Christian parents say daughter removed from their care after refusing to affirm gender identity

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
She prayed for him and started crying. I'm not defending Anita Bryant because she came off as pretty...over the top. Her granddaughter is actually a lesbian.
...and still alive at 85 (ok 83 but 83 doesn't rhythm)

Orange juice and hate must do body good

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
She is extreme. I don't like her.
Extreme. Like beating a 16 year old kid to death for just being who they want to be.

We're going to have to do this all over again.
I was hoping to grow old, smoke dope in a legal state and watch world go by as my body slowly seizes up from arthritis.

Instead I'm going to have get back in the trenches and fight this battle

Again.

Maybe COVID will get me first.
It's a thought

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Extreme. Like beating a 16 year old kid to death for just being who they want to be.

I was hoping to grow old, smoke dope in a legal state and watch world go by as my body slowly seizes up from arthritis.

Again.

It's a thought
God bless you Charlie, I'm sure you have many, many years left

Peace

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My mother was a friends with a hermaprodite in school. That was a long time ago. He ended up choosing to live as a male. I’m just glad the doctors did not make the decision for him. And back in her day, they usually did. It was usually a decision to make them a female.
I always wonder about hermaphrodites.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My mother was a friends with a hermaprodite in school. That was a long time ago. He ended up choosing to live as a male. I’m just glad the doctors did not make the decision for him. And back in her day, they usually did. It was usually a decision to make them a female.
Under developed testicles are at high risk for cancer. It was best to remove them early. They have a better handle on things now.

It's best to get some idea of gender identity and sexual orientation of the intersexed person before going surgery if it can be avoided.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What does the RCC have to say about them? Are they allowed to choose their gender and marry?

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What does the RCC have to say about them? Are they allowed to choose their gender and marry?
If they can't copulate the marriage, then no, they can't receive the Sacrament of Matrimony.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If they can't copulate the marriage, then no, they can't receive the Sacrament of Matrimony.
What about really old people? Can they marry?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Again.

It's a thought
Myself, given the current trends these days, I have reason to suspect I may end up getting shot to death by totalitarianized police, stroking out from a myocardial infarction due to the supply of prescription drugs being interrupted in combat areas, or vaporized by a nuclear weapon.

Doesn't really matter much to me, one way or the other. I have lived too long on this infected little rock, and I'm not really thrilled with the way the world is going. I won't be unhappy when it's time to go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The word you're looking for is consummate

Although as written ots both correct and funny.

Spell checkers are not to be trusted

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As much as I hate to add some critical thinking into a religious forum. There is a metric fascinating ton of things going on in this situation that isn't being talked about in this article.

First of all, Montana Governor Greg Gianforte signed a law into effect making this illegal last year, he actually had his Lt. Governor personally investigate this, and she found that the law had been followed. Second, take the transgender stuff out of the situation, and it's still a dysfunctional situation that needs correcting before this kid dies. She actively trying to kill herself and the family seems unable to cope with it.

Second, the only person quoted is the (possibly evil, who knows?) stepmother of the daughter. The biological mother and father aren't takin'. That's weird (well, suspect, anyway).

Third, frankly, the journalism is lazy, I don't know that I'd take the stepmother's word on the subject if it wasn't backed up by the Lt. Govoneor's investigation.

Something horrible is going on in this family, and it's not that transgender part that's at issue from my reading between the lines here.

Do you have an article that goes more indepth on the situation? I'd like to know more about what you're saying.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wow, in Montana of all places.

The only way to avoid these things is to keep your kid out of public schools, libraries, day care facilities or whatever else might be run or funded by the government and therefore staffed by the wackos who would A) try to pervert your child, and B) report you for having a problem with it.

We're either going to send my son to Catholic school when he's a bit older or we'll home school him if we can't afford the former. I dunno what we'll do when he's high school age cause there aren't any options within an hour for that. Hopefully by then something's changed. But I'll be damned if I let the state take my kid, I'll send him and my wife to my in-laws second home in Ecuador before some jack booted thug from CPS tries to kidnap him and turn him into a deviant.

Myself, given the current trends these days, I have reason to suspect I may end up getting shot to death by totalitarianized police, stroking out from a myocardial infarction due to the supply of prescription drugs being interrupted in combat areas, or vaporized by a nuclear weapon.

Doesn't really matter much to me, one way or the other. I have lived too long on this infected little rock, and I'm not really thrilled with the way the world is going. I won't be unhappy when it's time to go.

The mere fact that we feel like we can't rule that out completely as a possibility across our entire lifetime should be enough of an alarm for goodly Americans across the country.

We're too pacified by entertainment to do anything though. Take away smartphones, TVs, and computers and then you'd have an engaged electorate. But not as long as they're consuming large quantities of mental and spiritual arsenic from all of our devices.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟67,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you have an article that goes more indepth on the situation? I'd like to know more about what you're saying.

You do a little research and this goes sideway's fast:

The kid's in Wyoming because Montana doesn't have enough child mental health facilities. ( Which begs the question: why is the kid in a mental health facility?)

The Kid's birth mother is Canadian, still lives in Canada and is evidentially going to get custody of the kid when they are released. (Another question I can't answer: why is the kid going to Canada?)

..And EVERYBODY is evidentially under a gag order from the judge in Montana.

There is WAY more going on here then is being reported and the shiny thing is that the kid is transgender and I don't think that's the real issue here. Something is going on and no one can talk talk about it.

Upvote 0