What it looks like after the pipeline comes through.

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
FB_IMG_1488162008074.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
So peaceful--as long as you're not depending on the nearby rivers for your water supply...
The liberal protesters from a variety of causes are "So peaceful," unless you're riding in the back of an ambulance and need to get to a hospital.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was listening to the radio today after coming home from a funeral. They were saying there might be environment value to thus pipeline in the longrun. I'll see if I can find it on the net.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I was listening to the radio today after coming home from a funeral. They were saying there might be environment value to thus pipeline in the longrun. I'll see if I can find it on the net.
Of course there would be. More accidents happen transporting the stuff. Liberals don't think about that though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm happy to entertain what you believe is an alternative purpose for it.

It's not Jobs, for only 40 permanent Jobs will be created from it.

It's not Tax Revenue, for 4 states will have to split $55MM in annual revenue (Remember, Colorado rakes in $20MM/MONTH in Marijuana Taxes)

It will have no impact on production. It costs anywhere from $5 million to $15 million to drill a well in North Dakota’s Bakken formation. After the last bust, producers and their investors are unlikely to fork out that kind of cash until oil prices go up considerably and stay there, which will only happen if Saudi Arabia commits to a long-term slash in its production. Unless new wells are drilled in North Dakota at a furious rate, production will continue to decrease, thanks to the decline curve.

Even if the Pipeline somehow generates an increase in supply, any increased supply delivered by the pipeline (without a consequent increase in demand) would increase the amount of oil supply on a market where demand can’t keep up with supply. The glut grows. Prices slide further downward. There’s even less drilling. Production slides. The cycle continues.

The Dakota Access Pipeline, on its own, is not likely to result in increased production of North Dakota crude, because more pipeline capacity ≠ more demand.

Therefore, the pipeline will not create more oil field jobs or result in higher severance tax revenues to North Dakota.

If there is any uptick in production thanks to the pipeline, it won’t be enough to put a dent in the 5.2 million barrels of oil the U.S. continues to import each and every day;

Since the pipeline won’t push more production, it also will not result in more consumption. Therefore, it will not directly lead to a significant increase in carbon emissions.

Which is to say the pipeline will be neither the economic boon, nor the climate bane, it’s been made out to be. Nor will it get the U.S. any closer to energy independence.

Why, then, is Energy Transfer Partners so intent on building this thing?

As I said, I'm happy to entertain what you believe are the benefits beyond the generation of profit for ETP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't let @Michie fool you. She pretends that it's her phone and service when the reality is is that she's trying to surpass @brinny in post count.
Ha! I never pay attention to my post count but I am sure it is embarrassingly high! :p

Upvote 0