I personally pray that the Father will reveal His awesome love to you in such a personal way through dreams, visions, circumstances, people, animals, His Word will come alive to you by the breath of the Holy Spirit to you and not in some dead letter way and that from this very day Christians will be sent with a comforting word ( like Elijah being fed by the ravens).

Be encouraged sister.

Upvote 0