Aggressive Trump Critic Michael Rapaport Admits 'I Was Wrong,' Makes 'Shocking Conversion'

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

It’s amazing how, bit-by-bit, facts are dawning on people.
Yesterday’s unshakeable truths — vaccines/lockdowns/masks good, 2020 election fair, Biden a bit slow but the best choice — are all disintegrating in real time.

Public policymaker response to COVID was a joke, election corruption is undeniable and the president’s news conference performance this week sealed the deal in a lot of minds that Biden cannot go on as president.
And then there’s the whole idea that Donald Trump as president was the worst thing to have ever happened to America.
Some have changed their minds on that. Big-time.

As in none other than actor/comedian Michael Rapaport who, despite vicious rants against Trump, now says he’s considering voting for him.
“There was no Trump critic who was more vicious or profane,” Rebel News publisher and Canadian conservative activist Ezra Levant tweeted of Michael Rapaport.
“This is the most shocking conversion I’ve ever seen,” Levant wrote.
In his tweet, Levant included a portion of the Thursday PBD podcast, in which co-host Adam Sosnick discussed with Rapaport the possibility of voting for Trump.
“At the end of the day,” Sosnick said, addressing Rapaport, “I’m a reasonable person. So like you said initially — I think I’m gonna consider this.”
“I’m considering it,” Rapaport responded. “But to pull that lever [to vote for Trump] — we don’t pull levers anymore — to actually pull that lever (pause) I’m gonna tell you right now, I won’t vote! I’m not voting for Biden, I’m not voting for Kamala.”
Quizzed by PBD co-hosts, Rapaport said among Democrats there was no one to vote for.

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who is Michael Rapaport and why is his opinion important? Who’d he is, he can vote for Trump if he wants.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

It’s amazing how, bit-by-bit, facts are dawning on people.
Yesterday’s unshakeable truths — vaccines/lockdowns/masks good, 2020 election fair, Biden a bit slow but the best choice — are all disintegrating in real time.

Public policymaker response to COVID was a joke, election corruption is undeniable and the president’s news conference performance this week sealed the deal in a lot of minds that Biden cannot go on as president.
And then there’s the whole idea that Donald Trump as president was the worst thing to have ever happened to America.
Some have changed their minds on that. Big-time.

As in none other than actor/comedian Michael Rapaport who, despite vicious rants against Trump, now says he’s considering voting for him.
“There was no Trump critic who was more vicious or profane,” Rebel News publisher and Canadian conservative activist Ezra Levant tweeted of Michael Rapaport.
“This is the most shocking conversion I’ve ever seen,” Levant wrote.
In his tweet, Levant included a portion of the Thursday PBD podcast, in which co-host Adam Sosnick discussed with Rapaport the possibility of voting for Trump.
“At the end of the day,” Sosnick said, addressing Rapaport, “I’m a reasonable person. So like you said initially — I think I’m gonna consider this.”
“I’m considering it,” Rapaport responded. “But to pull that lever [to vote for Trump] — we don’t pull levers anymore — to actually pull that lever (pause) I’m gonna tell you right now, I won’t vote! I’m not voting for Biden, I’m not voting for Kamala.”
Quizzed by PBD co-hosts, Rapaport said among Democrats there was no one to vote for.
Oh boy, it looks like the right might have another d-list celebrity to latch onto. Unsurprisingly, it’s another crotchety old guy who cracked jokes about things he didn’t understand, which is a personality type that makes for an okay standup comedian, but a lousy political pundit.

On a related note, a friend invited me to go see Jimmy Dore last year - I had no idea who he was, but I’m down for most anything if there’s beer available. Turns out he’s one of those crotchety old guys who went from California lefty to California TrumpFan, and I found myself in a room full of suburban Magadonians the likes of which I’d only ever read about online. I’ve lived among the religious evangelical wing of conservatism for 40 years, but the irreligious college educated upper middle class Trumpy wing is completely foreign to me even though I’ve worked in the area of the venue for nearly a decade. It was kind of wild seeing all these intelligent-looking people laughing at (mostly not very funny) anti-vaxx jokes as if they weren’t built on really dumb strawmen, when I wasn’t sure how people like that could exist in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟101,338.00
Faith
Seeker
Good on him for realizing Biden is a bad president and acknowledging that that President Trump was not referring to white supremacists when he said "there were good people on both sides" at Charlottesville

But I think it is safe to assume that he knows Trump lied when he claim Dominion switched millions of votes. Only incredibly stupid people that live in a bubble don't know Trump lied when he claimed Dominion switched millions of votes.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The tide is turning. Biden's popularity continues to shrink while Trump's continues to expand.
lol, you keep telling yourself that

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good on him for realizing Biden is a bad president
Biden has not been a bad president. He managed a soft landing for Trump’s post-covid economy, got an infrastructure bill that Trump utterly failed to deliver, etc.
and acknowledging that that President Trump was not referring to white supremacists when he said "there were good people on both sides" at Charlottesville

And yet Steven Miller was and still is a part of Trump’s team.
But I think it is safe to assume that he knows Trump lied when he claim Dominion switched millions of votes. Only incredibly stupid people that live in a bubble don't know Trump lied when he claimed Dominion switched millions of votes.
He has lied so much more than that. Plus he instigated a failed insurrection.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The tide is turning. Biden's popularity continues to shrink while Trump's continues to expand.
Perhaps third time is a charm on winning a majority of the popular vote?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How are continuing trends contributing to the tide turning?

• Optimistic
Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I don't think he'd vote for trump but maybe not biden.

Seeing the names he uses? Nah....doubt it.

I like Rappaport but like any "ranter" they aren't known to embrace subtlety. So to threaten to take away your biden vote JUST DAYS after Republicans blocked border control measures is not a hot take that's worth much

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess we know who cares about Hollywood celebrities and their political opinions.
It’s always been the case. There have been considerably more celebrities who’ve gotten elected as Republicans than as Democrats, and typically to higher offices.

Other than Al Franken, I’m not seeing any Dems elected as celebrities (i.e. after they became famous, and not if they were only famous as kids) since Will Rogers in the 1920’s, whereas Republicans have had Reagan, Trump, Schwarzenegger, Sonny Bono, Clint Eastwood, and Fred Thompson.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s always been the case. There have been considerably more celebrities who’ve gotten elected as Republicans than as Democrats, and typically to higher offices.

Other than Al Franken, I’m not seeing any Dems elected as celebrities (i.e. after they became famous, and not if they were only famous as kids) since Will Rogers in the 1920’s, whereas Republicans have had Reagan, Trump, Schwarzenegger, Sonny Bono, Clint Eastwood, and Fred Thompson.
Where in the political spectrum did Jesse Ventura, the pro wrestler cum governor, fall?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Who is Michael Rapaport and why is his opinion important? Whoever he is, he can vote for Trump if he wants.
Indeed. He is just another American deciding to allow a proven fraudster, sexual abuser and 91 times criminally indicted old man to run the show. It almost looks as if he is preparing the way for a career in rightist politics, or looking for another minute of fame with his name in the news.

• Wow
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where in the political spectrum did Jesse Ventura, the pro wrestler cum governor, fall?
Libertarian who ran under the Reform Independence party. I left him off the list because he doesn’t fit the mold for either side, to put it mildly. ^_^

Upvote 0