Why Is It Bad If I Don't Get Vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
child will be getting vaccine this summer as death OR long term covid effects are not an option for our child

kids ARE dying from Covid
long term effects of Covid interfere with normal life

child just had vaccine for meningitis & another dTAP
both required for school; we spaced them a month apart

I don't vaccinate my kids. I've got four. I hope none of them die!!!

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
As for me, I believe both in the Lord God AND science, as science is created by The Lord.

Are you aware of how many times "science" has said one thing and then years later they changed their minds? Can God use the learning of men and in fact inspire it? Most certainly. You better be careful though just saying you trust science of whatever men at a certain times are calling true science. If it's not true science you don't put it up there on the level of how you would trust God! At least admit with what men come out with you might be rolling the dice. With God you never are.

James 1
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,

Don't delude yourself in thinking whatever men come up with is perfect.

• Agree
Reactions: revybub
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So you don't drive a car or fly in airplanes ?

What about other forms of medicine, do you take vaccines for polio or small pox ?

Why pray to God for help if the help he sends, which may be the vaccine itself, you'll not use it ?

Reminds me of the story of a man who was at his house during a huge flood. It was so bad he had to climb onto the roof of his house. He prayed to God and asked to be saved.

Suddenly a rescue boat came and told the man to get in. Instead the man said, the Lord God will save me, and he remained on the roof of his house.

Then, a helicopter came and dropped a ladder to him. They urged him to climb up. However, the man responded that the Lord God would save him, and he refused to take the ladder.

Then more rain came and washed the man off the roof and he drowned.

When his soul came before God he asked angrily, "why didn't you save me ?" The Lord God responded, I sent you a boat to rescue you, but you refused to get in. Then I sent a helicopter and you refused to take the ladder to safety.

The moral is, God usually uses the things of this world to work his miracles. Don't refuse the gifts that God is sending you.

Thing is though we don't read anywhere in the Bible where is states that you're to look to your medical doctor as your savior. James 5:14 states for the sick to call for the elders of the church and they'll pray and the Lord will raise them up. Not that I'm opposed to doctors, hospitals and the like have used them myself and encourage others to do the same BUT.....let's not exalt them to the place where we say this is what God has given us. There were doctors in Jesus day. One place we read where a woman had a great affliction. Lk 5:26 states the woman with the issue of blood spent all that she had on doctors but grew nothing better.

(Still I'm not meaning to put down doctors) But why didn't Peter state front and center "Now remember your local physician! That's what God has given you!" He didn't say that. Nope still not against doctors, medicine and what they come up with NECESSARLY but don't put them in the place of God. They try their best but even they can admit they can make mistakes. God NEVER does.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you aware of how many times "science" has said one thing and then years later they changed their minds? Can God use the learning of men and in fact inspire it? Most certainly. You better be careful though just saying you trust science of whatever men at a certain times are calling true science. If it's not true science you don't put it up there on the level of how you would trust God! At least admit with what men come out with you might be rolling the dice. With God you never are.

Don't delude yourself in thinking whatever men come up with is perfect.
I don't understand if you meant to reply to me or not. I never said science or men were perfect, so I don't know where you are coming up with that. I never said I don't trust in God. I honestly don't have any idea what you're trying to say. You're responding to me with arguments against things I never said. What is your point?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,803.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
NYC has even started setting up vaccine stations at subway stations. They are certainly going to great lengths to make it convenient for people to get the vaccine.

I took the subways to work for several years over 40 years ago...surely anyone who is adventurous enough to commute on the NYC subways is adventurous enough to get the vaccine.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

atpollard

Jun 18, 2017
Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's got to be a small number we're talking about there. What percentage of the population is unable to get vaccinated but would like to get vaccinated if they could? 1%? Less than 1%?
Everyone fighting cancer or with any immunological disorder or with any of those rare genetic diseases that make it unsafe to take the mRNA vaccines. That comes out a lot higher than 1%.

Some studies put the number of non-Vaxers at 40% of the population, so your choice is allowing the Covid-19 virus to find hosts and keep going rather than reaching the critical "herd immunity" where a sick person is unlikely to find another person to infect. The longer a virus persists, the more opportunities for mutation it has. Mutations are chances to defeat the protection of the vaccine. It is not the young with a 4 in 1000 chance of dying if they happen to get infected that you are placing in danger, it is the over 60 group with a 40% mortality rate from infection.

What percent of 70-90 year olds are being treated for cancer?
Less than 1%?
I think not.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel very safe.
Well, you've demonstrated it's perfectly possible to feel very safe from a Deadly Virus and deathly afraid of the Vaccine against it at the same time.

Kudos.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“While fewer children than adults have suffered the most severe disease, this is not a benign disease in children,” the AAP said Monday. “Thousands of children have been hospitalized, and hundreds have died.”

AAP- American Academy Pediatrics

if one gets the vaccine, you're protecting your children & grandchildren until they're able to get vaccine

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, you've demonstrated it's perfectly possible to feel very safe from a Deadly Virus and deathly afraid of the Vaccine against it at the same time.

Kudos.

Have you noticed "tree of life" has barely anything to say in his responses?

• Agree
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thing is though we don't read anywhere in the Bible where is states that you're to look to your medical doctor as your savior.
WHO is taking this position ?

Is it your position that taking advantage of any medical advice/treatment/vaccination ... is exalting the medical profession ... as God ?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
WHO is taking this position ?

Is it your position that taking advantage of any medical advice/treatment/vaccination ... is exalting the medical profession ... as God ?
If you're going to say medical professionals are a perfect gift (Jm 1:17) which would mean they're as infallible as God then yes one would have exalted them into the same position as God. (all knowing) One did quote in their writ here the Jm 1:17 verse)

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you're going to say medical professionals are a perfect gift (Jm 1:17) which would mean they're as infallible as God then yes one would have exalted them into the same position as God. (all knowing) One did quote in their writ here the Jm 1:17 verse)
In point of fact, that scripture speaks of "good gifts" also ...

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.