Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's a message from our lady. Dont shoot the messenger...

Just like how "our Lady" told some random women in France that if they didn't build a shrine to her, her son would wipe out the village. Sounds just her.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A blindspot indeed. Nationalism and pride is the sins of the east and theyre not much better of than we are in the west.
Selfrighteousness is a serious sin fyi.

Nationalism is a sin? Pride doesn't exist in the west? Rome isn't self righteous?

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sooo, God isnt know for making use or poor and marginalized people...?

By threatening that if they don't build a shrine to the Theotokos he will wipe out their families? No I don't think he's known for that one, at least not in the east.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You ask me...
Yes, I do.
Read the apparition more carefully, it will benefit you :)
Oh I'm quite familiar with the legend surrounding the lordes apparition. It's quite strange and not anything I would expect from the mother of God. Vague strange commands, lack of answers, mixed with an agenda seemingly independent of Christ.

If you look at the times she appeared in the East, it was always for a clear goal, and always to pull the focus to Christ and not herself.

All the parts where she is smiling and laughing just does not sit well with me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟611,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A blindspot indeed. Nationalism and pride is the sins of the east and theyre not much better of than we are in the west.
Selfrighteousness is a serious sin fyi.

again, it's not a blindspot when we don't deny it's a problem that many Orthodox have.

and it's not self-righteous to say that Rome has not kept the faith given to the Apostles if they have added to it and altered it. and from the Orthodox POV they have.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
again, it's not a blindspot when we don't deny it's a problem that many Orthodox have.

and it's not self-righteous to say that Rome has not kept the faith given to the Apostles if they have added to it and altered it. and from the Orthodox POV they have.

Like you say, its the 'Orthodox' point of view.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
All the protestants groups are daughters and granddaughters and great granddaughters of Rome.
SSPX, Old Catholics, Anglicans, Lutherans, Presbyterians are all offshoots of the Pope's religion.
Then you have uniates who dislike the pope but like his money and western political clout. The bottom line is western christianity is not of the apostles it's a heresy.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Like you say, its the 'Orthodox' point of view.

yeah, seeing as how this is the Orthodox forum and I am an Orthodox Christian, it makes sense that's the POV I would give.

and if you disagree with our view of Rome, you could ask about it, swoop in with a needless and poor attempt at sarcasm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This fighting is strange, fascinating, funny and sad all at the same time to me, as a Christian raised Presbyterian (not sure what denomination I'd identify with now). You're both arguing over which group is more heretical and that your own group is the real Church. Meanwhile, IMO, there are many, many Christians who are neither Catholic nor Orthodox that are firm believers in Christ despite not keeping or knowing about some tradition or doctrine or interpretation or another. I'm pretty sure Paul spoke against such divisions as what we see in the world today, and I think it's disgusting. Since neither side seems to want to budge and give up some certain tenets to unite under one group, why not simply respect each other's differences in beliefs? I think it's arrogant to assume one group of people has it figured out. When Christ returns He'll probably call out every one of us for "being in error", but forgive us because He is merciful and if we love Him truly we can never distort His teachings enough to lead people away from the Kingdom.

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The oldest protestant daughter of the church is Eastern Orthodoxy, that's actually the truth.
Humbert slapped the Bull of excommunication on the altar during the liturgy in Hagia Sophia and Rome followed him into schism from the East. That's actually the truth.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Orthodoxy is a rather humorous title for such a rebellious communion seeing how disobedience is in fact very heterodox in its very nature.
What would be the response if someone from TAW posted something like this in OBOB regarding Catholicism?
You are violating the rules of CF in general, let alone the specific rules for TAW. Perhaps you should take a break and reflect on your attitude.

Upvote 0

Varangian Christian

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Nova Scotia
✟53,830.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The glorification of Russia and her crimes. Putin is a defender of the church and the big enemy is the western world and the Catholics (in good old Tsar Ivan Xs style).

If you fail to recognize this at least in the Russian church then I cant help you.

I am not Russian so I do not know all the political intricacies and views of its people, nor am I yet truly Orthodox as I have not been able to begin the catechumen period due to living a great distance from any Orthodox church. So please, do not address me with such arrogance and disdain as if I should know better. Make your case in honest discussion and we may have a meaningful dialogue.

From what I have seen Putin is very much a defender of the Church. The west, meaning its governments, secular philosophy and academia and much of its population, is an enemy of Christianity. The west is a godless and secular land, even its Christians living lives cut off from anything sacred. I do not know the exact moral state of Russia but from what i can tell the Church still has authority and honor and its people still live by traditional principles (family, anti-sodomy, etc). As for Roman Catholics many, many people both Orthodox and not see them as an enemy. While you may disagree with this view I do not see how it is a sin for Putin to be anti-RC.

Now tell me how Nationalism is a sin. I am a staunch Nationalist for Scriptural and logical reasons. I believe globalism, not nationalism, is a sin and tool of the Devil.

Upvote 0