Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I got hold of Pastor Guerin's Documentary Report on the Aberrent Practices of the Kansas City Prophets. As part of the report, there were extensive quotes of the prophecies of Bob Jones, a disgraced Kansas City prophet (sexual misconduct exposed). I downloaded the PDF file, and set it up on my Voice Dream Reader Software. I listened to this section for around 2 hours around bedtime. I turned it off and went to sleep. Soon after I had a real nightmare where I felt trapped, and began yelling in my dream, "Wake me up! Wake me up!" After what seemed to me quite a while, I abruptly woke up. I felt so disturbed, I decided not to listen to any more of that document.

Because this was the most serious nightmare that I have had for a very long time, and it coming straight after listening (through my Reader software) written copies of these false prophecies, I came to the conclusion that I had suffered a very serious demonic attack. In order to be able to get back to sleep, I changed to my Voice Dream Reader rendering of The Christian In Complete Armour to immerse myself in material that was saturated in God's Word concerning defeating the wiles of the devil and being protected by the armour of God.

For this reason, I want to warn people not to heed false prophecies, and just listening or reading them can open one up to an attack by a divination spirit, as it did with me. The only way we can be protected is to have a deep knowledge of God's Word through extensive study of the Scriptures, so that as soon as we hear a false prophecy, we will know it right away and be able to reject it before a spirit of divination can get anywhere near us.

It is interesting that the recent "outing" of Mike Bickle being found guilty of "clergy abuse" involving sexual encounters with young women, and using manipulative prophecy to entice young women into these encounters, he is the third Kansas City prophet along with Bob Jones and Paul Cain to have their immorality exposed, thereby making their prophecies tainted and therefore false. Because these three are the most prominent prophets of the Kansas City Prophets, one must have to question the validity of the NAR movement as a whole.

• Informative
Reactions: lismore

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You should try to investigate the better people you can find not the worst.
It's important to warn about the effects of listening to false prophecies so that people avoid the type of nightmare that I had. The problem about investigating better prophecies is that they are so rare they are too difficult to find. The reason why a rattlesnake has a rattle and a redback spider has a red stripe on it is so people steer clear of them so they are not bitten. Only a fool will continue swimming or surfing when there is a warning of a shark swimming close to shore. Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel Jesus, John, Peter, and Jude gave clear warnings against false prophets and teachers. They didn't do what you are saying I shouldn't do, because there are multitudes more false prophets than good ones.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got hold of Pastor Guerin's Documentary Report on the Aberrent Practices of the Kansas City Prophets. As part of the report, there were extensive quotes of the prophecies of Bob Jones, a disgraced Kansas City prophet (sexual misconduct exposed). I downloaded the PDF file, and set it up on my Voice Dream Reader Software. I listened to this section for around 2 hours around bedtime. I turned it off and went to sleep. Soon after I had a real nightmare where I felt trapped, and began yelling in my dream, "Wake me up! Wake me up!" After what seemed to me quite a while, I abruptly woke up. I felt so disturbed, I decided not to listen to any more of that document.

Because this was the most serious nightmare that I have had for a very long time, and it coming straight after listening (through my Reader software) written copies of these false prophecies, I came to the conclusion that I had suffered a very serious demonic attack. In order to be able to get back to sleep, I changed to my Voice Dream Reader rendering of The Christian In Complete Armour to immerse myself in material that was saturated in God's Word concerning defeating the wiles of the devil and being protected by the armour of God.

For this reason, I want to warn people not to heed false prophecies, and just listening or reading them can open one up to an attack by a divination spirit, as it did with me. The only way we can be protected is to have a deep knowledge of God's Word through extensive study of the Scriptures, so that as soon as we hear a false prophecy, we will know it right away and be able to reject it before a spirit of divination can get anywhere near us.

It is interesting that the recent "outing" of Mike Bickle being found guilty of "clergy abuse" involving sexual encounters with young women, and using manipulative prophecy to entice young women into these encounters, he is the third Kansas City prophet along with Bob Jones and Paul Cain to have their immorality exposed, thereby making their prophecies tainted and therefore false. Because these three are the most prominent prophets of the Kansas City Prophets, one must have to question the validity of the NAR movement as a whole.
Sounds like you had a "sleep paralysis" experience? Remember, the adversary can do nothing unless God allows it. The Charismatic movement has moved in questionable directions. The KCP, Bob Jones, Paul Cain and the like are history. There is a new breed of false teachers and preachers and they are found in this branch of Christianity. So be wise as a serpent and practice discernment!
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's important to warn about the effects of listening to false prophecies so that people avoid the type of nightmare that I had. The problem about investigating better prophecies is that they are so rare they are too difficult to find. The reason why a rattlesnake has a rattle and a redback spider has a red stripe on it is so people steer clear of them so they are not bitten. Only a fool will continue swimming or surfing when there is a warning of a shark swimming close to shore. Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel Jesus, John, Peter, and Jude gave clear warnings against false prophets and teachers. They didn't do what you are saying I shouldn't do, because there are multitudes more false prophets than good ones.
I would seriously consider this.....stop seeking prophets.
Be blessed

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like you had a "sleep paralysis" experience? Remember, the adversary can do nothing unless God allows it. The Charismatic movement has moved in questionable directions. The KCP, Bob Jones, Paul Cain and the like are history. There is a new breed of false teachers and preachers and they are found in this branch of Christianity. So be wise as a serpent and practice discernment!
Be blessed.

Reminds me of the OK symbol. Some pranksters started propagating it meant something about white supremacy.
Now is listed as a hate symbol, i mean how false people can hijack something like this and people start to think all of it is wrong.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I have always questioned the validity of the NAR movement based on their eschatological errors that must sometimes taint at least some of their prophecies. I always figured that there is some truth in what they teach and preach and even prophesy. Still, I never focused much on it except letting it tune up my discernment.

Upvote 0