United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://biblehub.com/revelation/20-2.htm

When is Satan bound?
Before or after Armageddon?
“And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges. But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.” (Matthew 12:27–29)

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
“And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges. But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.” (Matthew 12:27–29)

I can't seem to find any reference to armageddon or anything that's has to do with armageddon in the verse you quoted.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
https://biblehub.com/revelation/20-2.htm

When is Satan bound?
Before or after Armageddon?
After Armageddon, considering Armageddon is where the armies assemble themselves, move down and come up against Jerusalem, holding the Jews there as hostage, as part of their plan in making war against Jesus.

Psalms 2:
1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

________________________________________________________________At the scene, as Jesus is standing on the mount of olives, and on the temple mount the false prophet and the beast are about to be cast alive into the lake of fire; and the temple set on fire to expose the abomination of desolation image placed there. Then the outer facade of the image of the beast will be burnt up, brought to ashes to expose Satan to the whole world - fulfilling Ezekiel 28:17-18. All three are going to be made to bow and confess that Jesus is Lord.

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.

Then Jesus will destroy the armies surrounding Jerusalem, who will be immobilized and see it all. Then the lone angel descends binds up Satan and he is cast into the bottomless pit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't seem to find any reference to armageddon or anything that's has to do with armageddon in the verse you quoted.
Satan is presently bound and the kingdom is here. It is spiritual not physical. Armageddon is the end of the world and happens after God looses Satan to deceive the nations. See Revelation 20.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Christian theology tells us that Satan and the rebellious angels were defeated and tossed out of heaven in pre-history. It seems like this was just an armistice. If they are still actively working against God today, they were not really defeated. Then Satan was defeated again on the cross at Calvary. But he is still active in the world. Was Satan defeated or not? Do we really have this story straight?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Satan is presently bound and the kingdom is here. It is spiritual not physical. Armageddon is the end of the world and happens after God looses Satan to deceive the nations. See Revelation 20.

I can't find any reference to armageddon in rev 20.Perhaps you are mistaken?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't find any reference to armageddon in rev 20.Perhaps you are mistaken?
Armageddon is a symbol for the end of the world. The end of the world in Rev. 20 denotes it. Also Revelation 16:16. If you read Revelation carefully, you can see the end of the world depicted 7 times. All = Armageddon because it is another name for the end of the world.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Armageddon is a symbol for the end of the world. The end of the world in Rev. 20 denotes it. Also Revelation 16:16. If you read Revelation carefully, you can see the end of the world depicted 7 times. All = Armageddon because it is another name for the end of the world.

No where in revelation is the end of the world called armegeddon.According,g to the word of God in revelation16:16,Armageddon isthe name of a place.Not the name of an event.

Perhaps you've read Armegeddon is an event somewhere outside of the bible.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Care to provide those 7 times so that we can see for ourselves whether this might be true or not? Just provide the links to the passages you feel supports this. No need to have to paste the entire passages, just the chapter and verse links. Or if you have a link to a site that already has done this, that link will be fine as well. Don't care to look at any videos on YouTube though. Not all of us have unlimited BW.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
With scripture proving Satan is bound after the war of armageddon,and then released 1000 years later when he deceives Gog,We can see that the war of Armageddon is not the invasion of Israel by Gog.
Two completely separate events seperated by 1000 years.One of which takes place before Satan is bound and the other after he is released.

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is bound for 1000 years when Jesus returns....

revelation 20
20 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, ...He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.....

for those who think satan is already bound....
all I can say if man...
created all this wickedness in our world today
on his own......
we are in really really bad shape......

• Agree
Reactions: shilohsfoal
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With scripture proving Satan is bound after the war of armageddon,and then released 1000 years later when he deceives Gog,We can see that the war of Armageddon is not the invasion of Israel by Gog.
Two completely separate events seperated by 1000 years.One of which takes place before Satan is bound and the other after he is released.

If anything, if I'm going to be intellectually honest here, by using Ezekiel 38 and 39 to determine the timing of the thousand years, these two chapters would prove the thousand years would have to before armageddon, not after it.

What I find interesting, regardless that I'm Premil, is this. It appears that Revelation 20 chronologically follows Revelation 19. If Ezekiel 38 have the events of Revelation 20 in mind, and Ezekiel 39 have the events of Revelation 19 in mind, this seems to indicate, that since Ezekiel 38 precedes ch 39, that might mean the thousand years and satan's little season both precede the events of Revelation 19 then, that chapter meaning the 2nd coming. Have to admit, in the event this might be the case, this is a pretty brilliant way to hide this in plain site, so to speak.

Even though there are a lot of things that don't add up to me about Amil, there are still things that do though. This being one example of one of them. Unfortunately though, very few, if any Amils, would even think to use Ezekiel 38 and 39 to try and prove their position.

Upvote 0