• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

What's on your mind?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Miles, Jan 21, 2018.

1. MehGuy

MehGuy A member of the less neotenous sex.. Supporter

+8,885
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I mainly stopped posting here.. because I could feel some drama going on with me.. and I just don't want to lash out in anger anymore.. I can get pretty emotional and hot headed.. so I moved on to the Kitchen Sink. Also.. I kind of want to interact with more atheists.. although thus far that hasn't really panned out.. lol.

2. angelsaroundme

angelsaroundme Active Member

+145
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    I don't envy the moderators dealing with dozens of sub-forums. In theory it's nice for everyone to have their own space but at this point it'd be better to simplify it so people can come together easier.

3. JustSomeBloke

JustSomeBloke Well-Known Member Supporter

+758
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I enjoy reading your posts. I like your logical approach, and you often make interesting and entertaining observations about the nature of male-female relationships and interactions.

By the way, did you ever complete your writing project? You were writing some kind of book weren't you? I thought it sounded interesting when you described it ages ago.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. MehGuy

+8,885
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Sadly no. Life got busy a few months ago and I honestly forgot all about that book. Planning to pick it back up soon.

I feel kind of arrogant for writing a book, like I feel towards many others who do the same. Although I do believe most people have at least one good book out of them.. be it fiction or non-fiction. Really though the book is more of a place to put a lot of my ideas in one place so then I can focus on trying to launch some sort of social media presence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+4,638
    Christian
    I really wouldn't worry about that. In the era of influencers doing stupid things for six figures, you are MORE than entitled to write a book and allow for some self-indulgence. If anything, it'll be good for you.

I know this sounds like sour grapes, but it really isn't. I'm glad we have people setting the bar so low; it helps rid the world of impostor syndrome - something which *I* believe is a far worse trait to have. It cripples people to the point that they literally do nothing.

At least the influencer is moving. Arrogantly maybe but they're moving and making bread for themselves. It's 2021, arrogance is expected.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Well-Known Member

+468
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I heard a rumor if the Rugrats reboot goes well, they want to continue Hey Arnold.

The Rugrats reboot looks dumb to me, but a Hey Arnold series in the classic 2D animation, either picking up where The Jungle movie left off, or in the canon pre-Jungle Movie, could be okay.

I liked the All That reboot.
    The Rocko TV movie was......okay...........
    I saw the first Are You Afraid of the Dark miniseries & liked it.
    I'm happy we got The Zim TV movie & Hey Arnold Jungle Movies, both long-anticipated.

A Hey Arnold reboot/continuation could get preachy.........At least the Jungle Movie didn't get into that nonsense.

7. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+4,638
    Christian
    Rugrats was WILD. The writers were definitely lifting from their fever dream history.

8. JustSomeBloke

JustSomeBloke Well-Known Member Supporter

+758
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    One sentence a day, or proof reading one paragraph a day, would add up to quite a lot over a year, without taking much out of each day.

Arrogant? Not at all. Everyone is entitled to disseminate their views, and the places that don't allow that freedom are generally horrible places to live, with appalling human rights records.

Is that what people often do? Book, followed by social media presence, then earning money from YouTube views? It's not my kind of thing, but I think it's great that the internet has enabled self-publication, and that all the gatekeepers of old can be bypassed.

9. MehGuy

+8,885
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Initially I was writing for about 10 minutes a day. Not for the sake of not having a enough time but because I hate writing. I was born with a language disorder, so work structure, grammar do not come easily to me. Trying to express myself can be a very uncomfortable and confident crushing experience.

Lol.. probably a stupid feeling I have. I guess I just view writing a book is smug compared to writing in a blog or something.

I do not think so.

Personally I do not expect to make any money, nor is that my motivation. Most likely I'll just be a failure. Especially these days when my personality has really dried up. But.. well we have a finite time on earth and I think it's good for people to air their voice and opinions when they can.

10. Somber

Somber ❈✿❈

+3,322
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    :hug::hug::hug:

I hope that you have been fairing well, @SarahsKnight !!
    Everyone on CF has been on my mind as of late! :hug:

11. DragonFox91

+468
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I was thinking if I ever have kids (ha ha yeah right), I'd have them homeschooled, but I guess that might be too much pressure on the wife & me. Maybe private school?

BTW, do we have any teachers on here?

12. SarahsKnight

SarahsKnight Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth. Supporter

+8,768
    United States
    Christian
    Single

A pleasure to be greeted by you personally, Miss Somber. *bows*

^-^

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  13. DragonFox91

+468
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I can't find my phone! I didn't go anywhere except to the petstore & it was missing before then!!!! :sob::sob::sob:

14. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Young Fogie Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+4,165
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you find it soon. :)

15. SarahsKnight

SarahsKnight Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth. Supporter

+8,768
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I just turned 37 today. ^-^

.... Aaaaaaa cute 37. Someone recently tried to tell me I was middle-aged (and that it's therefore dumb and/or creepy that just being around a lady for whom I have a romantic fondness causes me to blush sometimes).
    Bah, I say to that.:preach:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Young Fogie Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+4,165
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    I assume it's the same one as before?

17. Somber

Somber ❈✿❈

+3,322
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    Happy birthday!!!!:cheer: I hope that you are having a most wonderful day!!!! :hug:I have a June birthday coming up as well. ^_^

And I don't think there's anything wrong with blushing around one whom you are fond of!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. Somber

Somber ❈✿❈

+3,322
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    I stepped on a large 2 inch thorn from what I am guessing was some sort of hawthorn tree the other day while barefoot. It didn't hurt so bad at first, but today it's pretty sore! Fun, fun!!:muahah:

19. Multifavs

Multifavs Knightess Supporter

+8,248
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    Did you have a good birthday? :)

Really? So do I! Lots of June birthdays here! ^_^ I hope your birthday will be wonderful! :purpleheart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  20. Somber

Somber ❈✿❈

+3,322
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    Oh my! How marvelous!! :clap: Thank you so much!!! I am sure I will.^_^ I hope that you have/had a most wonderful birthday as well!!!! :hoho:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List