Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Binding of Satan
https://www.ligonier.org/learn/articles/binding-satan/

Do you want to take all of Revelation chapter 20 "literally"?

Is Satan a giant flying lizard, or is he a fallen angel?

Is the chain that binds Satan in Revelation chapter 20 made of steel, like a chain from the hardware store, or is it made of the blood of Christ?

Is Satan shut up in a hole in the ground with a steel lid containing a sign which says...
"Do Not Disturb for 1,000 Years!", or is Satan prevented from deceiving all the nations because of the Gospel?

Christ returns "in flaming fire" in the passage below, at His Second Coming.
When does the fire come in Revelation chapter 20?

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

The time of the judgment of the dead, with reward for some and destruction for others is found in Revelation chapter 11.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

When does the judgment of the dead come in Revelation chapter 20?

Because Christ returns in Revelation 16:15-16, and also in chapter 19, we know the Book of Revelation is not in chronological order.

Which Jerusalem is Christ fighting for in the Book of Revelation?

Is it the one in the verse below which is spiritually like Sodom and Egypt?

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Or is Christ fighting for the Jerusalem described below by Paul as the "Jerusalem which is above"?

Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

The Jerusalem in Galatians 4:26 is the same Jerusalem found in Hebrews 11:15-16, and promised to the church in Hebrews 12:22-24.

Why dont you rewrite the entire book of revelation and call it yours?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well ,you keep rewriting thebook,of revelation.I will stick with the real thing.

https://biblehub.com/revelation/20-6.htm

Premillennialists rewrite the whole Bible to make their version of Revelation chapter 20 work.

Their first step is to ignore "the time of the judgment of the dead" in Revelation 11:18.

Then they ignore the fact that the book is not in chronological order, because Christ returns in Revelation 16:15-16, and He also returns in chapter 19.

Then they ignore the fact that no mortals are left on the planet after Matthew 25:31-46.

Then they ignore the fact that the fire comes at the Second Coming, in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.

It is a doctrine of ignorance.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No.John made it very clear,the length of time is 1000 years.
Now are you denying a day to the Lord is 1000 years?
If not.Whrich day is it?
It appears you have no clue and have no answer.If you cant answer the question,iwont ask anymore but will rather converse with those of knowledge.
Is the chain that binds Satan literal? How about the serpent? Do you expect to see red dragons floating around in space anytime soon?

John already tells us the 1000 years represent Satan's binding. They do not represent the kingdom because he attacks the kingdom when loosed from the 1000 years binding.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Premillennialists rewrite the whole Bible to make their version of Revelation chapter 20 work.

Their first step is to ignore "the time of the judgment of the dead" in Revelation 11:18.

Then they ignore the fact that the book is not in chronological order, because Christ returns in Revelation 16:15-16, and He also returns in chapter 19.

Then they ignore the fact that no mortals are left on the planet after Matthew 25:31-46.

Then they ignore the fact that the fire comes at the Second Coming, in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.

You can't even except the resurrection of the dead.So you rewrite tat as an awakening when in fact these people are killed andcomeback to life from TE dead and reign with Christ for 1000 years just sit is written.
But because you can't except what's plainly written you call it a lieand say someone else is rewritig scripture when in fact ,its you.

The verse is perfect just as God wanted it .

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The verse is perfectly written.

It doesn't need your twisted interpretation.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As an Amil you sure have room to talk. Amil ignores quite a few OT prophecies in order to make their doctrines seemingly work. Is it safe to assume, that if Premil is doctrine of ignorance, so is Amil as well? Probably not, from your perspective. But from my perspective, why not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can't even except the resurrection of the dead.

You must be thinking of somebody else.

I fully accept the bodily resurrection and judgment of "all" the dead found in the passage below.

Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
Joh 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

The timing of that event is found in Revelation 11:18.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You must be thinking of somebody else.

I fully accept the bodily resurrection and judgment of "all" the dead found in the passage below.

Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
Joh 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

The timing of that event is found in Revelation 11:18.

So you just can't undedtand how a group could be resurrected before the rest.That's why you change thewords of revelation.
All would be those not in the first resurrection of the dead spoken of in rev 20:4.

https://biblehub.com/revelation/20-4.htm

Those are resurrected first.
The rest of the dead are not resurrected for another 1000 years.

https://biblehub.com/revelation/20-5.htm

Perfectly written and needs no interpretation.Perfect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perfectly written and needs no interpretation.Perfect.

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Except the fact that you skipped "the time of the judgment of the dead" in Revelation 11:18 to make your premill doctrine work.

How many mortals are left alive on the planet after Matthew 25:31-46?

Based on John 5:24, have you been spiritually resurrected from the dead?
Have you been "born again" of the Spirit of God, as found in John chapter 3?

The bodily resurrection and judgment of the dead is found in John 5:27-30.

Which of these occurs first?

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Except the fact that you skipped "the time of the judgment of the dead" in Revelation 11:18 to make your premill doctrine work.

How many mortals are left alive on the planet after Matthew 25:31-46?

Based on John 5:24, have you been spiritually resurrected from the dead?
Have you been "born again" of the Spirit of God, as found in John chapter 3?

The bodily resurrection and judgment of the dead is found in John 5:27-30.

Which of these occurs first?

This is the first resurrection.Those who did not worship the beast and were beheaded for their witness of Jesus.We know this is the first resurrection because the word of God says so and God can not be wrong.

So your saying you were resurected from the dead. Were you beheaded because you were witnessing Jesus?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the first resurrection.Those who did not worship the beast and were beheaded for their witness of Jesus.We know this is the first resurrection because the word of God says so and God can not be wrong.

So your saying you were resurected from the dead. Were you beheaded because you were witnessing Jesus?

Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

What would you call it when a person is passed from death unto life?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

What would you call it when a person is passed from death unto life?

In order for them to have been resurrected,they must first have lived and then died and then raised from the dead.
You say the resurrection has already taken place.Your not the first to preach this.

https://biblehub.com/2_timothy/2-18.htm

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In order for them to have been resurrected,they must first have lived and then died and then raised from the dead.

There is a resurrection, which surely is the second resurrection, described in Revelation 20:12-13 : this last is a general resurrection of the dead, small and great. There seems no adequate reason to affirm that this first resurrection, then, must be physical. Our notions of life and death are so circumscribed by the geography of earth, that we seldom give to the word "life" in our thoughts its true richness and fulness of meaning. We fail to remember that the faithful ones who live, because Christ lives, have the promise of the life that now is, as well as that which is to come; we forget that God is not God of the dead, but of the living.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You say the resurrection has already taken place.Your not the first to preach this.

https://biblehub.com/2_timothy/2-18.htm

You did not answer the question.
What would you call it when a person is passed from death to life, as in John 5:24?

There are two resurrections in John chapter 5.

The first resurrection in John chapter 5 is the spiritual resurrection from the dead found in John 5:24. I was spiritually dead, and now I am alive, after being "born again" of the
Spirit of God. (John 3:1-16)

The second resurrection in John chapter 5 is the bodily resurrection and judgment of "all" the dead found in John 5:27-30. The timing of this event is found in Revelation 11:18.

The Apostle John recorded both John chapter 5 and Revelation chapter 20.

John saw "souls" at the beginning of Revelation chapter 20. Where are "souls" found?

Christ returns "in flaming fire" in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.
When does the fire come in Revelation chapter 20?

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟361,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The first resurrection in John chapter 5 is the spiritual resurrection from the dead found in John 5:24. I was spiritually dead, and now I am alive, after being "born again" of the
Spirit of God. (John 3:1-16)

The second resurrection in John chapter 5 is the bodily resurrection and judgment of "all" the dead found in John 5:27-30. The timing of this event is found in Revelation 11:18.
Born again - is the redemption of the soul, new creation in Christ.

Resurrection - is the redemption of the body of them asleep in Christ.

Rapture - is the redemption of the body of them in Christ, alive at the time

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟361,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
BaB2, I highlighted part of your text. Revelation 11:11-12 shows the two witnesses being resurrected back to life. But not it is not the resurrection/rapture of 1Thess4:15-18.

What does the resurrection of the two witnesses martyred by the beast show? It shows them who sadly will be martyred by the beast during the great tribulation will be resurrected.

The resurrection of the tribulation saints martyred for not worshiping the beast, nor taking his mark, nor worshiping his image, is in Revelation 20:4-6, called the first resurrection, as there is a second universal type for all the remaining dead resurrection later on at the end of the millennium.

Last edited:
Upvote 0