Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Prayer request: A longtime friend from junior high, saved, has stretched my last cord in her persistence in sending anti-vaccine stuff and that I will die once I get it. I've never been blunt/straightforward before with a friend, but I had to because of the months of stress it has caused. I don't want to get into all of it, but it's not looking good and I won't respond. I'm going to give it time and prayer.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Nowadays though, things just seem and feel different. It's almost like that fence is gone and everyone has already settled into their decision, while many Christians endure intense difficulties and trials. Hopefully the offer of grace still stands though. But at times I wonder.
Sounds similar to what I experienced on another site, and this statement definitely sounds about right. I'm sorry you had to go through all that. :(

• Friendly
Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think there are always people seeking God and letting Jesus into their hearts. Those thinking about God and even turning to God may be hesitant to speak about this since its increasingly controversial. Atheism is seen as going with the flow of secular society, while Christianity implies you may not be on board with the direction the world is heading. So Christians can become a target in some cases whether or not they say anything other than mentioning they are a Christian.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see people going around professing to be atheists anymore. At least, not to the same extent. It's strange, almost like everyone sobered up lol.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sounds similar to what I experienced on another site, and this statement definitely sounds about right. I'm sorry you had to go through all that. :(
It's alright Multis. :blueheart: I kinda take it as a badge of honor when I'm insulted and ridiculed. It does hurt, but something would be wrong if I got along with people like that and if they looked favorably on me. I just recognize that they act like that because their soul is lost and needs Jesus, and I take it to some extent because I'm His representative. It can help soften their heart when a Christian doesn't engage, but rather lets it go; they're not used to that.

I don't like the idea of my little sister in Christ having gone through the same thing though.
foxhug.gif

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Statistically we would've never met, baby girl, cause I'd be dead...

This kind of encapsulates things.

Hold up. Is that for me?

Sorry if it flew over my head. I was dealing with ‘work’ stuff. That one hurt. I needed to go to Him.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
It's alright Multis. :blueheart: I kinda take it as a badge of honor when I'm insulted and ridiculed. It does hurt, but something would be wrong if I got along with people like that and if they looked favorably on me. I just recognize that they act like that because their soul is lost and needs Jesus, and I take it to some extent because I'm His representative. It can help soften their heart when a Christian doesn't engage, but rather lets it go; they're not used to that.

I don't like the idea of my little sister in Christ having gone through the same thing though. View attachment 301514
:hug: You're right, well said! It certainly does hurt, but at the same time it makes me remember these verses:

"Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you [falsely] because of me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven. Thus they persecuted the prophets who were before you." -Matthew 5:10-12

• Friendly
Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
:hug: You're right, well said! It certainly does hurt, but at the same time it makes me remember these verses:

"Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you [falsely] because of me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven. Thus they persecuted the prophets who were before you." -Matthew 5:10-12
Hey Multis, can you do me a favor? Can you stop being incredible? Thanks. o_O

• Haha
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Bought myself an aquarium, which will be a perfect addition - especially when I'm doing computer work. Right now I'm looking for a decent heater to buy for tropical fish, but still need to decide what type of fish exactly I want. :scratch::blowfish:

My cats also came in to investigate.
20210629_141507.jpg 20210629_155455.jpg20210629_133435.jpg 20210629_133426.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Oh, I see. How did they intend to forsake it?

By not pursuing what they had in the past. They were both very accomplished, like notable people in their respective scenes.

This is why I feel bad that I couldn't be more understanding of their...OCD ness...is one way to put it.

I don't hear no often

Yeah, same with them.

But there's two people involved and I was wrong.

This is very wise.

I started looking at RVs this year

A terrific takeaway from the last sister is i got turned on to shuttle buses--less expensive and perfect for converting into tiny mobile homes. More spacious than the big cargo vans.

Those Mercedes ones are really nice though.

This reminds me, I have to touch bases with a guy who's got some great deals on shuttle buses!

Did you want to do that?

Yes, and she did too. But, hers was just like a temporary high I guess. She began to let the natural mind takeover...doubting...

Were they putting God on the back burner?

They were in the sense that they wavered between simple trust and complex doubt.

It was all the prior indoctrination they took in...leaven...

I was hoping they could have virgin hearts/minds.

At first, they seemed to, and I was like "let's take the land!"...

But, then they began murmuring and complaining and I guess I didn't take it well enough.

Maybe you provided the spiritual nourishment they couldn't get elsewhere

Yeah, our spirits did commune, but I guess I was an annoyance to them when they looked at things through their cultured eyes.

divine assignments

Yes, this is exactly where I wanted us to stay.

the starting point is missional. Not romance

Precisely. The next time I'm introduced to a woman who is on point with my calling, I won't be so quick to let them in emotionally.

You want a partner not a power struggle.

Yes, I want us to focus on the ministry vision first, and not on testing our relationship through the lenses and techniques taught by counselors/mentors/therapists, whether Christian or not.

So, a missionary couple, first and foremost...an unconventional partnership.

right now they want the good life.

Well, they have been so influenced by the good life that their downsizing was very stressful for them.

I should have been more patient.

All Christians don't have a desire to do what you're attempting. You need a hunger to do it. I understand because I'm doing the same. But I'm not the only one. There's others out there. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll run into them

Yeah, underground railroad type stuff. This is where I'm headed...

This is also what the two ladies and I shared...this hunger.

I should've remained objective though. Now, it seems I've lost two solid contacts taking the same route.

Hope remains though, He Is The Reconciler.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hold up. Is that for me?

Sorry if it flew over my head. I was dealing with ‘work’ stuff. That one hurt. I needed to go to Him.

Oh, that's just a thought I had when I was considering the common denominator in what I've been experiencing romantically, whether reciprocated or not.

I'm sorry if anything I said hurt you.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I created a demo account, so that I could try my hand at trading financial instruments. The account came pre-loaded with £10,000 of make-belief money.

Yesterday I made a few mistakes, but came out on top with a profit of £449.50. I thought I did alright, but perhaps it was just beginner's luck.

Today was an absolute train wreck! Multiple mistakes caused me to lose £76.00 of my make-belief money!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh, that's just a thought I had when I was considering the common denominator in what I've been experiencing romantically, whether reciprocated or not.

I'm sorry if anything I said hurt you.

You didn't say anything wrong. :)

I saw something earlier that really hurt about someone in the public eye. They're suffering and only God can stop it. There are moments when the gravity of losses orchestrated by the evil one take a toll.

Today was one of those days. It made me sad but there was righteous anger too. That's my flock. It makes you buckle up and keep your head on straight. There's souls at stake and lives too.

• Prayers
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I created a demo account, so that I could try my hand at trading financial instruments. The account came pre-loaded with £10,000 of make-belief money.

Yesterday I made a few mistakes, but came out on top with a profit of £449.50. I thought I did alright, but perhaps it was just beginner's luck.

Today was an absolute train wreck! Multiple mistakes caused me to lose £76.00 of my make-belief money!

Are you gonna do crypto?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is why I feel bad that I couldn't be more understanding of their...OCD ness...is one way to put it.

That's a new one. LOL

This is very wise.

It has taken awhile for me to get back to the consciousness of we. I was operating in the singular for a bit. This a joint venture. As long as you see it as 'my thing' you'll struggle with entitlement.

A terrific takeaway from the last sister is i got turned on to shuttle buses--less expensive and perfect for converting into tiny mobile homes. More spacious than the big cargo vans.

That's cool. Yeah, the vans are small. My daughter wants a coach. But I refuse to do it. They're too big. You don't need all that for recreation.

Do you plan to convert the shuttle buses?

Those Mercedes ones are really nice though.

They are but RVs are money pits. That's the drawback. You really have to do your homework.

Yes, and she did too. But, hers was just like a temporary high I guess. She began to let the natural mind takeover...doubting...

You've got to be in the right headspace. Timing is a bigger factor than we admit. The Lord was hovering last night. That means we need to talk, pray, or write. It was the latter. I saw your post and answered it and didn't get a chance to do what He wanted. I laid down and He got me up to do it.

What He put on the paper was impactful. Sometimes He dictates or writes through me. We flowed this time. He was telling a story and allowing me to see the correlation between certain events and my heart and mindset. So I could communicate it to him. I hadn't connected all the dots. I realized He initiated all of this. One comment snowballed into introspection and a pivot I didn't anticipate. Because it was time.

Oftentimes we don't realize what's impeding what we want. But if we get quiet, He'll start pointing it out. You can't glean while you're trying to make a love connection. Because you're divided. He has to have your full attention.

There's verbal belief and jumping off a cliff. The second sort is what it takes to nail it down. You can't be afraid. I bared my soul but I didn't come in strutting. When you're willing to lessen it's easier to tell the truth. You aren't protecting yourself. All they can say is yes or no. We all lose at some point. Every yes means someone else didn't get the nod. When you see it from that vantage point it's not so frightening.

But, then they began murmuring and complaining and I guess I didn't take it well enough.

Once you've chosen you see him as he really is. The composite includes the pluses and minuses. Before it occurs you're looking at the sliver and focusing on the qualities you like and the not so nice stuff. Once you see the big picture you can gauge its impact. You may be building a mountain out of a molehill and don't realize it.

Yeah, our spirits did commune, but I guess I was an annoyance to them when they looked at things through their cultured eyes.

I believe in acceptance. If they can't take you as-is it will never work. They must be satisfied with the current you. I don't change for a man. He's welcome to tell me where he feels I can improve. But I'm not a marionette. No isn't the end of the world.

Precisely. The next time I'm introduced to a woman who is on point with my calling, I won't be so quick to let them in emotionally.

That's easy to do because it's exciting. But there's another side of that. Just because they fit the calling doesn't mean they fit you. There are people you can work together with to accomplish a task. But you can't build a life with them. They can be spiritually plentiful and lacking on the other end.

I don't focus on spiritual stuff when I'm getting acquainted. We have conversations but it doesn't dominate our discourse. That's rarely the thing that brings people together or pulls them apart. I've never left a man over God. I've walked because of character. That's what I'm living with. I may miss it if I'm not paying attention.

I want to know what God is doing to you and through you. All the bible study in the world won't tell me if you're responsible. That's why so many get deceived by appearances. He 'seemed' so godly because he's doing this or that. I want to know who you are when no one's looking. That's who you're marrying.

I like people who aren't afraid of getting real. They can admit their fears and screw ups. I don't want mister spiritual. He's probably hiding because that's lauded. I respect the person who can say I haven't read my bible in months. I'm busy, don't feel like it, etc. That'll touch someone because there's others who could say the same. But they don't because they're afraid of being judged.

Yes, I want us to focus on the ministry vision first, and not on testing our relationship through the lenses and techniques taught by counselors/mentors/therapists, whether Christian or not.

You don't have to compartmentalize. Relating will bring both to the fore. You have to sate them. Otherwise they could do the same with someone at church. They're looking at you because they want that and more. And the more is important. He's still a man and has needs. I can't ignore it. You live the moments. Discuss the mission over dinner then relax and watch a movie. You're hitting both ends.

Well, they have been so influenced by the good life that their downsizing was very stressful for them.

I should have been more patient.

Change takes time. They have to adapt to their new condition. They're used to living one way. That doesn't disappear overnight.

I should've remained objective though. Now, it seems I've lost two solid contacts taking the same route.

Hope remains though, He Is The Reconciler.

Acceptance is a two-way street. You know where they came from. You can't expect them to behave the way you would. Even if they're trying to do so. That isn't their default.

It takes a lot of grace to build a relationship with someone from a different background. You have to table your expectations. You have different outlooks and it influences your perspective.

We have similar backgrounds, upbringing, experiences and interests. We get along because we're a lot alike. He can be himself and so can I. I don't have to apologize for being bella. And that's priceless.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
don't have to apologize for being bella. And that's priceless.

Why would you ever need to apologize for that, Miss Bella? ^_^

Just like, how can I ever apologize for being Sarah's Knight? It's sort of my thing, you know?:D

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why would you ever need to apologize for that, Miss Bella? ^_^

Just like, how can I ever apologize for being Sarah's Knight? It's sort of my thing, you know?:D

Mister Knight, we're all misunderstood sometimes. But you'll find beauty in the strangest places if you look closely. :)

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ha ha, me and the boss had a good laugh this morning.

I was like, I don't know what's up with these women before me lately...is it that I'm like a stallion that can't be broken or what?

And he's like, yeah..."Hee haw".

I said, "Hey that's a burro not a stallion!". And so I just had to laugh and consider whether or not this unbreakable stallion isn't really just a silly ole stubborn donkey...

And then I had the desire to really be just a silly donkey...I'd be easier to get along with, I think.

• Haha
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0