Why Is It Bad If I Don't Get Vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
WHO is taking this position ?

Is it your position that taking advantage of any medical advice/treatment/vaccination ... is exalting the medical profession ... as God ?

I'm surprised God is even brought into consideration when it comes to medical treatment. The topic is irrelevant in this situation.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In point of fact, that scripture speaks of "good gifts" also ...

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."
All right. I can go with you that doctors can be a good gift. But you better not think they're perfect or that you're stupid if you think you can't question them. From some I see they're putting absolute faith in THEY the EXPERTS which would lead one to believe they esteem them on the same level as God himself. That's one line one doesn't want to cross.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An oldie but Goodie... Just Substitute "COVID 19" for Flood, and "Vaccine" for 2 Boats and Helicopter...

A farmer is in Iowa during a flood. The river is overflowing. Water is surrounding the farmer’s home up to his front porch. As he is standing there, a boat comes up. The man in the boat says, “Jump in, and I’ll take you to safety.”

The farmer crosses his arms and says stubbornly, “Oh no thanks, I put my trust in God.” The boat goes away. The water rises to the second story. Another boat comes up. The man says to the farmer, who is now at the second floor window, “Hurry, jump in. I’ll save you.”

The farmer again says, “Oh no thanks, I put my trust in God.”

The boat goes away. Now the water is inching over the roof. As the farmer stands on the roof, a helicopter comes over, and drops a ladder. The pilot yells down to the farmer, “I’ll save you. Climb the ladder.”

The farmer yells back, “Oh no thanks, I put my trust in God.”

The helicopter goes away. The water continues to rise and sweeps the farmer off the roof into the swiftly moving water. Unfortunately, he drowns.

The farmer goes to heaven. God sees him and says, “What are you doing here?”

The farmer says, “I put my trust in you, and you let me down.”

God says, “What do you mean, let you down? I sent you two boats and a helicopter!”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
“While fewer children than adults have suffered the most severe disease, this is not a benign disease in children,” the AAP said Monday. “Thousands of children have been hospitalized, and hundreds have died.”

AAP- American Academy Pediatrics

if one gets the vaccine, you're protecting your children & grandchildren until they're able to get vaccine

Hundreds!

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do. The chances of them being injured or dying in a car accident are far great than the chances of them getting sick or dying from COVID 19.

Good point. I think maybe the idea is to prevent kids from catching it and spreading it. But I haven't followed the news much on that. Thinking it over, I can understand hesitancy in getting your kids vaccinated with something that was rushed and is so new.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lets face it, this is a vaccine that was rushed, bypassed regular testing, and is brand new. I don't think people are being all that unreasonable in not trusting it. Since I'm 59 and have certain factors that put me at greater risk, I felt it was safer to get vaccinated. However if I were younger and didn't have those, I probably would have put it off. I didn't even ever get a flu shot until last year.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Lets face it, this is a vaccine that was rushed, bypassed regular testing, and is brand new. I don't think people are being all that unreasonable in not trusting it. Since I'm 59 and have certain factors that put me at greater risk, I felt it was safer to get vaccinated. However if I were younger and didn't have those, I probably would have put it off. I didn't even ever get a flu shot until last year.

I support anyone who desires to get this vaccine to be vaccinated and I support them getting their kids vaccinated. I am not anti-vax.

I do not support the public pressure campaign, stigmatization, workplace, or any kind of government mandates which would coerce people into compliance. From everything we know about this disease, it makes no sense from a public health standpoint to do such things. This disease is not a deadly disease. And it is not a disease that is able to be eradicated. Like the flu it will be with us forever as it continues to mutate. If you don't want to get COVID and you believe that your risk of getting COVID is mitigated by a vaccine, then by all means get the vaccine. But don't try to peddle the idea that your vaccinated life is in danger because I'm not vaccinated. That's just silly.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I support anyone who desires to get this vaccine to be vaccinated and I support them getting their kids vaccinated. I am not anti-vax.

I do not support the public pressure campaign, stigmatization, workplace, or any kind of government mandates which would coerce people into compliance. From everything we know about this disease, it makes no sense from a public health standpoint to do such things. This disease is not a deadly disease. And it is not a disease that is able to be eradicated. Like the flu it will be with us forever as it continues to mutate. If you don't want to get COVID and you believe that your risk of getting COVID is mitigated by a vaccine, then by all means get the vaccine. But don't try to peddle the idea that your vaccinated life is in danger because I'm not vaccinated. That's just silly.

Problem is, here is the kicker, that you'll probably be not allowed access to certain areas without having been vaccinated..OR...if not THAT then they'll simply make it difficult for you to achieve your goal.

But don't try to peddle the idea that your vaccinated life is in danger because I'm not vaccinated. That's just silly.

Actually, it's the other way around, it'll be you, the unvaccinated that'll be in danger.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God says, “What do you mean, let you down? I sent you two boats and a helicopter!”

Boom! Mic drop! One of my favorites, I'm sure even the Christians read this, "Oh, I remember that one...I just better get that vaccine!"

• Optimistic
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

From what I've heard, the major concern they're going with these days is hospitals and the healthcare system being overwhelmed. So the claim is they're trying to make it manageable along those lines. That coupled with if they are able to get it to a manageable level through vaccination, shutdowns can be lifted.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Problem is, here is the kicker, that you'll probably be not allowed access to certain areas without having been vaccinated..OR...if not THAT then they'll simply make it difficult for you to achieve your goal.

Yes I expect a lot of this kind of thing. Certainly won’t be able to travel internationally for a while. Maybe not be able to fly at all. Until some airline gets the fact that their policy is losing them money.

Actually, it's the other way around, it'll be you, the unvaccinated that'll be in danger.
Yeah I’m fine with that.

Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
So you got your vaccines and you still won't be safe until I get mine?

Vaccines don't prevent people from getting COVID, they help them fight it off meaning you have antibodies that stop the disease before it takes hold.

It doesn't mean you can't pass it on. And given that most of the vaccines are around 90% effective (compared with standard flu jabs at 70%), they don't guarantee that you won't come down with COVID.

Without the vaccine not only are you likely to suffer effects for yourself, but you are likely to pass it on to those who have regular contact with you - i.e. family/work/church etc.

So the more people that have the vaccine, the less likely it is to a) affect you and b) be passed on by you.

Both are good reasons to have a vaccine. Moreso if you are a Christian who is told to look after the temple of the Holy Spirit (i.e. your own body) and to love your neighbour (i.e. don't pass on disease if you can help it).

The only really valid excuse that those who love the Lord should have for not taking a vaccine is medical and if you are in that boat you probably want everyone else to take the vaccine so you can feel safer.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not support the public pressure campaign, stigmatization, workplace, or any kind of government mandates which would coerce people into compliance.

So you're against any sort of "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" policies then?

You're against any sort of Government mandate that Food Service companies/workers must wash their hands, mitigate pest infestation, wash their utensils, don't serve spoiled food, etc....?

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So you're against any sort of "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" policies then?

You're against any sort of Government mandate that Food Service companies/workers must wash their hands, mitigate pest infestation, wash their utensils, don't serve spoiled food, etc....?

Not necessarily. I am against public pressure campaigns specifically related to vaccines or other medicines.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

You wrote "This disease is not a deadly disease." 586,000 Americans have died from COVID-19; 3,380,000 people have died worldwide.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Why do you post an irrelevant, satirical Monty Python clip into this discussion? Do you think that 3,380,000 deaths is somehow funny? Have you discussed this with your priest?

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,099.00
Faith
Christian
I now believe if there is any risk of dying 1 out of 100 even if you are a youth you have to take vaccine otherwise you are tempting God because if covid can cause death in even 1 risk should not happen.

I can’t say whether God will forgive or not if person died while refusing vaccine only God knows if He will forgive from not knowing what one should do it is up to God for it may be God would always protect one from death if there is a chance they will be damned and if He let’s them die they will be saved only if they did not know what they should do and there is no indication they are at risk without it but I can’t say for sure so you have to assume you can’t tempt God.I am not aware vaccine can lead to risk of dying I heard some cause blood clots and should only be taken with blood clot medication and it will be safe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,099.00
Faith
Christian
I have not taken vaccine yet as I did not feel at risk and because I thought vaccine could cause harm but I decided if I don’t know that I should trust God to protect me if it is His will I live longer it can lead to saving lives and I should not because I am tempting God and I should not support a conspiracy theory that is false because people can be at risk of death if they don’t take vaccines it can save lives. And I should not put any ones life at risk.

I think if there is any risk of dying you should take vaccine because otherwise you are tempting God but if there is known risk with new vaccine that there is greater risk of dying with it than without it you should not take it because their aim may be to try to kill people by being inventors of new evil things

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.