Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And may peace be with you.
I do not know how to use the quote things and so the best I can.
You can believe as you will, nobody has asked you to believe or disbelieve.
I will say no more on this subject due to this "disbelief"?

If you want to quote something, put it in these tags (without the spaces)

[ quote]Text you want to quote[ /quote]

results in

Text you want to quote

Reactions: herev
Upvote 0

higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
And may peace be with you.
I do not know how to use the quote things and so the best I can.
You can believe as you will, nobody has asked you to believe or disbelieve. I will say no more on this subject due to this "disbelief"?

Well you did say, "You think it is not possible for a person to have a fatal heart attack at a computer when seeing things bad said about them?" My answer is yes, I believe it is possible, but you are being very mysterious. What makes you think it happened? I don't believe or disbelieve, I merely ask for more data.

Upvote 0

higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I think I copied right to CaDan's instructions.

And now there will be less detail as I was told not to make people emotional by a member of the staff here.
I have a warning after one or two days here for saying a word we learned when learning English. Initial =Big. Got it?

Yes, good job, it looks like you have the quotes thingy right. :)

Nope. It makes no sense as far as I can tell. But I will keep you in my prayers, good luck. :prayer:

Upvote 0

nifty2

Sep 10, 2006
Sweden
✟15,442.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, good job, it looks like you have the quotes thingy right. :)

Nope. It makes no sense as far as I can tell. But I will keep you in my prayers, good luck. :prayer:
Nifty2, I will not allow you to come in here and get everyone emotional.

This is from another thread I started I could not keep up with it was moving too fast.
Then you have not had to learn English if you do not understand what I say!

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
self banned

I think that my Sister in Christ said it well. When I first went there it was to confront people that had talked behind my back. It also was because I was having a crisis in Faith. I can only tell you what I engaged in and it wasn't pretty for awhile.

My Faith was slipping and I was bitter and I was angry.

There came a point for ME, again because I will only talk about me, that it was no longer a necessity to go to IIDB and engage in the behaviour that I engaged in.

I can tell you this the one person that helped me is in this thread is the OP of the thread. He helped me to gain back much of my Faith, to get back to my ownself again, and to release a lot of that anger. He allowed for me to release it on him for hours at a time in Private discussions. He encouraged me in my Faith, encouraged me to return to Church and even retracked into a different train of thought by giving me something to do with my time.

So now today, I work with him on a project for CF and I have given up apologetics, which was a huge stumbling block for me that I just was unable to see at the time myself.

I self banned myself not because of the people but because I had no more need to go there and because it was just better for me mentally to stay away. Others however need that outlet, and I do not think that it is one big plot against CF rather just a way to channel things at any given point and time that we all go through as none of us are perfect.

Reactions: D'Ann
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This thread blew up with posts since the last time I checked in and I can't read them all. Could someone send me the link to IIDB/Elsewhere or whatever it's called so I can see what all the fuss is about please?

Done!

Reactions: snoochface
Upvote 0
R

RigalCygnos

I can agree with this except for maligning and potty mouths because they are very subjective and not easily quantified.

I believe some do have a holier than thou attitude but again this is also very subjective and not easily quantified.

See my opinion would be that the above statement has that tone of "holier than thou". How do you know that people don't like conforming to God's standards? And what that really boils down to is people don't conform to your belief/understanding/interpretation of what God's standards are.

"I can agree with this except for maligning and potty mouths because they are very subjective and not easily quantified."

It seems they quantify it for themselves

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
RED That's ME said:
Scripture does say that Jesus ate with tax collector and sinners. What you won't find is scripture saying that Jesus lied, maligned, gossiped about christians & had a potty mouth at those sinner's houses.

Excellent observaton. Christ set the example. Isn't the Lord wonderful like that? We should attempt to live our lives as an example too.

RigalCygnos said:
nifty2 said:
You think it is not possible for a person to have a fatal heart attack at a computer when seeing things bad said about them?

This is so tragic. The most terrible thing to imagine.

Knowing that one had done such a thing to another person just out of vile spite is unspeakable.

I know that I am going to keep this image in my mind from now on when I post. God forbid I could ever be the cause of such harm with my words.

My most sincere sympathy and prayers. That must have also been a very good person to have been so stricken. One whose heart had long been hard tasked, most likely through service to others.

This is true in every aspect of our lives. We just don't know the actual effects we have on other people. Neither do we know the degrees to which those effects will go. Things we say. Things we do. For instance.. we go to work in the first days of a cold (thinking we should stay home), but go anyway. Someone with a lower immune system catches the cold from us, is unable to fight it and dies from pneumonia. That seems to make us indirectly responsible for that person's death. Had we stayed at home that day, that person could have been alive the next day.

We have no idea of how we actually effect people's lives. Only God knows. So.. we should tread carefully. The Lord said 'Every careless word that men shall speak, they shall render account for in the day of judgement. For by your words.. you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned. (Matt. 12:36,37)'

We are told by the Lord to live holy lives. To live the way He would have us to live. Do for others, what we would want done for us. To treat each other the way we would like to be treated. And most of all to love each other. John said.. 'they will know you by the love you have one for another [Jn13:35] There is no love in cursing our brother or sisters because we feel we've been wronged. Love 'takes' the hit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

meh

Legend
Feb 22, 2006
✟52,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok..we've got some flaming going on here and linking to sites that aren't allowed to be linked to. We need to do a bit of clean-up.

Right now, this is closed for review. If it's decided it will remain closed, I will let you know. If it's going to re-open, it will be re-opened shortly hopefully.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.