NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We all know the terror that exist today. If you watch the news, there is a lot of terrorist chatter called " the perfect day" That terrorist would attack many pre-schools killing thousands of children.

The goal being that Americans would be so angered that they would start attacking Muslims, burning their businesses and mosques throughout America. They would hope the result of this would cause all of Islam to declare war on America.

How do you think we would really react if this happens?
Would you as a Christian feel that our government should declare Islam a terrorist group, instead of a religion.

Remember what we did to the japs during WII. Is it possible that we could do that to all muslims if something this bad happened.

No doubt we will get hit again. The fear of course it could be something big, like this or WMDS. If it were big enough, many think Americans will riot against Islam.

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Sadly, this is the sentiment of fundamentalist Christianity, and of uneducated Americans in general. I have several Muslim friends, and from what they have told me about Islam, the Muslim suicide-bombers and other terrorists do not follow mainstream Islam. I forget the details, but to declare war of Islam (which would be a veritable jihad) is to make a gross oversimplification. Should we declare war on Christianity because of the actions of Westboro? i think not.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sadly, this is the sentiment of fundamentalist Christianity, and of uneducated Americans in general. I have several Muslim friends, and from what they have told me about Islam, the Muslim suicide-bombers and other terrorists do not follow mainstream Islam. I forget the details, but to declare war of Islam (which would be a veritable jihad) is to make a gross oversimplification. Should we declare war on Christianity because of the actions of Westboro? i think not.
No, sadly this is the sentiment of those "peaceful muslims"... WHEN DO THEY COME OUT OPENLY & DENOUNCE AND CONDEMN THE ACTS OF THESE TERRORISTS??
They don't!
If Christians were found behind terrorism, you'de have Christians everywhere speaking out against these evil acts of hatred... instead, these so called "peaceful" muslims either cower in their basements, or ignore what the "nuts" in their religion are doing and don't bother to seek to handle it themselves or do anything about it.

They leave it to everyone else to deal with and sort out. Perhaps if they'de step out of their private little bomb shelters & speak out so us Americans & "fundys" can hear them explain this religious issue & what they personally feel about it and how this issue might be solved & what's going on, we might have a little more clarity around the world about them. Wouldn't you think? :confused: :scratch:

Put the onus where it belongs please. And unless they all wear Tshirts that identify which side of Islam they're on, I'M A LITTLE LEARY OF ISLAM. (and I don't apologize for that).
If people claiming CHRISTIANITY were doing this, you guys would be the first ones in the persecuting lines to get your shots in at us as an entire religion; .... heck, it's already done in your posts and we haven't done anything.

Upvote 0

bunced

Apr 4, 2007
✟5,413.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
No, sadly this is the sentiment of those "peaceful muslims"... WHEN DO THEY COME OUT OPENLY & DENOUNCE AND CONDEMN THE ACTS OF THESE TERRORISTS??
Immediately after every terrorist attack, very vocally and on national news and in the papers in the UK.

There is a major charity dedicated to the countering of extreme Islam working on behalf of the Muslim Council of Great Britain.

Next piece of misinformation?

Would you as a Christian feel that our government should declare Islam a terrorist group, instead of a religion.
I would know your government had lost the plot instead of just suspecting it.

It would be wholly inappropriate, unwarrented, hateful and closed-minded. It would also solve nothing and make young men even easier to radicalise by extreme groups. Many of the threats that exist today are a result of America's own gun-hoe actions against the Muslim world over the last 50 years. You'd think people would have learnt from history after that time

Upvote 0

Stinker

Senior Veteran
Sep 23, 2004
Overland Park, KS.
✟4,880.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not believe that there exists real foreign terrorist groups that want to destroy the U.S.A. once they get here, that is. Even though the economy and pretty much everything else that used to make us a the greatest nation on earth has been removed to Communist Red China by the ruling class, we still have a tiny bit of moral shade left. This consisting of some here still holding to the moral teaching of the 10 commandments and of the New Testament. This is enough to make those from 3rd world nations want to kiss the soil of our country when they get here.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
They don't!
They do. Vehemently.

http://saudiembassy.net/2001News/News/TerDetail.asp?cIndex=3169
http://groups.colgate.edu/aarislam/response.htm
http://www.unc.edu/~kurzman/terror.htm
http://usinfo.state.gov/is/internat...erican_Groups_Denounce_Terrorist_Attacks.html

Please look into such highly offensive claims before you make them. You may find that the propaganda spoon-fed to you is false.

If Christians were found behind terrorism, you'de have Christians everywhere speaking out against these evil acts of hatred...
Terrorism should be objected by all peoples no matter what faith is behind it. If the actions were performed by Hindus, Buddhists, Christians, Deists, whatever, the international response should be unanimous and uninterested in the faith.

Put the onus where it belongs please. And unless they all wear Tshirts that identify which side of Islam they're on, I'M A LITTLE LEARY OF ISLAM. (and I don't apologize for that).
If people claiming CHRISTIANITY were doing this, you guys would be the first ones in the persecuting lines to get your shots in at us as an entire religion; .... heck, it's already done in your posts and we haven't done anything.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself. I don't care what faith the terrorists are; they are still terrorist, whether they worship Allah or Brahman.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing I said is highly offensive. No more than you're statements seem to be.
So I guess I should be scouring the internet rather than watching the TV news to hear these Muslims speaking out.
I'm not the only one that's mentioned their lack of publicizing their views; this issue has been raised on both CNN and Fox news asking where all the leaders of Islam have been. Most people don't hunt the net to read rebukes to terrorists.
(including terrorists, I'd imagine!).

Terrorism should be objected by all peoples no matter what faith is behind it. If the actions were performed by Hindus, Buddhists, Christians, Deists, whatever, the international response should be unanimous and uninterested in the faith.
List for me all the many major faiths in the past 100 years that have been Hijacked by radically violent fringe groups in the USA. None come to my mind. IF they were prevalent, I can assure you, we'd be a little leary of them as well.
Please try to understand what "leary" and "hatred" both mean! One is reserving caution, the other is outright disdain for people JUST BCUZ they're who they are.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. I don't care what faith the terrorists are; they are still terrorist, whether they worship Allah or Brahman.
Maybe YOU should look into your OWN "prejudiced" or angry issues against people - namely Christians.
Or maybe you're just having a bad day today; who knows :/

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I guess I should be scouring the internet rather than watching the TV news

Well see most news outlets in America are part of the entertainment divisions, and terrorist sell products, people denouncing terrorism isn't nearly as interesting. :(
tulc(a sad commentary on America) :sigh:

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well see most news outlets in America are part of the entertainment divisions, and terrorist sell products, people denouncing terrorism isn't nearly as interesting. :(
tulc(a sad commentary on America) :sigh:
Well, I don't know if it's mostly the USA - I think Europe is the same or worse.

But seriously, there were many reports at least 2 yrs after 9/11 on top news channels asking where all the Muslims were to denounce these acts - we also didn't see or hear them in prior terror acts in Yemen on our ship, in Israel in Bali and other countries. (not just America).

I don't know if it's only bcuz the news just wants negative stories - but many have asked where the Muslim presence is in fighting this WITHIN ISLAM.

I don't know the answer, but I DO know that since it's rampant in THIS religion specifically, I'm leary of Muslims. Period. But again, leary doesnt' mean hatred either.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So I guess I should be scouring the internet rather than watching the TV news to hear these Muslims speaking out.
I'm not the only one that's mentioned their lack of publicizing their views; this issue has been raised on both CNN and Fox news asking where all the leaders of Islam have been. Most people don't hunt the net to read rebukes to terrorists.
(including terrorists, I'd imagine!).

List for me all the many major faiths in the past 100 years that have been Hijacked by radically violent fringe groups in the USA. None come to my mind. IF they were prevalent, I can assure you, we'd be a little leary of them as well.
Please try to understand what "leary" and "hatred" both mean! One is reserving caution, the other is outright disdain for people JUST BCUZ they're who they are.

Maybe YOU should look into your OWN "prejudiced" or angry issues against people - namely Christians.

I agree with most of what you've said. Obvious some are bias against Christianity.

The religion of Islam is not peaceful. Those in Islam that portray peace do not follow the full principles of Islam.
Those that speak of peace are moderate. The goal of Islam is to bring all subject to it. The other problem with Islam is that most muslims have been killed by...other muslims. We will always be at war with terror. However
Bush has declared war on Islam, regardless of what he says.

Bush has done more harm to peace than Islam. The war against Afganistan was legit. However, he dropped that and went to Iraq. He created a situation where there is no winning result. He has created many terrorist there. Iraq was a secular nation
No doubt the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]es will eventually use democracy to
vote in a theocracy and we will have another Iran on our hands.

Bush has no answer. All he will do is keep the status and hand it off to the next President. Since it is a lose lose situation, he will shilft all blame.

Bush is losing the war against terror and any canidate that follows his path will ensure that terror expands. Bush has used fear, but he has created most of that fear.

However, I don't think a war canidate has any chance
to become President with only 12-20% of America supporting the war.

I find nothing Christian about Bush. Frankly, it sickens me that the only fans he has left is Fund. Christians.
That is sad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
My statements are grammatically correct. If they are offensive, please, point out where.

I would recommend both. In any case, you said:

They don't!

You said nothing about thier reaction on television.

I'm not the only one that's mentioned their lack of publicizing their views; this issue has been raised on both CNN and Fox news asking where all the leaders of Islam have been.
I have seen what passes for News in the US. Suffice to say, it makes me glad to be British.

List for me all the many major faiths in the past 100 years that have been Hijacked by radically violent fringe groups in the USA.
Christianity.

Methinks I have touched a nerve.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with most of what you've said. Obvious some are bias against Christianity.

The religion of Islam is not peaceful. Those in Islam that portray peace do not follow the full principles of Islam.
Those that speak of peace are moderate. The goal of Islam is to bring all subject to it. The other problem with Islam is that most muslims have been killed by...other muslims. We will always be at war with terror. However
Bush has declared war on Islam, regardless of what he says.

Bush has done more harm to peace than Islam. The war against Afganistan was legit. However, he dropped that and went to Iraq. He created a situation where there is no winning result. He has created many terrorist there. Iraq was a secular nation
No doubt the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]es will eventually use democracy to
vote in a theocracy and we will have another Iran on our hands.

Bush has no answer. All he will do is keep the status and hand it off to the next President. Since it is a lose lose situation, he will shilft all blame.

Bush is losing the war against terror and any canidate that follows his path will ensure that terror expands. Bush has used fear, but he has created most of that fear.

However, I don't think a war canidate has any chance
to become President with only 12-20% of America supporting the war.

I find nothing Christian about Bush. Frankly, it sickens me that the only fans he has left is Fund. Christians.
That is sad.
I would hope that your obvious disdain for Bush is met with PRAYER for the man - one of our greater errors as Christians was attacking Clinton in hatred of what he was doing, and prayer stopped for him -
not just "him", HIS LEADERSHIP of the nation. Some horrible things were accepted by him like partial birth abortion.

But anyways, I don't want to get into Bush bashing - NO LEADERS have the answers to this. No Democrat has it either.
And now that we ARE in Iraq, we have to handle it correctly. Attacks after the fact aren't helpful at all.

I don't want to get much onto politics, I'll get going and NEVER shut up! lol I'm not PRO Bush, but I'm not ANTI Bush - he's done some good things and things I wish he didn't. *note, hindsight is always 20/20 too.
It's easy to MOnday morning quarterback.

Please PRAY for the leadership of our leaders & this country that's spiralling into pure moral decay & spiritual apathy.
:wave: :angel:

Upvote 0

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My statements are grammatically correct. If they are offensive, please, point out where.

I would recommend both. In any case, you said:

They don't!

I have seen what passes for News in the US. Suffice to say, it makes me glad to be British.

Christianity.

A liberal European, that explains it ;)

I don't blame you for embracing Islam....It won't be long before Islam takes over there. Just look at your neighbors.

Upvote 0

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I would hope that your obvious disdain for Bush is met with PRAYER for the man - one of our greater errors as Christians was attacking Clinton in hatred of what he was doing, and prayer stopped for him -
not just "him", HIS LEADERSHIP of the nation. Some horrible things were accepted by him like partial birth abortion.

But anyways, I don't want to get into Bush bashing - NO LEADERS have the answers to this. No Democrat has it either.
And now that we ARE in Iraq, we have to handle it correctly. Attacks after the fact aren't helpful at all.

I don't want to get much onto politics, I'll get going and NEVER shut up! lol I'm not PRO Bush, but I'm not ANTI Bush - he's done some good things and things I wish he didn't. *note, hindsight is always 20/20 too.
It's easy to MOnday morning quarterback.

Please PRAY for the leadership of our leaders & this country that's spiralling into pure moral decay & spiritual apathy.
:wave: :angel:

Oh, I voted for him the first time, just didn't vote the second. He needs to find the wizard and get a brain.

My problem is not only the war, but that he is the biggest spender in history, done nothing to protect the borders and has sold America out to China and India.

The only think he is concerned about is keeping his family wealthy. His father still sits on many boards for oil companies in Saudia Arabia. He is lined up to sit on several already set up in Iraq...but that will fail if the war ends.

Prepare for Hillary...because we ain't gonna win the next one, unless someone changes their war stance.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wasn't "feeling sorry for myself" whatsoever and frankly I don't even understand where you would have thought such a thing by my statement?

They don't!

I think we can BOTH find criticism for the way things are in Brittain AND the USA.
You're country isn't any loftier - neither is ours. And frankly I see no reason to sit & point at who's countries are worse - I think ALL our leaders are screwing things up on a monumental level.
So lets not start stooping to lower levels - I have a friend who lives out there & has told me all kinds of things that make me happy I don't live there.

Enjoy where you live, I'll find happiness where I live.

Christianity.

No, some people make it a hobby to debate with Christians & the negative spin is put everywhere; don't EVEN start thinking you "push buttons" (which no doubt would send you into elation!) rofl. :sleep:

I've debated for 12 years with many pagans & atheists - I see alot more than you know & the plots & plans are quite obvious - so are the digs & jabs & the skepticism as a hobby.

The ones that have the issues are those who come to OPPOSE the groups they don't belong to or agree with. Instead of leaving people to their beliefs and accepting them in that.
My hobbies aren't going to people who don't believe in the Lord I do to go force them to prove their beliefs to me & seek to cause them doubt in their faith.
(the very thing we so often get hit up for!) - ironically!.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, I voted for him the first time, just didn't vote the second. He needs to find the wizard and get a brain.

My problem is not only the war, but that he is the biggest spender in history, done nothing to protect the borders and has sold America out to China and India.

The only think he is concerned about is keeping his family wealthy. His father still sits on many boards for oil companies in Saudia Arabia. He is lined up to sit on several already set up in Iraq...but that will fail if the war ends.

Prepare for Hillary...because we ain't gonna win the next one, unless someone changes their war stance.
Gulliani has a fair chance -- I'm banking on men not voting for a female. LOLO

Honestly, I think you should try to pray for Bush, if you cannot, then you may need to seek God about forgiving him or harboring bitterness that shouldn't be that deep.

Bashing the man openly like this isn't constructive - he can't be reelected anyways - if you can't pray for them, then I'd pray God work in you to where you can - sounds like a deeper issue going on w/ anger or unforgiveness or something.
It truly grieves me to see someone pummelled so badly that has this kind of weight on his shoulders in running the country.
I don't have to like everything he does, but God calls me to pray for his leadership over us. & MAYBE IT'S BECUZ WE QUIT PRAYING FOR HIM THAT HE STARTED MAKING THE BAD DECISIONS...
just a thought :wave: :angel:

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A liberal European, that explains it ;)

I don't blame you for embracing Islam....It won't be long before Islam takes over there. Just look at your neighbors.
This is why I said, all our countries have made monumental errors - and it won't be till later that they become evident & manifest; but by then it will be too late.

I've heard quite a few Christians mention that terrorism is a judgment God sends on a nation (they gave a verse for it, i'll try to find it)... maybe this IS the end times catalyst that will bring all the prophecies to pass. We'll wait & see.

Upvote 0

Armistead

Veteran
Aug 11, 2007
NC
✟2,439.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Gulliani has a fair chance -- I'm banking on men not voting for a female. LOLO

Honestly, I think you should try to pray for Bush, if you cannot, then you may need to seek God about forgiving him or harboring bitterness that shouldn't be that deep.

Bashing the man openly like this isn't constructive - he can't be reelected anyways - if you can't pray for them, then I'd pray God work in you to where you can - sounds like a deeper issue going on w/ anger or unforgiveness or something.
It truly grieves me to see someone pummelled so badly that has this kind of weight on his shoulders in running the country.
I don't have to like everything he does, but God calls me to pray for his leadership over us. & MAYBE IT'S BECUZ WE QUIT PRAYING FOR HIM THAT HE STARTED MAKING THE BAD DECISIONS...
just a thought :wave: :angel:

Oh, I'm a Bush Basher, even though I'm a Christian Conservative. We must always speak against bad policy.
I can pray for him until the cows come home, that isn't going to change all his failed policy.

Just as we speak out against bad liberal policy. As Americans we have to speak out against that which is wrong and hope someone can change it...however our
entire government system is corrupt in function. It's like hating the sin, not the sinner. I don't hate him, I hate
his dealings and arrogance

He has millions of prayers going up everyday..it hasn't changed him.

He can't help being stupid, but I think we need a leader
that can be understood. I almost have to change the channel on TV when he speaks...but sometimes it makes for good laughs.

</IMG></IMG>

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I wasn't "feeling sorry for myself" whatsoever and frankly I don't even understand where you would have thought such a thing by my statement?
You were playing the Persecuted Christian card:

If people claiming CHRISTIANITY were doing this, you guys would be the first ones in the persecuting lines to get your shots in at us as an entire religion;

This is trotted out far too often.

I think we can BOTH find criticism for the way things are in Brittain AND the USA.
You're country isn't any loftier - neither is ours. And frankly I see no reason to sit & point at who's countries are worse - I think ALL our leaders are screwing things up on a monumental level.
I was talking about the presentation of News. Nothing more.

No, some people make it a hobby to debate with Christians & the negative spin is put everywhere;
Ah, so because I am debating you, who happens to be a Christian, I must therefore be of the same ilk as Christian-bashers.
Thanks for showing me that not all Americans are stereotypist.

don't EVEN start thinking you "push buttons" (which no doubt would send you into elation!) rofl. :sleep:
This just makes me think I touched a nerve even more. Defensive much?

I've debated for 12 years with many pagans & atheists - I see alot more than you know & the plots & plans are quite obvious - so are the digs & jabs & the skepticism as a hobby.
Fascinating. Forgive me, however, if I do not bow to your questionable expertise (one would think, for example, that 12 years of rhetoric and debate would make one proficient in the English language).

The ones that have the issues are those who come to OPPOSE the groups they don't belong to or agree with. Instead of leaving people to their beliefs and accepting them in that.
My hobbies aren't going to people who don't believe in the Lord I do to go force them to prove their beliefs to me & seek to cause them doubt in their faith.
(the very thing we so often get hit up for!) - ironically!.
Quite. Your point?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.