✟83,577.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus spoke in Mat 24:

42 "Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."
Be ready for Jesus' second coming.

Paul repeated the warning in 1 Thessalonians 5:

1 Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. 2 For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief.
Though we don't know the date of Jesus' second coming, when he comes, it should not surprise us.

Peter used the same imagery in 2 Peter 3:

10 But the Day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and its works will be laid bare.
Jesus warned the church in Sardis in Revelation 3:

2 Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. 3 Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you.
Be ready. Be on the alert.

Jesus exhorted everyone in Revelation 16:

15 “Behold, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake, keeping his garments on, that he may not go about naked and be seen exposed!”
Don't get caught exposed. Be diligent so you won't be surprised when Jesus comes like a thief in the night.

Reactions: Vambram

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Jesus spoke in Mat 24:

Be ready for Jesus' second coming.

Paul repeated the warning in 1 Thessalonians 5:

Though we don't know the date of Jesus' second coming, when he comes, it should not surprise us.

Peter used the same imagery in 2 Peter 3:

Jesus warned the church in Sardis in Revelation 3:

Be ready. Be on the alert.

Jesus exhorted everyone in Revelation 16:

Don't get caught exposed. Be diligent so you won't be surprised when Jesus comes like a thief in the night.
-
This is describing the rapture

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0