Where do you stand?

Where do you stand?

• I am a Calvinist (TULIP)

• I am an Arminian (FCURF)

• I am a four-point Calvinist (I reject "Limited Atonement")

• I am a four-point Arminian (I reject "Falling from Grace")

• Huh? Wilikers! I am undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioustinos

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by SnuP
I went three months without comitting a single sin, not because I was trying to do anything, or make any discisions, but because God drew me unto Himself, and I followed.  He wooed me, and I trusted Him.

Really:rolleyes: I would disagree :sorry:

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I went three months without comitting a single sin, not because I was trying to do anything, or make any discisions, but because God drew me unto Himself, and I followed.  He wooed me, and I trusted Him.

You went three months without having one sinful thought, without doing one sinful thing?  Yeah.  Okay.  Well, if that's true, which I don't believe, no offense, praise God.

Just so you know, when you say, "I trusted Him" that means that you did make a decision.  In fact, you made the decision to trust Him every time you were tempted to sin.  Believe me, if you went three months without sinning it wasn't because "you trusted Him" it was because He kept you from sinning.

God bless

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I went three months without comitting a single sin

I'm sorry dude.  The more I think about this the more ridiculously outlandish it sounds. :eek:  I've never known anyone, ANYONE, who went a whole week without commiting a sin, and I've known some people who are very mature Christians.  Even if I thought it was possible for a person to go three months without sinning, which I don't, it seems way arrogant to espouse that.  I'm not even sure how you could feel like you were being honest while you were typing it in.  What did you do, keep track?  That sounds pretty sinfully prideful to begin with.

God bless

Upvote 0

ThatOneGuy

Nov 25, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
✟149.00
Faith
Protestant
I went three months without comitting a single sin

Hahaha, how does one keep track of this? I can't even begin to imagine... :D

Maybe it's an unhealthy attitude, but I'm always thinking I've been sinning without even knowing it, beyond the stuff I'm sure is sin...

/p

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
My pastor went three weeks without sinning and the only reason that he has a number is because of the experience that he was having with God lasted that long. Normally he doesn't keep track. Niether do I. But the circumstance surounding my experience was enough for me to notice.

I don't care how many of you believe what I say, but it is still true, and none of you are in a position to judge it or its validity.

You probably won't believe me when I tell you that I've rebuked the wind and rain and seen them obey. Or how I went there years without getting rained on even though I rode a bike to work, 10 miles both ways. Or how I've prophesied to people and seen them healed and have had God reveal their inner most fears to me so that they could be delivered. There are many things that I have experience that you probably won't believe. But that does not matter since none of you are in a position to judge them.

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand, my  desire for what.

To glorify God.  I think you have the absolute wierdest testimony about your faith and the things that happen but I was just saying that if your desire is to magnify the glory of God then I admire that, regardless of how some of these things you're saying sound.

God bless

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Once while rebuking some demons I saw in the spirit realm, the throne of God. There He asked me to clarify my motives about someone I was praying for. He help me see something about myself. Then I asked Him for the hand of the woman I loved. She was dating someone else and lived 300 miles away. I had started my relationship with her by asking permission to date her from God. He gave me three prophesies as proof of His positive answer,all of which came true. Now I was asking again, and He gave it. A year later we were married.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I'm having a great time reading through all this stuff. And I want to commend both Reformationist and SnuP for keeping things so interesting.

SnuP, those are great testimonies. You've told me before, the testimony of your bicycle riding days. God is so good. And He said in John 14:12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father." Also, Mark 16:17, 18 "And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serepents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Regarding those times of sinlessness . . .surely there was some type of reaction from those around you?  Were there any comments from people who know you, especially your wife?  I'm not saying your normally really bad or anything, I would just assume that there would be some very noticible things.  :scratch:  Can you share any reactions from other people? (Hopefully you know what I mean.)

Reformationist, I'm still getting over being miffed (just kidding) :D over your comment that my post was irrelevent. I looked up the word "tangent" in the dictionary and that's what it means. I thought my comments were very relevent but, Oh well. Sometimes what I'm thinkin' in my head does not make it's way to the paper the same way I'm thinkin' it. I did'nt know what else to say. So, I've just been following the bouncing posts. :D

Bye for now,

Quaffer

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I wasn't married at the time, but I was drawn deeper into the word. In fact I spent alot of time in the word during that period. I noticed that God's voice was very clear, and that the gifts were very active. I spent more time ministering to people, and people remarked at how much I was a blessing to them alot. One person told me that I inspired him to seek God on a deeper level. He is a minister now. It was a wonderful time. I need to get back there. It wasn't about wether or not I was sinning or striving to keep the law or trying to be righteous in anyway. It was just about touching God, and staying there, getting as much of Him as possible. The sinlessness was just a byproduct of that striving to be in Him. The thing that brought all of that to a hault was pride. And the thing that keeps me from getting back to that place is condemnation and fear. I guess that isn't very wise. I only feel that way because I feel as though I lost something that one should never lose, and I'm afraid that I just lose it again.

But I will get back there. God has promised it to me. He has promised Himself to me.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I believe that all of you doubters out there are responding that way because you are lock into a mindset that says man will never reach perfection, he will always fail. But is God is perfect and I am living in God (living in His perfection) and he is living in me (His perfection is living in me), then His perfection should be normal, not abnormal.

Upvote 0

stumpsitting101

Dec 30, 2002
Ala.
Visit site
✟775.00
Faith
Protestant
Hi SnuP: If this happened to you, then I say "Praise the Lord". I will not evaluated your experiences by mine. I will state this: (With not pun intended) If the Holy Spirit, which raised Christ from the dead dwells in you, and He didn't blow the whistle that sin has taken place, then one of two things happened, either there was no sin or we don't hear the whistle. No pun toward you.
Blessings
Ken

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by stumpsitting101
Hi SnuP: If this happened to you, then I say "Praise the Lord". I will not evaluated your experiences by mine. I will state this: (With not pun intended) If the Holy Spirit, which raised Christ from the dead dwells in you, and He didn't blow the whistle that sin has taken place, then one of two things happened, either there was no sin or we don't hear the whistle. No pun toward you.
Blessings
Ken
   I apreciate you being graceous rather then quick to reject.  As I said on a previous post, my ability to hear God increased, but so did my desire to please Him.

One question to the rest of you who can't even except the possibility of my experience.  How is it possible for a person to commit any sin if he is remaining in the presence of God?

1 Cor. 1:

29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
1 Jn 3:9 (YLT)

5 and ye have known that he was manifested that our sins he may take away, and sin is not in him;
6 every one who is remaining in him doth not sin; every one who is sinning, hath not seen him, nor known him.
7 Little children, let no one lead you astray; he who is doing the righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous,
8 he who is doing the sin, of the devil he is, because from the beginning the devil doth sin; for this was the Son of God manifested, that he may break up the works of the devil;
9 every one who hath been begotten of God, sin he doth not, because his seed in him doth remain, and he is not able to sin, because of God he hath been begotten.

well, we can take this as it is at face value, and strive towards it, rather than just hold on to the 'traditional' interpretation that it's only talking abt a lifestyle of sin or habitual sinning.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by Andrew
1 Jn 3:9 (YLT)

5 and ye have known that he was manifested that our sins he may take away, and sin is not in him;
6 every one who is remaining in him doth not sin; every one who is sinning, hath not seen him, nor known him.
7 Little children, let no one lead you astray; he who is doing the righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous,
8 he who is doing the sin, of the devil he is, because from the beginning the devil doth sin; for this was the Son of God manifested, that he may break up the works of the devil;
9 every one who hath been begotten of God, sin he doth not, because his seed in him doth remain, and he is not able to sin, because of God he hath been begotten.

well, we can take this as it is at face value, and strive towards it, rather than just hold on to the 'traditional' interpretation that it's only talking abt a lifestyle of sin or habitual sinning.

Maybe I jumped in at the wrong time, because I haven't read the rest of the posts on this thread.

Is this verse talking about us, or talking about Jesus. Think about it, Paul talked about "it is no longer I that sinneth but sin that dwelleth in me."  And Jesus said in the map for prayer(the Lords prayer) it talked about asking for forgiveness and forgiving others.

And if you look at these verses it says "he is not "able" to sin" and "his seed is in him", and "everyone who is begotten of God".

I don't think that this passage is talking about us, but I don't have my bible here to study those verses in more detail.

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I just took a look at some of the other posts, and now I know somewhat, what you people are speaking of.

Who is our cornerstone?
What does it mean to keep our eye on Jesus?
The bible talks about "I can do all things throuht Christ who strengthens me".
If we can't help but sin, then wouldn't that make God's word a lie, since He said that "no one is tempted more than he can withstand, God always leaves away for escape"
If we can't help but sin wouldn't that make it God's fault?

Is it better to think that a sin free life is possible, or to believe that we are in defeat and that we can't help but to sin?

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sunstone,

it is quite clear that the verses are refering to us

"6 every one who is remaining in him doth not sin;"

it does not mean

"6every Jesus who is remaining in Jesus doth not sin"

makes no sense right? it says everyone who abides in Christ.
I truly believe it is possible to live sin free, at least for periods of time, even if it is just 1 or 2 days. Afterall, the Bible is always telling us to be free from the evil desires and deeds of the world, to seek after purity, righteousness, IOW to be sin-free. And I dont think God was just dreaming up of some utopia condition that no Christian can ever come close too. It wldnt be fair or logical for the Bible to exhort us towards things that arent even possible or "realistic" in the first place. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.