✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Sometimes I feel like the enemy has stolen health from Christians. I have attended many churches and every one I've been to I saw they feed people things like donuts, cakes, chips, etc. A lot of sugar and bad foods. I think it is important to be aware of what we are putting into our bodies. A lot of the foods that are out today aren't even foods, but chemically produced with loads of preservatives. I struggle with maintaining a healthy diet, and I wish there were more churches who appreciated the importance of health and diet. How come a healthy lifestyle and diet isn't as talked about in Christian circles?

• Agree
Reactions: Job3315

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Sometimes I feel like the enemy has stolen health from Christians. I have attended many churches and every one I've been to I saw they feed people things like donuts, cakes, chips, etc. A lot of sugar and bad foods. I think it is important to be aware of what we are putting into our bodies. A lot of the foods that are out today aren't even foods, but chemically produced with loads of preservatives. I struggle with maintaining a healthy diet, and I wish there were more churches who appreciated the importance of health and diet. How come a healthy lifestyle and diet isn't as talked about in Christian circles?
"For lack of knowledge (spiritual truth and physical also)
"My people (not just the worldly) perish ! "

Why ? How many times in God's Word is it written the whole world is deceived,
and also by whom it is deceived ?

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Food has nothing to do with following Christ.
So ? Or rather, who was talking about following Christ ?
Many who claim to follow Christ, in many countries,
are sick and dying because of the food (and water, and drugs) they take.

Many who do not claim to follow Christ, in many countries,

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So ? Or rather, who was talking about following Christ ?
Many who claim to follow Christ, in many countries,

Many who do not claim to follow Christ, in many countries,
Yes but its not sinful to eat food.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True, but there is food wisdom to be had from the Bible, just as there is money wisdom.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
True, but there is food wisdom to be had from the Bible, just as there is money wisdom.
Not exactly. But yes , wisdom from Scripture is best,
and wisdom and knowledge from experienced doctors and scientists in line with all that God Says
is or can be helpful to those who learn .......

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only money wisdom taught by God in the NC is that its better to give than receive. I believe false teachers are teaching the "laws" of money but they are actually forsaking the truth which is that God will take care of us if we seek the kingdom. I believe they pervert the truth. Look in matthew 6 for example, the Lord said that if we give it will be given to us, and prosperity preachers say this refers to money but it doesnt. It refers only to judgment and how we judge others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only money wisdom taught by God in the NC is that its better to give than receive.
I do not have a "Prosperity Doctrine" background, but there is plenty of financial wisdom to be found in Proverbs.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
How come a healthy lifestyle and diet isn't as talked about in Christian circles?

Probably because they don't know all that much about it collectively. I thought I knew all about it at one point, then I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes almost 3 months ago. At that point I got serious about learning for the first time.

I'm a 'meat and potatoes' guy turned vegan literally over night. I've lost almost 25 pounds since the beginning of May and no longer need my afternoon naps. Looking good, feeling better, and managing my condition without medication. Truth is, even if the Church was talking all about it, I probably would have never listened anyway.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They dont talk about it because food doesn't make one pure.
Yes but its not sinful to eat food.
I have no idea what you are talking about or why you feel the need to say all this when it has nothing to do with what I wrote. But I will say this, if you deny that eating healthy foods and avoiding bad things that can make you sick and bring harm to your body (a temple of the holy spirit) does not bring you further in your walk with God and increases your well-being, you are incredibly foolish and following the world rather than Christ.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is food wisdom in the NC.
For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude;
God did NOT create high-fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors that are produced in factories, so it is not good. He created fruits and vegetables as it was in the garden of Eve, and he created animals (meat) which we are allowed to eat now.

Upvote 0