Why do christian women only want tall guys?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes anything under 190cm is consider to be small nowdays. myself i am 185 cm which is average. why is average not enough anymore?

I think most women prefer tall men. It's not just Christian women.

Reactions: TheLastGeek
Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟96,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don’t think it’s unique to Christian women. I think women typically want men who are taller than them and men typically want women who are smaller than them. There’s exceptions, for sure, but I think having a partner who is bigger (for women) or smaller (for men) makes them feel more securely feminine or masculine, respectively. I’ve been told by Christian and non-Christian men I’m too tall all my life.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cute Peonies
Upvote 0

KJ91

Oct 9, 2022
Skåne
✟19,757.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don’t think it’s unique to Christian women. I think women typically want men who are taller than them and men typically want women who are smaller than them. There’s exceptions, for sure, but I think having a partner who is bigger (for women) or smaller (for men) makes them feel more securely feminine or masculine, respectively. I’ve been told by Christian and non-Christian men I’m too tall all my life.
taller than themself, sure. but why does a guy have to be very tall, like 190cm+ ? why is 185 cm, my lenght, not okay ? im not small.

how would you women feel if we guys recquired that women must be 140 cm tall ? thank God we guys are not shallow like women are

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
so how are guys that are under 190cm gonna get married?

That's something a lot of people face. But they usually and up getting married at some point. That it might be easier to attract women if you are tall doesn't mean it's impossible if you are not. Give it time.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,130.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes anything under 190cm is consider to be small nowdays. myself i am 185 cm which is average. why is average not enough anymore?
Where do you live, in the land of giants?

I see couples in which the woman is taller, in the streets, almost daily. But its a minority of couples, yes.

Its very rare to see a really small woman be with a very tall man. I cannot remember any such couple.

Most couples I see are similar in height or the man is taller, but not extremely.

If you are 185 cm tall, you are taller than the most of men.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terri Dactyl
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,543.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
185cm (6'1" for Americans :smile: ) is above average height for Swedish men: Average Height by Country 2023. And as a 188cm man who has been to Sweden, I definitely wouldn't have been counted as small amongst the people I encountered.

But I find it hard to believe that you're meeting women who are able to tell that you're not 190cm. People just aren't that accurate when it comes to estimating heights.

• Useful
Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,543.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
And I'll paste what I wrote in another thread recently:

I don't want to get into a "who has it worse" debate as I'll concede that short men may end up being rejected more often, but whenever the topic of height in dating comes up I have to wonder where these women are who are supposedly flocking to the tall men. I'm over 6' and struggle to get dates, both in real life and using apps. So even if women are judging men based their height, they are very definitely also using other criteria.

Reactions: TheLastGeek
Upvote 0

KJ91

Oct 9, 2022
Skåne
✟19,757.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Where do you live, in the land of giants?

I see couples in which the woman is taller, in the streets, almost daily. But its a minority of couples, yes.

Its very rare to see a really small woman be with a very tall man. I cannot remember any such couple.

Most couples I see are similar in height or the man is taller, but not extremely.

If you are 185 cm tall, you are taller than the most of men.
yes swedish men are very tall , i live in sweden

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,130.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yes swedish men are very tall , i live in sweden
I do not think your height is the real reason, you are average even for Sweden (so you are one of the tallest men on the planet).

But if its something that bothers you constantly, you may try to move to another country (or to find a girl from another country). I think that being successful, educated, optimistic, healthy and well groomed is more important to women, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In the US, they say it's 6 feet (182.88 cm), 6 figure salary, and 6-pack (fit enough for visible abs). 190 cm is of course, noticeably taller than that, and the average male height is between 5'9" and 5'10" (177 cm is just short of 5'10"). Yet, lots of guys under 6 feet tall get in relationships and get married here.

Your primary issue is not your height, it's your confidence. Perhaps Swedish women just don't like men like you, but if you move to a country where people are shorter, you've taken your lack of confidence with you. I know you need reasons to be confident, one of the things you can do is learn to take compliments from people, and believe they might be on to something rather than instinctively shoot it down. I don't have the complete cure, but I at least can recognize the real problem and that is step #1.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And I'll paste what I wrote in another thread recently:

I don't want to get into a "who has it worse" debate as I'll concede that short men may end up being rejected more often, but whenever the topic of height in dating comes up I have to wonder where these women are who are supposedly flocking to the tall men. I'm over 6' and struggle to get dates, both in real life and using apps. So even if women are judging men based their height, they are very definitely also using other criteria.
There's always something. In college I envied shorter men because it was easier for them to achieve a muscular physique. Their limbs weren't as long, making them look more buff than me even if they weren't as physically strong. Also, most of the male celebrities that women had crushes on back then were short to average in stature. I shouldn't have envied them, but our society tends to push the idea that somebody somewhere else has it better than us, in order to sew seeds of doubt or sell us crap that we don't need.

That said, I've gotten to the point where I distrust most of what I read online anyway. Just think about how easy it would be for one troll farm to foist this height agenda onto the developed world. As another tactic to destabilize the West or whatever. The best lies, the best disinformation, usually has some truth to it. Accept that kernel of truth within the context they provide, and you risk accepting the lies along with it.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guilty!! I dont know why! I suspect because I am considered tall myself 5'8" and ( now that I think about it) I feel a sense of security and safety. Sorry.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't accept the premise. 190 cm and 185 are both over 6 ft tall; I'm 5'7" and my problem is avoiding marriage!

Upvote 0