Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If anything, if I'm going to be intellectually honest here, by using Ezekiel 38 and 39 to determine the timing of the thousand years, these two chapters would prove the thousand years would have to before armageddon, not after it.

What I find interesting, regardless that I'm Premil, is this. It appears that Revelation 20 chronologically follows Revelation 19. If Ezekiel 38 have the events of Revelation 20 in mind, and Ezekiel 39 have the events of Revelation 19 in mind, this seems to indicate, that since Ezekiel 38 precedes ch 39, that might mean the thousand years and satan's little season both precede the events of Revelation 19 then, that chapter meaning the 2nd coming. Have to admit, in the event this might be the case, this is a pretty brilliant way to hide this in plain site, so to speak.

Even though there are a lot of things that don't add up to me about Amil, there are still things that do though. This being one example of one of them. Unfortunately though, very few, if any Amils, would even think to use Ezekiel 38 and 39 to try and prove their position.

If you are going to be intellectually honest,then what is the name of the war which the earth heels from before Gog invades Israel?

What is the name of this war in ezekiel 38:8 which takes place before Gog invades Israel?

https://biblehub.com/ezekiel/38-8.htm

Must be a devastating war that even the earth itself has to recover from.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are going to be intellectually honest,then what is the name of the war which the earth heels from before Gog invades Israel?

What is the name of this war in ezekiel 38:8 which takes place before Gog invades Israel?

The thing is, to begin with I don't think Ezekiel 38 is meaning after the thousand years, though I believe that Ezekiel 39 is meaning before. But if I did believe that though, about Ezekiel 38 and Revelation 20, that tends to prove a position such as Amil, rather than Premil. The majority of the events in Ezekiel 38 and 39 happen in this age, thus precede the 2nd coming, while some of the events occur during the 2nd coming, and some occur after the 2nd coming. The burning of weapons for 7 years, for example, this is meaning after the 2nd coming.

As to the intellectually honest part, I was only meaning that in regards to me, thus wasn't projecting that on someone else. But meaning, me, if I am to be intellectually honest here, if Revelation 20 means Ezekiel 38, and Revelation 19 means Ezekiel 39, this tends to prove Amil rather than Premil. And then I provided reasons why. I haven't switched to Amil or anything, nor have any plans to do so in the near future, but was only providing an honest opinion, in the event Revelation 20 means Ezekiel 38, and Revelation 19 means Ezekiel 39.

As to the name of the war per Ezekiel 38:8, I don't know the name of it, but one thing I do know is this.

Ezekiel 38:23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

It is ludicrous that this could be meaning a thousand years after Jesus had already returned. Look what the text says---and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

They would not already know that though, the fact Jesus, who Himself is the Lord God, that He is the LORD? There's no reasonable logic to that, that God Himself would have been physically present on the planet for an entire thousand years, but during this same thousand years the following isn't even true yet----and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The thing is, to begin with I don't think Ezekiel 38 is meaning after the thousand years, though I believe that Ezekiel 39 is meaning before. But if I did believe that though, about Ezekiel 38 and Revelation 20, that tends to prove a position such as Amil, rather than Premil. The majority of the events in Ezekiel 38 and 39 happen in this age, thus precede the 2nd coming, while some of the events occur during the 2nd coming, and some occur after the 2nd coming. The burning of weapons for 7 years, for example, this is meaning after the 2nd coming.

As to the intellectually honest part, I was only meaning that in regards to me, thus wasn't projecting that on someone else. But meaning, me, if I am to be intellectually honest here, if Revelation 20 means Ezekiel 38, and Revelation 19 means Ezekiel 39, this tends to prove Amil rather than Premil. And then I provided reasons why. I haven't switched to Amil or anything, nor have any plans to do so in the near future, but was only providing an honest opinion, in the event Revelation 20 means Ezekiel 38, and Revelation 19 means Ezekiel 39.

As to the name of the war per Ezekiel 38:8, I don't know the name of it, but one thing I do know is this.

Ezekiel 38:23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

It is ludicrous that this could be meaning a thousand years after Jesus had already returned. Look what the text says---and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

They would not already know that though, the fact Jesus, who Himself is the Lord God, that He is the LORD? There's no reasonable logic to that, that God Himself would have been physically present on the planet for an entire thousand years, but during this same thousand years the following isn't even true yet----and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

What is the name of the war which the earth rrecovers from before Gog invades israel?

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

https://biblehub.com/kjv/ezekiel/38-10.htm

Why does an evil thought enter Gogs mind?WHerr does this evil thought come from?
All the answers are there.

https://biblehub.com/revelation/20-8.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What is the name of the war which the earth rrecovers from before Gog invades israel?

Both Ezekiel 38 and 39 have Gog invading Israel, yet you are only providing a verse from ch 38. Why? Both chapters are referring to the same events as far as I can tell. There's not two separate attacks on Israel between those two chapters, thousand of years apart.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Both Ezekiel 38 and 39 have Gog invading Israel, yet you are only providing a verse from ch 38. Why? Both chapters are referring to the same events as far as I can tell. There's not two separate attacks on Israel between those two chapters, thousand of years apart.

Ok.both 38-39 are about the same invasion.Now what is the name of the war which the earth recovers from before Gog invades Israel in 38-39?

What is the name of this war which precedes Gogs invasion?

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Care to provide those 7 times so that we can see for ourselves whether this might be true or not? Just provide the links to the passages you feel supports this. No need to have to paste the entire passages, just the chapter and verse links. Or if you have a link to a site that already has done this, that link will be fine as well. Don't care to look at any videos on YouTube though. Not all of us have unlimited BW.
Here's the end of the world in Revelation multiple times.
Revelation 6:12-17

Revelation 11:15 - 19

Revelation 14:14-20

Revelation 16: 17-21

Revelation 19: 1-6

Revelation 19: 20-21

Revelation 20: 7-15

Revelation 21: 1-5

The thousand years of Revelation 20 I see as being the church era in that Satan is unable to be with us physically. He can only attack us spiritually. That will change in the last days. Clearly the 1000 years are symbolic; its been more than a thousand years since the church era began.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I look at it this way.

You guys are either way to far ahead of the events which will happen in the future for them to ever be figured out.

Or

You guys are way to late because they have already taken place in the forgotten past, and we, we are left trying to figure it all out.

No one knows where we are in Gods' timing of His events, and not until He wants us to know we wont.

Th 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1Th 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
1Th 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Th 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
1Th 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

1Co. 10:11
Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Who was Paul talking to.....US?

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
https://biblehub.com/revelation/20-2.htm

He is bound as Christ declared (Matthew 12:29; comp. Colossians 2:15). A thousand years was the length at which Rabbis fixed the duration of Messiah's kingdom. The period is not to be understood literally (see next verse).

Next, what is meant by "for a thousand years"? The best interpretation seems to be that this phrase expresses a quality, and does not express a period of time. That such a method of employing numbers is usual in the Apocalypse we have frequently seen (see on Revelation 1:4, "seven;" Revelation 13:1, "ten," etc.). Here, therefore, as in Revelation 7:4, "one thousand" signifies "completeness." Satan is bound "for a thousand years;" that is, Satan is completely bound. In Ezekiel (from which the following part of the vision is certainly derived) a similar use is made of the terms "seven years" (Ezekiel 39:9) and "seven months" (Ezekiel 39:12). But, again, in what sense can Satan be said to have been "completely" bound by our Lord's work of redemption? The answer is - In relation to the godly.

Verses 2, 3. - And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan. These titles are an exact repetition of Revelation 12:9 (which see). And bound him a thousand years, and cast him into the bottomless pit. The abyss, as we have seen (on ver. 1), is the present abode of Satan; the act of binding, therefore, is now over. This fact opposes the interpretation which makes "the thousand years" yet in the future. When, then, did this binding take place? Only one answer can be given. It was when Christ bruised the serpent's head by his act of redemption. Thus, "Christ was manifested that he might destroy the works of the devil" (1 John 3:8); "Now shall the prince of this world be cast out."

• Agree
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Care to provide those 7 times so that we can see for ourselves whether this might be true or not? Just provide the links to the passages you feel supports this. No need to have to paste the entire passages, just the chapter and verse links. Or if you have a link to a site that already has done this, that link will be fine as well. Don't care to look at any videos on YouTube though. Not all of us have unlimited BW.
Better yet, study the Recapitulation view of Revelation. You will learn more. This is the view presented in the oldest commentary on Revelation ever found. Instead of Revelation being sequential, it is a group of 7 narratives giving different views of the same events from the time of Christ to the end of the world. Just as the gospels provide 4 views of the same events.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No where in revelation is the end of the world called armegeddon.According,g to the word of God in revelation16:16,Armageddon isthe name of a place.Not the name of an event.

Perhaps you've read Armegeddon is an event somewhere outside of the bible.
“And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.” (Revelation 16:16–21)

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
https://biblehub.com/revelation/20-2.htm

When is Satan bound?
Before or after Armageddon?

Satan was bound for killing Jesus, that is my understanding. And then loosed after a 1000 years, thus the dark ages began which is notable. I don't take the book of Revelation as sequential unless stated as sequential.

around Revelation 19:16 speaks of the Lord's coming, Jesus the Christ, which already happened. At least that's my interpretation.

In Revelation 17:1 he states that he begins a chronological order about the harlot, and we can assume that it begins from the beginning of time and the origin of mankind, so the start of the chronology might be well before Jesus was born.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Better yet, study the Recapitulation view of Revelation. You will learn more. This is the view presented in the oldest commentary on Revelation ever found. Instead of Revelation being sequential, it is a group of 7 narratives giving different views of the same events from the time of Christ to the end of the world. Just as the gospels provide 4 views of the same events.
Just to add, within his Gospel, seven signs, seven feasts....seven discourses. who'da thunk?

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Christian theology tells us that Satan and the rebellious angels were defeated and tossed out of heaven in pre-history. It seems like this was just an armistice. If they are still actively working against God today, they were not really defeated. Then Satan was defeated again on the cross at Calvary. But he is still active in the world. Was Satan defeated or not? Do we really have this story straight?
Out of the third heaven. And soon to be cast down to earth from the second heaven.

Satan was defeated in his bid to destroy the human race by sin, when Jesus died on the cross and came back to life, overcoming the world, the flesh, the devil.

In Revelation 12, when Satan will be cast down to earth, having accused the Jews for centuries for rejecting Jesus, will be overcome when salvation come to the Jews. As this will be the Jews once they turn to Jesus, following their big mistake with the Antichrist.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Was Satan defeated or not? Do we really have this story straight?
I think a better way to frame that question JackRT, has Satan been destroyed or not? The answer is no. The defeat of Satan regrading his destruction is forthcoming.

When Satan and his angels plotted the death of Jesus, thinking they were thwarting the coming of the Kingdom of God to replace the dominion they have over the earth, their kingdom of Mystery, Babylon the Great -- it was the very thing that insured God could justly destroy Satan and his angels for their sins, without equally destroying all of mankind for sins as well.

If they had any idea of what they were doing - they would have never participated in the crucifixion of Jesus.

1Corinthians2:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
“And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.” (Revelation 16:16–21)

And no where in the verses you posted are the words "end of the world".
And its not the end of the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And no where in the verses you posted are the words "end of the world".
And its not the end of the world.
Revelation is a book of symbols. Armageddon symbolizes the end of the world. If you expect the symbol to appear, you'll never see it, nor will anyone else.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Revelation is a book of symbols. Armageddon symbolizes the end of the world. If you expect the symbol to appear, you'll never see it, nor will anyone else.

Armageddon is not a symbol of the end of the world.The word of God says Armageddon is a place.

https://biblehub.com/revelation/16-16.htm

Maybe after the war of Armageddon you will have a better understanding of it.You will definitely have to rethink your view on the subject as this war is a regional war in the middle east.
There's no place called armageddon where Im from.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Armageddon is not a symbol of the end of the world.The word of God says Armageddon is a place.

https://biblehub.com/revelation/16-16.htm

Maybe after the war of Armageddon you will have a better understanding of it.You will definitely have to rethink your view on the subject as this war is a regional war in the middle east.
There's no place called armageddon where Im from.
Revelation uses people, places and things as symbols depicting spiritual realities. If you look for the symbols to happen you miss the entire message of the book.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Revelation uses people, places and things as symbols depicting spiritual realities. If you look for the symbols to happen you miss the entire message of the book.

Revelation 16:16 states Armegeddon is a place.If you dont believe God,then you are lost.If you dont believe God,then you will not understand anything..

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 16:16 states Armegeddon is a place.If you dont believe God,then you are lost.If you dont believe God,then you will not understand anything..
You are missing John's point. He uses people, places and things as symbols.

Upvote 0