Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
that's just not true. there are Irish Catholic parishes which banned German Catholics simply because they weren't Irish Catholics, and let's not open what Byzantine Catholics have had to endure.

there is nothing that you can point at us that we can't point right back. simply having a Pope hasn't really helped for actual unity.

Interesting comment when I think of what the Eastern Catholic parishes in America had to endure for over 100 years.

Unity for Rome means becoming Roman. End of discussion.

And if you doubt this, think of the ARROGANCE of still saying that we should pray for the conversion of Russia! Russia is not exactly holy, but it is a far sight better than what the Roman Church has to offer.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was perviously told on the Orthodox forum that I was one.

unless you have been formally enrolled as one, you are an inquirer.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Interesting comment when I think of what the Eastern Catholic parishes in America had to endure for over 100 years.

And if you doubt this, think of the ARROGANCE of still saying that we should pray for the conversion of Russia! Russia is not exactly holy, but it is a far sight better than what the Roman Church has to offer.

and it's not from older history. Fr David Kirk became Orthodox because of pressure from the Latin bishop when he was in Harlem in the 90's.

Reactions: RobNJ
Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and it's not from older history. Fr David Kirk became Orthodox because of pressure from the Latin bishop when he was in Harlem in the 90's.

Not to forget St. Alexis Toth of Wilkes-Barre

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single

It's a message from our lady. Dont shoot the messenger...

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
correct, I only mentioned Fr David because he is a more recent example.
St. Alexis was a contender for a Chrismation Name... One day after my birthday, and from the Austro-Hungarian Empire (which still existed, when Oma & Opa were born there)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
St. Alexis was a contender for a Chrismation Name... One day after my birthday, and from the Austro-Hungarian Empire (which still existed, when Oma & Opa were born there)

nice

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Exactly! I seriously doubt that the Theotokos would be in favor of a downgrade!

agreed, plus once Rome became more cozy to the East, what was meant by Russian conversion changed.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
agreed, plus once Rome became more cozy to the East, what was meant by Russian conversion changed.

That's our sin, we shouldn't have altered anything to get friendly with a church that despises us anyway.
Russia should be concentrated to the Lady by the pope and as long as we refuse to do this a lots of new difficulties will arise.
When the blessed lady ask you something; just do it!

Sadenst thing that John Paul ii failed to do this :(

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That's our sin, we shouldn't have altered anything to get friendly with a church that despises us anyway.
Russia should be concentrated to the Lady by the pope and as long as we refuse to do this a lots of new difficulties will arise.

we don't despise Rome. Russia has loved the Mother of God long before those apparitions happened.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Most Orthodox do not despise Rome. We just hate to see Christianity falling apart in the west.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Problem is that it does so in the east aswell, its just a blindspot to you guys which is sad.
The beast is the same, but the appearance differs...
I don't think there is really a comparison. Orthodoxy remains unchanged while Catholicism bows to protestant trends. Russia is a strongly Orthodox as ever, as are the Balkans. Western Orthodoxy is growing as well. Greece could use work but it's only in the situation it's in because of economic pressure from the EU to secularize.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Problem is that it does so in the east aswell, its just a blindspot to you guys which is sad.
The beast is the same, but the appearance differs...

Orthodoxy hasn't fallen at all, and it's not a blindspot since we know people have fallen away from the faith, try to change the faith, aren't struggling to live the Christian life, etc. we have those folks in spades.

the difference is, unlike Rome, the faith has been maintained and preserved in spite of our idiocy.

• Agree
Reactions: ☦Marius☦
Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I thought about him too, almost picked him at one point

Upvote 0