✟990,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it was. :)

Then, may this knight give you the proper salute for your special day.

(I actually couldn't find one of an anime guy saluting who looked anything like a knight, so this must do. ^-^ )

hycv6g4akus51.jpg

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So I needed to fuel my car up. While I was there I heard a guy say, "do you have a problem?" To another guy in a pickup truck. The guy who asked was very attractive, at least to me, he kind of looked like he was in hospital scrubs.. not your typical local...Maybe some kind of doctor? The other guy in a pickup truck started yelling at him and I couldn't see across the vehicles what was happening. It escalated. The guy in the pickup truck walked back and started screaming that he would beat him up.. I could tell the other guy was not going to confront this guy and avoid confrontation. The guy drove off in his pickup truck yelling that he was a smart donkey prick.

Not too long after as I was looking over that way to see what the nice looking guy was doing, homeless guy that probably likes to drink a lot of alcohol came over to me. I thought oh no he's going to ask me for money and I had just finished fueling. He said "may I ask you a question?" He said"are you single or married?"

I told him that I was not saying. He said "ohh on between or something" I repeated myself that I was not saying and that I had to go. He stole persisted that he wanted to know if I was single. And I drove away. Hahha. Wow, I don't think I've ever had someone ask me that except one other time 10 years ago while I was driving my car through the window a guy asked me if I was married. And that was at highway speed going 50 miles an hour....yikes. I have a feeling that homeless guy must have seen me somewhere on a online dating site... That's one thing I don't like about them. But I guess that's the price I have to pay for now... If I want to move forward with the possibility of meeting a godly Christian man that I'm attracted to.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I see lots of conversations with @bèlla . Any new clothes styles or social outings or club associations that you've become part of since I was last year?

Welcome back sampa. I hope your time away was edifying. :)

I’m smitten with cottagecore. I discovered a YouTube channel that nourishes my spirit. And I’ve devoured my share of historical offerings. Including Mrs. Crocombe. I adore her! Right down to the bowls and copper!

I just finished Anne with an E on Netflix and I’m learning about historical sewing and costuming. Petticoats and corsets excite me.

How are things in your world? Well I hope.

• Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you gospels. I hope your time away was enriching. :)

Yes. The Lord has been good to me. :) You were in my prayers.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes. The Lord has been good to me. :) You were in my prayers.

I’m happy to hear that. Thank you for your prayers. The Lord kept my loved ones safe and opened new roads on my behalf. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, everyone. Thought I'd share a positive note for the day.

Almost four years ago when I was visiting Toronto, I remember mentioning here that I had run into a nice Muslim girl running one of those booths in the middle of the mall, representing the Sickkids charity. I might have mentioned that I'd thought it as only a meeting destined by God Himself to've happened that day, as I am very grateful that she not only convinced me to become a routine contributor to this good cause, but also that we had the chance to briefly discuss and compare our faiths, on amiable terms.

I just received a notification from SickKids as to how well one particular child named Sadie has been faring thanks to the Lord's healing hand shown through this foundation. It's very inspiring, I felt, and hopefully just a nice little note for some of you to end your day on =>

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm starting to feel like I scared someone in here away. :(

Who, Miss @sampa? Don't worry about it; she's a cat girl, see, so I adopted her, and now she can stay here. :p

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Welcome back sampa. I hope your time away was edifying. :)

I’m smitten with cottagecore. I discovered a YouTube channel that nourishes my spirit. And I’ve devoured my share of historical offerings. Including Mrs. Crocombe. I adore her! Right down to the bowls and copper!

I just finished Anne with an E on Netflix and I’m learning about historical sewing and costuming. Petticoats and corsets excite me.

How are things in your world? Well I hope.
wohoo!!!? Welcome back Bella *bows and curtsy's (sp?)* I love it cottage core! Sounds like a place where you can naturally grow beautiful flowers which I'm totally into. Interestingly I hosted a steampunk Victorian Tea with some friends after going to a botanical Garden as a makeup for my birthday... And it turned me on to corsets. So I'm thinking about hosting a period costume event in November and meeting up at a corset museum that is near here. I still have to formulate my idea and figure everything and of course how to make everyone feel comfortable with covid-19 and keeping our distance.

As for me, what's going on with a bit of the dating world after I finished the Daniel fast. I was one day away from meeting a guy's kids, it was pretty intense and a whirlwind that we both wasted no time in the 5 weeks. Without getting into the details I broke things off. Genuine Christian guy and I wish the best for him, very hard decision. We had a lot in common and it becomes more rare with age. And long distance never easy. Other than that I'm up to 8 Miles, I had a health setback, but I'm back into training. We are also reentering the workplace and will be back 100% in July. I recently friended another female that sort of reminds me of you through an elite Christian dating site. They have their own christian forum but it's not very active in-depth discussions.. but I changed a little bit of that and made a few friends. I was very sad to not see your picture when I came back on here. So I'm glad that you popped back in.

I’m happy to hear that. Thank you for your prayers. The Lord kept my loved ones safe and open new roads on my behalf. :)
I was praying for you during that time. I didn't know exactly what I was praying for but I did pray for your safety. It was once a week that I had a room that I went over prayers for those that had asked.

Who, Miss @sampa? Don't worry about it; she's a cat girl, see, so I adopted her, and now she can stay here. :p
I was laughing so hard, you don't know how much I was laughing and could not stop. That's such a good one! And of course you know cats are pretty independent. I think it fits me well. I'm also sort of an enigma at times. Your so kind:hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
wohoo!!!? Welcome back Bella *bows and curtsy's (sp?)* I love it cottage core! Sounds like a place where you can naturally grow beautiful flowers which I'm totally into.

How cute! :tutu:

Cottagecore is a celebration of nature, simplicity, femininity, domestic arts, and nostalgia. I have a passion for the countryside and long to settle there. I like the slower pace, open fields, and growing things. Including flowers.

Interestingly I hosted a steampunk Victorian Tea with some friends after going to a botanical Garden as a makeup for my birthday... And it turned me on to corsets. So I'm thinking about hosting a period costume event in November and meeting up at a corset museum that is near here. I still have to formulate my idea and figure everything and of course how to make everyone feel comfortable with covid-19 and keeping our distance.

That sounds like fun! Corsets are delightful. I bought one a few months ago. One of my instructors teaches a class on period undergarments. I'm definitely taking it. I've had an interest in historical attire for years. Now I can do it. I started hand sewing and I'll be making a sampler. It helps me practice my stitches to embroider garments.

As for me, what's going on with a bit of the dating world after I finished the Daniel fast. I was one day away from meeting a guy's kids, it was pretty intense and a whirlwind that we both wasted no time in the 5 weeks. Without getting into the details I broke things off. Genuine Christian guy and I wish the best for him, very hard decision.

Wow, you've been busy. I'm sure it wasn't easy but I'm glad it ended on a positive note. I haven't seen anyone. But I had a light bulb moment a couple of weeks ago regarding someone I dated. I don't know what I want. But I wrote him nonetheless. I feel really shy. I told him I hope we have an opportunity to explore the countryside with a basket in tow. Just because. :blush1:

We had a lot in common and it becomes more rare with age. And long distance never easy. Other than that I'm up to 8 Miles, I had a health setback, but I'm back into training.

I hope you're okay? 8 miles is impressive!

We are also reentering the workplace and will be back 100% in July. I recently friended another female that sort of reminds me of you through an elite Christian dating site. They have their own christian forum but it's not very active in-depth discussions.. but I changed a little bit of that and made a few friends. I was very sad to not see your picture when I came back on here. So I'm glad that you popped back in.

I saw the list you posted of dating sites. I've never been to any of them. I'm glad you found a nice source. That's encouraging.

I was praying for you during that time. I didn't know exactly what I was praying for but I did pray for your safety. It was once a week that I had a room that I went over prayers for those that had asked.

Thank you for your prayers and kind words. My time away was good. I'm in my third school term. We don't get a long break. I have a few weeks off and we're back in session. But I'm enjoying it.

I'm moving to a different cadence now. I have time for art, cooking, movement, and afternoon tea. It's a daily ritual. I'm still redecorating. The cabinets I wanted finally arrived. There's a lot to do but I'm taking my time.

I made some important decisions while I was gone. I've decided to settle overseas permanently. I want to start a food blog and YouTube channel. And I want to infuse the past into daily living. I'm finding old things that inspire me like oil lamps, pudding basins, homemade soap and beeswax candles.

I'm not opposed to modernity. But my heart is elsewhere. I'm giving myself permission to feed it. I like the Regency period most. The music, sensibilities, and attire. In a roundabout way cottagecore opened the flood gates. I found others like myself who wanted the same or were doing it already.

• Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0