Where do you stand?

Where do you stand?

• I am a Calvinist (TULIP)

• I am an Arminian (FCURF)

• I am a four-point Calvinist (I reject "Limited Atonement")

• I am a four-point Arminian (I reject "Falling from Grace")

• Huh? Wilikers! I am undecided.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I agree with you that man's will is in bondage to sin. That is why man can't seem to do anything good. But God is good and just, therefore He is not going to steal something back from man. He gave man the authority over the earth. But the authority is going to be given back to God, and then He will judge the earth. To say that God still has authority over the earth is to say that God is a thief. God honors His promise even if man fails. Jesus is the perfect picture of this process. There would never have been a need for Jesus coming if man didn't have authority to destroy himself and the earth. Jesus is God's answer to man's fallen state.

In every example of God performing His will there has always been a man of God standing in agreement.
This is something that you can not disprove.

1. Abraham
2. the men of Isreal
3. Moses
4. Joshua
5. Jeremiah
6. Isaiah

Here is some interesting scriptures that support the idea that God has given His authority to men.

Matt. 9:8

Luke 4:6
Notice what Satan says to Jesus. Jesus of course can't disagree, because that authority had been given to satan by a man. But the question must be asked, If Jesus is God and God has all authority, then why would this be a tempation? The answer is that God does not have authority over the earth, or even over man's will, unless someone gives it back to Him.

John 5:27
Jesus says here that He has authority to judge men, and the earth, because He is the son of man. If God had this authority then why does Jesus use the phrase son of man as His reason for having this authority? The reason is because God gave this authority to man and the sons of man, meaning Adam and his decendants.

If God had all authority on earth, then why did he need to let His Son die? Why was God constranded by the law? Could not God operate outside of the natural inorder to save man? Why was God so limited?

Upvote 0

Luchnia

Jul 19, 2003
✟1,127.00
Snup, you are messing around with something that most of these folks here would not have a clue about. However, it seems you do understand much of it and it certainly makes for a good topic to discuss.

The very fact that man is sovereign over the earth and has total dominion evades many. I am oft amazed at how people pray to God to do something He has already given them authority to do. It makes you wonder what they read and what they use for understanding. Then when nothing happens, they come up with some garbage like, "God answers prayers by saying 'No' somtimes." Yet, the Word opposes this man made concept completely, except for those that are not in align with God's word. They need not expect anything for their many words.

The fact man has authority ultimately shows God's sovereignity and wisdom above all things. Keep pressing, there is much more to find in your journey.

I was pondering the poll at the intro of this thread and wondered why there wasn't a catagory for just "Christian?" It seems you either get to be calvinite or arminianite. I choose Christ and Him crucified and rose again from the dead. I guess that just makes me a Christian. Hey, what a concept!

Word up!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.