Why is some Staff afraid of IIDB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RigalCygnos

I have accused of you of making false statements. I stand by that statement. You have proven it by saying I was not one of the people that attacked you. If goes to the very core of the IIDB is evil and serves no good purpose attacks than have been made. I see good happening there. I see bad happening there. I see people coming to Christ at CF and I see people leaving the faith at CF. You leveled accusations against a group of people that, by your own admission, are not true of the group. By doing so you have offered insult to the people that are not guilty of the accusations you level. You also make accusations without proof against the rest of the group. You are exactly what you claim to despise.

The Internet Infidel Discussion Board is not and can never be, however great and profuse the rationalizations, called a proper place for followers of Jesus Christ.

The Secular Web has declared war and destruction against our Lord God and the faithful, and nothing can ever diminish nor rectify that fact, that reality.

I stand here now in the implacable hate of these judgements, and I am empty of all hope.

Nothing else is here and nobody else will stand by me.

But very last that I have, even though they are not my words, I give now:

Galatians 5

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Amen.

Upvote 0

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
The IIDB/CF threads started almost four years ago, when some of the staff and admins were playing lose and free with the rules.
It was needed then.

One admin was using a sockpuppet to bait and ban members, Christians were being prohibited from posting in the Christian only section on the whim of one or two mods.
People were being unfairly banned without recourse.

I do think that things have gotten a lot better, at least there is an appeals process and conciliators.

This wouldn't have happened without the 'elsewhere' threads.
Something important to remember.
Thanks AL
That sort of puts it all into perspective

Upvote 0

EdmundBlackadderTheThird

Proud member of the Loud Few
Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
✟23,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Internet Infidel Discussion Board is not and can never be, however great and profuse the rationalizations, called a proper place for followers of Jesus Christ.

The Secular Web has declared war and destruction against our Lord God and the faithful, and nothing can ever diminish nor rectify that fact, that reality.

I stand here now in the implacable hate of these judgements, and I am empty of all hope.

Nothing else is here and nobody else will stand by me.

But very last that I have, even though they are not my words, I give now:

Galatians 5

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Amen.
I guess Christ shouldn't have eaten at that filthy tax collector's house or let that hideous harlot bathe his feet. What a horrible example for us a Christians to follow.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This train
Carries saints and sinners
This train
Carries losers and winners
This train
Carries harlots and gamblers
This train
Carries lost souls

Bruce Springsteen ~ Land of Hope and Dreams

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟89,685.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think that quoting scripture is generally a bad idea..(for everyone)-- because it can always be turned against the person/people you're arguing --(mildly debating)--with.

When a person knows in their own heart what Scripture says is true, and then they say it in their own words, not only is it more credible, it can't be said of the person that they're a hypocrite/pharasiee/ whatever.

Michelle

Reactions: Rochir
Upvote 0
R

RigalCygnos

Galatians 2

4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our
liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might
continue with you.

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ,
even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is
dead in vain.

Upvote 0

dignitized

Aug 5, 2005
✟29,618.00
I do think that things have gotten a lot better, at least there is an appeals process and conciliators.

This wouldn't have happened without the 'elsewhere' threads.
Something important to remember.
Apparently a certain element do not believe these to be good things. Perhaps that is part of why some of them resigned from staff . . . .

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is easy. Watch this.

I was thinking about my little challenge and thought that maybe I'd set an example by taking it MYSELF!

I and drstevej (known as oftenbuzzard on iidb) both have warnings (ok, I certainly do but can't verify that for him ;)) for flaming each other openly.

I'm taking this opportunity to offer my hand in friendship to drstevej in public and out in the open.

*extends hand*

I am with you on this. :)

drstevej, shall we bury the hatchet?

I'm offering you an olive branch, if you care to accept.

Your decision, of course.

But it is the Christmas season. If not now, then when.

I humbly ask your forgiveness for words I've spoken that may have hurt you. I'm sorry.

Whatever your response, God bless you & yours and wishing you a Merry Christmas. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟89,685.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Re: RigalCygnos' concerns.

Would you be happier if the discussions were had someplace other than IIDB?
It's here she feels misunderstood, so it should be here that it's attempted to be reconciled. Maybe she just feels outnumbered and misunderstood and that is the reason for the defense.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,777,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I found elsewhere to be quite cathartic in my experience.

Rant, rave, get the poison out.

Discuss, joke.

I'm a Christian & always found acceptance, prayers/well wishes there.

More so that I have on some Christian sites.

I've just come to accept both IIDB & CF as is.

I'm not sweating it anymore.

Too many really important things to sweat over & actually affect change.

My 2 cents.

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I found elsewhere to be quite cathartic in my experience.

Rant, rave, get the poison out.

Discuss, joke.

I'm a Christian & always found acceptance, prayers/well wishes there.

More so that I have on some Christian sites.

I've just come to accept both IIDB & CF as is.

I'm not sweating it anymore.

Too many really important things to sweat over & actually affect change.

My 2 cents.

And a very nice 2 cents. :) Thanks Michie. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agreed Miss Shelby
It is well to note that using God's Word to make an accusation doesn't necessarilly have God's will with it.

It's here she feels misunderstood, so it should be here that it's attempted to be reconciled. Maybe she just feels outnumbered and misunderstood and that is the reason for the defense.

Must I be first distorted into the falsehood that I am bereft of understanding and compassion and also be patronized as though I were senile and confused?

First I am confronted as an interloper and fool because I think to post opinions as all others do, and then are challenged by those who do not love Christians as I love them. Defending myself is disallowed or deplored, until others are satisfied that I have been declared invalid in my every thought and intention.

Not one of my accusers have half the courage I have shown for over a year on CF. Not one of them ever conceded knowledge of my contributions and fellowship with other CF members.

Standing alone, I am declared some kind of charlatan.
None of these things have I deserved or brought upon myself.

Please allow me one final dignity, that I stood alone.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟89,685.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Must I be first distorted into the falsehood that I am bereft of understanding and compassion and also be patronized as though I were senile and confused?

First I am confronted as an interloper and fool because I think to post opinions as all others do, and then are challenged by those who do not love Christians as I love them. Defending myself is disallowed or deplored, until others are satisfied that I have been declared invalid in my every thought and intention.

Not one of my accusers have half the courage I have shown for over a year on CF. Not one of them ever conceded knowledge of my contributions and fellowship with other CF members.

Standing alone, I am declared some kind of charlatan.
None of these things have I deserved or brought upon myself.

Before I respond: Latreia are you Rigal or nifty? Or any other personality in this thread? (hard to keep track) I DO want to respond in a serious manner--but I have to know who I am talking to.

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Hmm, I can only think of the very first thing I ever said to you at IIDB:

"I have nothing but love for Latreia, shannon and everyone else here."

If you stood alone, it was because you chose to do so.

Otherwise, to go along with much that has been said here, I've found that people from CF who I truly disliked once I talked with them over at ~E~ I suddenly saw them as ... people. Real people, not the cardboard cutout 2-dimensional 'must act christiany' people that CF has a preponderance of, but the kind of people that have lives and loves and joke and laugh and giggle and do silly things. All the stuff that makes people into people. Not the theologic pronouncements of certainty that make people into things.

I couldn't stand Br. Max at all, didn't even like the cut of his jib. Now Br'er Max is someone that I really miss seeing post over at ~e~. He's a great person who just happens to have some views that I strongly disagree with. But I never would have figured any of that out over here, where conversation is hamstrung with 'christiany' rules.

Reactions: herev
Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
RE: The idea that IIDB members promptly discuss how wrong any staff action taken against us is. I provide for your consideration my very first post at IIDB that concerns moderator action taken against me:

Nitz said:
In other news, I finally got my first official warning, hooray! In all fairness though, i'll bite it and say I deserved it. I was discussing mod actions in quite a few places though all of them occured within the same time frame, i.e. before I realized I was doing it in a place I shouldn't be. But since my appeals seem un-appealable where can we discuss mod actions besides here? I thought Questions about CF would've been a good place, but I was wrong and that was my mistake.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.