Magnolia, AR
✟990,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome back Bella *bows and curtsy's (sp?)
How cute! :tutu:

Such a gesture is always nice to see. Never underestimate the value of a curtsy. ^-^

I was laughing so hard, you don't know how much I was laughing and could not stop. That's such a good one! And of course you know cats are pretty independent. I think it fits me well. I'm also sort of an enigma at times. Your so kind:hug:

Glad to see that it apparently made your day. ^_^

I can't help but always think of those motivationals about Caturday - except substituting neko girls in place of actual cats - all over the Internet when I see your avatar, so, I inevitably think of that thing in so much anime as well where apparently cat girls always need to be adopted (because they're
cute =P ) like a pet instead of being treated like an independent two-legged person who can live in her own house. ^_^

165039.jpg

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Such a gesture is always nice to see. Never underestimate the value of a curtsy. ^-^

Glad to see that it apparently made your day. ^_^

I can't help but always think of those motivationals about Caturday - except substituting neko girls in place of actual cats - all over the Internet when I see your avatar, so, I inevitably think of that thing in so much anime as well where apparently cat girls always need to be adopted (because they're
cute =P ) like a pet instead of being treated like an independent two-legged person who can live in her own house. ^_^

View attachment 301262
Oh my gosh. I never heard of that but that makes sense. I have a long history in my childhood with cats.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That sounds like fun! Corsets are delightful. I bought one a few months ago. One of my instructors teaches a class on period undergarments. I'm definitely taking it. I've had an interest in historical attire for years. Now I can do it. I started hand sewing and I'll be making a sampler. It helps me practice my stitches to embroider garments.
It's definitely something I'm willing to explore. I just haven't decided what period costume that I want yet. I'll have to figure out something affordable and affordable for a group, so as not to exclude anyone.

But I had a light bulb moment a couple of weeks ago regarding someone I dated. I don't know what I want. But I wrote him nonetheless. I feel really shy. I told him I hope we have an opportunity to explore the countryside wit
It's great that you write letters. It's almost like a lost art. Do you write letters to people you have dated?

hope you're okay? 8 miles is impressive!
I am okay now. What I had didn't turn out as serious as it could have. And I took my time with getting back into my half marathon training. I used more of the time for preparing my gardens. I have five of them now. A lot more work than last year. Hopefully there will be a good produce and some beautiful flowers.

saw the list you posted of dating sites. I've never been to any of them. I'm glad you found a nice source. That's encouraging.
those are just my experiences and I always hope that I can help other individuals. As there is not much Christian ratings on dating websites. I found one that was useful when I first started out but so much has changed since then. Even the behavior has changed of those that go on there during the pandemic.

Thank you for your prayers and kind words. My time away was good. I'm in my third school term. We don't get a long break. I have a few weeks off and we're back in session. But I'm enjoying it.
Thanks for the update. Good to see that you are still moving along.

I made some important decisions while I was gone. I've decided to settle overseas permanently. I want to start a food blog and YouTube channel. And I want to infuse the past into daily living. I'm finding old things that inspire me like oil lamps, pudding basins, homemade soap and beeswax candles.
It's good that you have a plan moving forward. Knowing where you will be located will also help you in determining an appropriate suitor. Like myself, I have it out there that I cannot relocate for the next 10 years. Geographic positioning can be important in the process.

I think that's fabulous that you're thinking about creating a food blog. It definitely will open up some more creative interactions. Sounds like fun and a good channeling for your creativity and inspirations.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm starting to feel like I scared someone in here away. :(
Not me if you think it was me. Life just gets busy for me. If it's someone else, they also may just be busy. Blessings,

You scared me away.. lol.
You're too funny :)

I scare everyone away. It's my job. I'm a full-time professional scarer.

1520525-fall-scarecrow-wallpaper-2018x2786-picture.jpg
aAso additional funniness :)

I just received a notification from SickKids as to how well one particular child named Sadie has been faring thanks to the Lord's healing hand shown through this foundation. It's very inspiring, I felt, and hopefully just a nice little note for some of you to end your day on =>
Thanks for sharing. That is hopeful and it's nice to see how your donation has helped at least one individual :)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's definitely something I'm willing to explore. I just haven't decided what period costume that I want yet. I'll have to figure out something affordable and affordable for a group, so as not to exclude anyone.

You can look at costume shops to get an idea. It may be easier to tailor your theme to earlier periods and a specific color. For example, a historical styled white dress. That's fairly simple to do. An empire or A-line is fine. Add a ribbon around the waist as a belt and a pair of gloves and you're set. You'll reinforce the look if you're wearing the same hue. And it doesn't force them to buy something they'll never use.

It's great that you write letters. It's almost like a lost art. Do you write letters to people you have dated?

I don't send them physically. I'll save that for my companion. But my notes are written along those lines. No, I don't do it for everyone. He's the only one I've dated that I'll write. The other I didn't. But he knows me well and I can speak candidly. Oftentimes I make important discoveries about myself while doing so. Hence, the light bulb moment. I was talking to him about the other when it happened.

I am okay now. What I had didn't turn out as serious as it could have. And I took my time with getting back into my half marathon training. I used more of the time for preparing my gardens. I have five of them now. A lot more work than last year. Hopefully there will be a good produce and some beautiful flowers.

I'm glad it wasn't serious and the downtime allowed you to do something enjoyable. What did you plant this year? Did you add anything new?

those are just my experiences and I always hope that I can help other individuals. As there is not much Christian ratings on dating websites. I found one that was useful when I first started out but so much has changed since then. Even the behavior has changed of those that go on there during the pandemic.

I think it was helpful. People often look for sources and you provided several. Hopefully, they'll bless others.

It's good that you have a plan moving forward. Knowing where you will be located will also help you in determining an appropriate suitor. Like myself, I have it out there that I cannot relocate for the next 10 years. Geographic positioning can be important in the process.

I planned to return but I realized my heart was elsewhere. I haven't thought about a suitor honestly. Between expat communities, school, and events related to each, I'll have opportunities to meet someone. Building a bond in person is where I'm at. I want the experiences and cadence that happen real time.

I think that's fabulous that you're thinking about creating a food blog. It definitely will open up some more creative interactions. Sounds like fun and a good channeling for your creativity and inspirations.

That was my original plan but the Lord had something else in mind. He never said no. But it would have been difficult to learn fashion while doing it. Food, decor, fashion, crafts, and DIY are the most demanding niches. They rely on photography and video. Editing is a lot of work.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can look at costume shops to get an idea. It may be easier to tailor your theme to earlier periods and a specific
Thanks, I got the idea in early May. And recently had a conversation with my department head since she host Halloween parties every year, I think she's been doing it for 30 years. It's pretty big. She gave me some good ideas, and told me that costume shop rental would be too expensive. It could provide ideas but she said Pinterest would be the best. I agree with her. And she suggested piecing the costume together which is the direction I most likely will go since it's a one-time thing. For corsets she recommended Amazon, and I know I've looked in the past and they won't be as quality, but if I'm only going to use it once I think that will be the most practical thing. I'll let you know as things progress and when I finalize and make a decision off a pinterest, it's just finding the time since everything has been so busy.

historical styled white dress. That's fairly simple to do. An empire or A-line is fine. Add a ribbon around the waist as a belt and a pair of gloves and you're set. You'll reinforce the look if you're wearing the same hue. And it doesn't force them to buy something they'll never use.
Thanks for those tips I will have to remember that. I think you will be my go-to once I decide, you probably will be able to give me some ideas.

I'll save that for my companion. But my notes are written along those lines. No, I don't do it for everyone. He's the only one I've dated that I'll write. The other I didn't. But he knows me well and I can speak ca
Yes, I can understand that. It is personal and can be an intimate part of a friendship and relationships. Cards are another story, but I know my friends both female and male appreciate them even if I don't get something back.

What did you plant this year? Did you add anything new?
quite a few things. I started some indoor this year and tried to see it through as much as I could with transplanting and stuff. The tomato plants did not make it well. My bell pepper plants we shall see. The good thing is I was able to gift them to coworkers and Friends. And my date that didn't work out. I'm so curious to see how his stuff went, but I know if he is to heal from me breaking things off I have to hold back. He was so disappointed at my decision..

So, the main Garden -zucchini, cucumber, calendula, glass gym corn, tomatoes, Bell pepper, Mammoth sunflower, amaranth hopi red die, Detroit Red beets, French breakfast radish, ornamental corn, multicolor carrots, and blacktail mountain watermelon.

The pumpkin patch has musque de province, rouge vif d'etamps, chives parsley, Dill, basil, thyme, salvia, Connecticut field pumpkin, cilantro, sage and oregano.

The front planter box has a variety of flowers that I bought from the store, lavender and such. I will have to put pictures up when it's more developed. Some of it like the miniature rose comes back each year. I also did a bed of zinnias that I will be giving away to neighbors. Love and a mist is in a planter.

In the ditch line Gardens by the road I planted delicata squash, sunflowers, celiosa, poppies, zinnias, tritoma, and Delilah's. I think there have been some failures along the way so we will see what comes through. I have a lack of son compared to other areas that their stuff is growing better. I need to work on the soil a bit more too.

Building a bond in person is where I'm at. I want the experiences and cadence that happen real time.
I totally get that and wish that I had those opportunities. Being in a small town has not offered much. And I almost got asked out by a homeless man about a week ago. I live amongst an interesting hub of communities, a lot of people that are very country, gang problems, Beach community and Spanish speaking community. There is a little bit of academia and our east of me and an hour west of me. It's an interesting mix of friendships that I have made, but not many travelers in this area.

Who knows, maybe doors will be opening up. I know that in my workplace there are friendships that were not there in certain circles that have been opening up now. And there's always potential in church communities that that will be opening up also since I live closer to a town than I did in the past. It's already opened doors for running partners.

Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
She gave me some good ideas, and told me that costume shop rental would be too expensive. It could provide ideas but she said Pinterest would be the best. I agree with her.

I don't recommend renting. I mentioned the costume shop to narrow things down. You'll have to wade through more on Pinterest. It's easier if you know what you're looking for.

For corsets she recommended Amazon, and I know I've looked in the past and they won't be as quality, but if I'm only going to use it once I think that will be the most practical thing.

If you don't foresee yourself wearing it again that's probably best. You can find one for $60-80 if you want something you can use later on. I'd only recommend it if you're interested in costuming as a hobby.

Thanks for those tips I will have to remember that. I think you will be my go-to once I decide, you probably will be able to give me some ideas.

I'm happy to help. :)

Yes, I can understand that. It is personal and can be an intimate part of a friendship and relationships. Cards are another story, but I know my friends both female and male appreciate them even if I don't get something back.

I'm not opposed to sending correspondence. But when there's a previous connection and they have a partner it's a matter of respect. An email suffices without stepping on toes.

quite a few things. I started some indoor this year and tried to see it through as much as I could with transplanting and stuff. The tomato plants did not make it well. My bell pepper plants we shall see. The good thing is I was able to gift them to coworkers and Friends. And my date that didn't work out. I'm so curious to see how his stuff went, but I know if he is to heal from me breaking things off I have to hold back. He was so disappointed at my decision.

I've heard the same from farmers. The odd weather caused some problems. God willing the majority is fine and you'll have a nice harvest.

I agree with stepping back. It's difficult to move forward when you haven't had time apart. One party may be okay but that's rarely true for both. Giving him space is an act of grace. You may rekindle the connection later.

So, the main Garden -zucchini, cucumber, calendula, glass gym corn, tomatoes, Bell pepper, Mammoth sunflower, amaranth hopi red die, Detroit Red beets, French breakfast radish, ornamental corn, multicolor carrots, and blacktail mountain watermelon.

You have quite a spread. Does it keep you busy?

I totally get that and wish that I had those opportunities. Being in a small town has not offered much.

I live in a city and have less physical contact than most. I'm home all day. Encounters can happen anywhere. I know many in similar circumstances who met their companion online. It's just a question of time and connection. You'll find him.

It's an interesting mix of friendships that I have made, but not many travelers in this area.

I think Belinda Carlisle said it best. Heaven is a place on earth. It's up to us to manifest it in our environment. You may lack travelers but you have a beautiful garden. That's someone's idea of heaven elsewhere.

Who knows, maybe doors will be opening up. I know that in my workplace there are friendships that were not there in certain circles that have been opening up now. And there's always potential in church communities that that will be opening up also since I live closer to a town than I did in the past. It's already opened doors for running partners.

I think they are. Sometimes we don't see it yet. I researched costuming a couple of years ago. I was learning how to sew and figured I'd get into later on. I found English country dance and a plethora of events I could attend. I didn't expect I'd do it now.

I like to leave room for the unexpected. Life is full of surprises. I'm stepping into something I saw years ago in a vision. I was wearing a white dress and walking through a meadow. My hair was long and wavy. I didn't wear it that way back then or own a dress that looked like that. Now I know I was glimpsing my future self. That hasn't settled on me yet. But it's amazing nonetheless.

The closer I am to fine the clearer I'll be about him and what's to come. I can't figure it out of if I'm bogged down or muddied. I have to be open with my hands outstretched. Delighting in the moments. Because joy is a magnet and light is infectious. The more I shine the more I'll draw my way. And he'll find me.

So for the moment I write him. I cry every time. That's a good thing. It means I'm opening. The more I do the lighter I feel. Maybe that's the purpose.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think Belinda Carlisle said it best. Heaven is a place on earth.

I never thought about it much, but, good song, that. ^-^

So here's a cute little cover of it by young Fergie! (I've no idea what the weird badly-costumed alien guy next to her is about, though. ^_^ )

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been thru this world
And this one thing I know
You can't buy happiness
But for gold some will sell their soul
Take a look at the clock
Time, soon, will pass away
So make the most of what you're doing
While it's still called today
Night is approaching where sleepers dim their eyes
Burglars get ready by putting on a new disguise
On to their crimes the watchman patiently waits
Destruction nears for those with evil intentioned fates
On and on the story tells it's tale
Of those wicked people who to hell have now fell.
Back in the land of the living
The tolling bell rings on
Beckoning those who will be attentive
To tomorrow's beautiful dawn
Because it's God who made the day
And if you listen close you can still hear Him say
Rejoice and give thanks
For it's in me you trust and pray
I will deliver you in time
And give you the desires of your heart
Which are mine
So when all seems lost in confusion and dismay
Turn to Jesus who is the only way
For your sin on the cross He was slayed
Yes, His blood He surely did pay
But He rose again on the third day
Now reigns forever so honor I do pay
Even though I have gone greatly astray.
(Have mercy, Lord)

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your new avatar is really great, by the way, Miss @bèlla . Always classy and elegant in some way.

Just had a short but pleasant conversation with the nice Thai lady who lives near me, Kessney (not sure if I am spelling her name right), while out doing laundry. We've become good acquaintances by now over the past year or so. A very nice and rather beautiful lady for her advanced age, but unfortunately she has mentioned - politely, thankfully - that she does not consider herself a woman of faith. If I recall from what another friend from Thailand, Praew, most folk are Buddhists, however. I have stated my own position as a believer in Jesus Christ as Son of God Whom through His own death and resurrection has enabled us to receive forgiveness from sins and an immortal life in everlasting peace one day, so I pray that God blesses Kessney regardless and eventually draws her to Him. I speak with no presumption of judgment or superiority in any way, of course. I am happy to know Miss Kessney no matter what faith in a higher being she may or may not uphold, so long as she does not insult or disparage me for my own faith, which she certainly has not done. :angel:

... Oh, almost forgot. In case you were wondering, Miss @bèlla , no, my position of high affection towards Erin has not changed in the two months or so you've been gone from here. ^-^

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
@SarahsKnight Thank you for the compliment. I suspect your affinity for Erin will remain for quite awhile. :)

I’m glad you had a chance to talk with Ms. Kessney. I’m sure your kindness and disposition add a little sunshine to her day. Undoubtedly, her tranquil spirit has an impact. You’re mutually blessed by the other.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suspect your affinity for Erin will remain for quite awhile. :)

Indeed, I imagine it shall.

There's actually still nights where, when I know she will be arriving in the morning, I find myself pleasantly nervous and eager to see her face again. Such a face as Erin's only grows more angelic in my sight with time. You'd think I'd be over the giddiness and all after a while upon seeing her, having grown used to my crush on her, but no; only the opposite effect seems to be true. ^-^ Even though it has been a very long while since I used a flirtatious - albeit sincere - line with her (certainly not since I was informed that she was reunited with her former flame late last year), I imagine she must be well aware of my lasting fondness for her, yet she treats me with the same familiarity and gentility that she would anyone else there ... aside from the few people that, well, none of the rest of us get along well with. I should be grateful for this. :)

You’re mutually blessed by the other.

I like to think that we are, yes. :)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
There's actually still nights where, when I know she will be arriving in the morning, I find myself pleasantly nervous and eager to see her face again.

I know that feeling. I’ve been there. It tooks years to move beyond it. I didn’t believe I’d be that way again. But I find myself heading there once more.

You'd think I'd be over the giddiness and all after a while upon seeing her, having grown used to my crush on her, but no; only the opposite effect seems to be true. ^-^

It lingers when fed. If you continue you’ll fall. If you haven’t already.

Even though it has been a very long while since I used a flirtatious - albeit sincere - line with her (certainly not since I was informed that she was reunited with her former flame late last year)

I thought the nervousness and uncertainty were behind me. But I’ve discovered it comes with a certain headspace. Wonder has a price. It makes me sensitive and vulnerable. And a wee bit weepy if I’m honest.

You manage well in spite of the circumstances.

I imagine she must be well aware of my lasting fondness for her, yet she treats me with the same familiarity and gentility that she would anyone else there ... aside from the few people that, well, none of the rest of us get along well with. I should be grateful for this. :)

She is and she sees your heart. :)

I’m undergoing a renaissance and sharing it with someone I couldn’t be with. But he never complains. The grace he’s exhibited over the years regarding matters of the heart is humbling.

But unlike you I’m hastening the descent. I can’t fall until I know where he stands. Giving way without reciprocity would hurt. I had it. I’m uncertain if we’ll rekindle it.

Even so, there’s something to be said about coming alive and experiencing the pitter patter of giddyness and longing. I wouldn’t have it otherwise.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately even though I unfriended (April 2021) the guy I was dating last year in May to June and almost got into a relationship recently with a guy 2hrs away this past May, there's still a lot of deep feelings for last year's connection. Most likely this week is when he met the girl that he made his connection with in Florida. He yold me about it at the beginning of July when he returned from his vacation.

It's such a strange feeling looking back at my prayer journal and seeing how the Lord led me to taking 12 days to listen to Him and write it down. The unfortunate thing is I knew the whole time that we were not a long-term match. It's hard for me not to compare myself to the other gal.. even though I've never met her. I probably shouldn't be posting this here, but I feel I need for sorting this out and hopefully this will never ever ever happen again like this. And I pray that I have learned and that I have grown and the Lord is developing me for a much more suited long-term match.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have stated my own position as a believer in Jesus Christ as Son of God Whom through His own death and resurrection
That's great that you have been able to share your faith with your neighbor. I only hope that someday I can be bold enough to do the same. I'm hoping my flowers will grow enough that I can visit in the fall again my neighbors and connect. I'm very fortunate to have two neighbors that are Christians next to me. Unfortunately there is a man with a prison record across the road from me, the kind that you wouldn't want to introduce your kids to, but who knows someday maybe he will know Jesus also. We all need good neighbors also. I'm glad that you have these conversations.

was informed that she was reunited with her former flame late
I pray that your heart will be able to move on and into the Lord's intentions for your future. I know it's hard, as you've seen myself posting about last year's affinity for someone.*hugs*

• Friendly
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can look at costume shops to get an idea. I

You'll have to wade through more on Pinterest. I
Yes, I think that you are right and looking at a costume shop for at least some kind of idea. It's overwhelming just thinking about it.

I agree with stepping back. It's difficult to move forward when you haven't had time apart

One party may be okay but that's rarely true for both. Giving him space is an act of grace. You may rekindle the connection later.
I agree. I keep having these doubts every day since he was the closest I've gotten to a possible attraction with a Christian. But unfortunately I don't think the attraction was strong enough to grow. He was holding back a lot of himself, so that I would like him, I think. I kind of think that I was trying to position myself to be in the Christian relationship that I wanted, but it still did not fit. I find it interesting that I think his ex-wife maybe was doing the same thing. She had a rough upbringing and life and I think she was trying to fit into the nice wife mold. But her true self came out later in life. For her it was her Christian faith was not deep and had no substance in the end. What most would describe as someone who is not a true Christian.. possibly just doing those things for the other person.

You have quite a spread. Does it keep you busy?
Oh yes! But I'm getting a break this week with all the rain that we're getting. Unfortunately even though I'm getting this break I haven't gotten much done with other areas of the house because I caught a cold right after the weather changed.

I think Belinda Carlisle said it best. Heaven is a place on earth. It's up to us to manifest it in our environment. You may lack travelers but you have a beautiful garden. That's someone's idea of heaven elsewhere.
Yes, so true :) Beautifully said. You always have a way with words.

Delighting in the moments. Because joy is a magnet and light is infectious. The more I shine the more I'll draw my way. And he'll find me.
I smiled when I saw this. Someone is leaving my workplace that I'm pretty sure is not a Christian, and I sent her a message because I couldn't make it into work to say goodbye to her. She's in another department and we've all been working remotely so it's been forever since I've seen her in person. She told me to continue shining my light. I thought that was very revealing that she sees Jesus and me, even though I haven't been able to share my testimony.

And yes since last year, a lot of things have been opening up. The more I smile and the more joy that grows, the more relationships also grow.

Upvote 0