Christian parents say daughter removed from their care after refusing to affirm gender identity

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Montana's Republican Gov. Greg Gianforte said officials followed state policy in a case concerning Christian parents who claim they lost custody of their daughter after they refused to allow her to undergo experimental trans medicalization.

Apparently, you can now get your child taken away by CPS if you refuse to let your kid go through so-called "gender affirming care" if they come out as transgender. This is definitely another huge threat to religious freedom. Nobody should feel compelled to let their kid go through that.

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Apparently, you can now get your child taken away by CPS if you refuse to let your kid go through so-called "gender affirming care" if they come out as transgender. This is definitely another huge threat to religious freedom. Nobody should feel compelled to let their kid go through that.
Not surprised, but disturbed by this trend. I hope the parents appeal this case all the way to the supreme court.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

That’s crazy. And scary that they could get away with doing that.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Gender affirming care" God See's two, male and female. He does not do transgender.
Same quote from a different thread

Same Answer:

Yeah.
Ok.
Well, if you say so...

Wait, I have access to a huge health oriented database.......

Check the interwebs.
{Time passes}

The US NIH suggests this website for classification and identification of intersexed individuals, and THEY say:

{Emphasis mine}

Below we provide a summary of statistics drawn from an article by Brown University researcher Anne Fausto-Sterling.2 The basis for that article was an extensive review of the medical literature from 1955 to 1998 aimed at producing numeric estimates for the frequency of sex variations. Note that the frequency of some of these conditions, such as congenital adrenal hyperplasia, differs for different populations. These statistics are approximations.

Not XX and not XY one in 1,666 births
Klinefelter (XXY) one in 1,000 births
Androgen insensitivity syndrome one in 13,000 births
Partial androgen insensitivity syndrome one in 130,000 births
Classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia one in 13,000 births
Late onset adrenal hyperplasia one in 66 individuals
Vaginal agenesis one in 6,000 births
Ovotestes one in 83,000 births
Idiopathic (no discernable medical cause) one in 110,000 births
Iatrogenic (caused by medical treatment, for instance progestin administered to pregnant mother) no estimate
5 alpha reductase deficiency no estimate
Mixed gonadal dysgenesis no estimate
Complete gonadal dysgenesis one in 150,000 births
Hypospadias (urethral opening in perineum or along penile shaft) one in 2,000 births
Hypospadias (urethral opening between corona and tip of glans penis) one in 770 births

Total number of people whose bodies differ from standard male or female one in 100 births
Total number of people receiving surgery to “normalize” genital appearance one or two in 1,000 births

I guess you're wrong.

Sorry about that.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Same quote from a different thread

Same Answer:

Yeah.
Ok.
Well, if you say so...

Wait, I have access to a huge health oriented database.......

Check the interwebs.
{Time passes}

The US NIH suggests this website for classification and identification of intersexed individuals, and THEY say:

{Emphasis mine}

I guess you're wrong.

Sorry about that.
That's about 1% of the population...what about the rest of the transgendered people?

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

As much as I hate to add some critical thinking into a religious forum. There is a metric fascinating ton of things going on in this situation that isn't being talked about in this article.

First of all, Montana Governor Greg Gianforte signed a law into effect making this illegal last year, he actually had his Lt. Governor personally investigate this, and she found that the law had been followed. Second, take the transgender stuff out of the situation, and it's still a dysfunctional situation that needs correcting before this kid dies. She actively trying to kill herself and the family seems unable to cope with it.

Second, the only person quoted is the (possibly evil, who knows?) stepmother of the daughter. The biological mother and father aren't takin'. That's weird (well, suspect, anyway).

Third, frankly, the journalism is lazy, I don't know that I'd take the stepmother's word on the subject if it wasn't backed up by the Lt. Govoneor's investigation.

Something horrible is going on in this family, and it's not that transgender part that's at issue from my reading between the lines here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As much as I hate to add some critical thinking into a religious forum. There is a metric fascinating ton of things going on in this situation that isn't being talked about in this article.

First of all, Montana Governor Greg Gianforte signed a law into effect making this illegal last year, he actually had his Lt. Governor personally investigate this, and she found that the law had been followed. Second, take the transgender stuff out of the situation, and it's still a dysfunctional situation that needs correcting before this kid dies. She actively trying to kill herself and the family seems unable to cope with it.

Second, the only person quoted is the (possibly evil, who knows?) stepmother of the daughter. The biological mother and father aren't takin'. That's weird (well, suspect, anyway).

Third, frankly, the journalism is lazy, I don't know that I'd take the stepmother's word on the subject if it wasn't backed up by the Lt. Govoneor's investigation.

Something horrible is going on in this family, and it's not that transgender part that's at issue from my reading between the lines here.
You are so passive aggressive Charlie. ;)

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's about 1% of the population...what about the rest of the transgendered people?

Look, dude, let's not change the subject now that I've dropped the fact on you :

YOU say God don't do transgender.

I say you're wrong.

And you are.

YOU don't get to put false words into God's mouth and have me let YOU get away with it.

YOU don't get to de-humanize people on this forum while I'm here.

That's the points.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If transgenders are 1% of the population, I wonder what the percentage of true hermaphrodites are....
This is the hermaphrodite percentage. (The people that trans activists always invoke when 'proving' that transgenderism is 'ok' with God.)

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
It’s time to pray like we never prayed before.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I always wonder about hermaphrodites.
There's nothing to wonder about.

No one cared until the USSC overturned Roe.

Then the GQP needed an new shiny thing to distract the religious right and Wango budango TRANS PEOPLE ARE STEALING YOUR CHILDREN

I've seen it done before....

Orange juice...Anita Bryant... homosexuals are all after your children....

It ends with someone getting Pie in the face

(Seriously look it up- I was actually there it was hilarious)

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
There's nothing to wonder about.

No one cared until the USSC overturned Roe.

Then the GQP needed an new shiny thing to distract the religious right and Wango budango TRANS PEOPLE ARE STEALING YOUR CHILDREN

I've seen it done before....

Orange juice...Anita Bryant... homosexuals are all after your children....

It ends with someone getting Pie in the face

(Seriously look it up- I was actually there it was hilarious)
She prayed for him and started crying. I'm not defending Anita Bryant because she came off as pretty...over the top. Her granddaughter is actually a lesbian.

Upvote 0