Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
A couple summers ago I was hanging out with a buddy and we were in my backyard chatting and stargazing at night. That's when I saw a light move and then look like it changed direction, grow a bit brighter then just vanish. My friend saw it too. I had to ask him if he saw that because I wasn't sure I could trust my own eyes--he did.

I would call that my own UFO sighting. But that doesn't mean it was aliens. A UFO doesn't mean aliens (or demons, for those who think that way). It just means unidentified flying object. I don't know what I saw, it could just have been a satellite and the erratic movement was an optical illusion, that's probably the best explanation I can think of.

I bring this up because I think the fact that I've had my own UFO sighting is relevant when I say that I don't think aliens have ever visited earth. Or, rather, I don't believe there is any evidence for it. That doesn't mean there can't be aliens out there living on planets around other stars, I actually think that's probably quite likely. But that any have somehow been able to overcome the light barrier to make traversing vast distances of interstellar space in order to reach our cosmic backyard seems incredibly unlikely.

I also don't believe that supposed alien encounters are demonic. I think the most likely explanations for such encounters either have naturalistic explanations, or in many cases are straight up fabrications.

I don't believe there are little green men piloting flying saucers and visiting earth, and I don't think those little green men are actually demons.

But I do think that, in the overwhelming vastness of creation, chances are quite high that there is life out there on other worlds; but the vast distances between stars means that any world with life on it is, like here on earth, basically a lonely island in a sea of stars.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
At this relatively early stage of scientific thought, faster than light travel has been put forward as possible.

If Moses writing Genesis and Job had wanted to, he could have mentioned angels or messengers, but instead, sons of God.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If Moses writing Genesis and Job had wanted to, he could have mentioned angels or messengers, but instead, sons of God.
All "sons of God" Old Testament references in context are heavenly beings not humans. There are no humans called sons of God in scripture until the New Testament.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So what can we think of them. Depends on what one thinks they have done. If we're talking about their appearing as lights in the sky acting in mysterious ways playing cat and mouse with airline pilots we could say they're beings which like to tantalize the human race. If their actions portray themselves as playing games with us then that's not very nice. If they've got something to say then say it.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
All "sons of God" Old Testament references in context are heavenly beings not humans. There are no humans called sons of God in scripture until the New Testament.
Sons of God looking at Heavenly beings, means in God's image and likeness, angels are not so.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sons of God looking at Heavenly beings, means in God's image and likeness, angels are not so.
Not so. Sons of God in the OT are heavenly creatures created by the hand of God. Context matters!

Job 1;6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Most Bible scholars recognize the sons of God here as part of Gods heavenly hosts. There is no evidence human men went before God in a heavenly meeting with satan present.

Job 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

2 And the Lord said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Again we have a heavenly meeting attended by no human beings also attended by satan.

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

This verse is key to understanding who the sons of God were in the book of Job. There were no humans shouting for joy when God laid the foundations of the earth. Only heavenly creatures, God's created heavenly hosts

Genesis 6:1
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Above are ALL Old Testament references to "sons of God" none refer to human men.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Not so. Sons of God in the OT are heavenly creatures created by the hand of God. Context matters!

Job 1;6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Most Bible scholars recognize the sons of God here as part of Gods heavenly hosts. There is no evidence human men went before God in a heavenly meeting with satan present.

Job 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.

2 And the Lord said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Again we have a heavenly meeting attended by no human beings also attended by satan.

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

This verse is key to understanding who the sons of God were in the book of Job. There were no humans shouting for joy when God laid the foundations of the earth. Only heavenly creatures, God's created heavenly hosts

Genesis 6:1
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Above are ALL Old Testament references to "sons of God" none refer to human men.
You got me wrong, I agree. I see them as Heavenly beings, sons of God made in His image and likeness before us. But not angels. Like Satan who appeared with them, and was not one of them even though he was an angel. I follow the Gap Theory, in Genesis, that between making Heaven and Earth there was a vast span of time. Even before the fall of Lucifer. The sons of God sang at this time. Later we came to be, and they were fallen or paradise world sons. Representing the Earth in the assembly you quote from job is Satan, instead of Adam.

Fallen or holy, the sons are sons, but not Satan, who was not made in God's image and likeness. It is the same for all angels fallen or holy. They are not sons or daughters, they have no children. I think however that dark angels steal the seeds of men who touch, and create offspring against what is right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't think they're extraterrestrial life forms or demons. Instead, I think it's just human technology that's slightly more advanced than what most of us are used to. Whether by accident or by design, our education systems are inefficient at harnessing human potential. Whether "alien technology" is the product of bright people who slipped through the cracks, or the handiwork of individuals who were truly educated in an optimal manner, I can't say, but nothing I've seen strikes me as unachievable by people with the motivation and resources.

Those so-called "alien" craft aren't breaking the rules of physics as some like to claim. They're using them. Photons are pretty light, for instance (no pun intended) and it's hard to judge the scale and distance of what people are seeing. Objects in mirror might be a lot closer than you think! Essentially, part "smoke and mirrors" and part tech that's slightly more advanced than we're familiar with. All well within the scope of human ingenuity.

Regarding abductions, I think the abductors human... but perhaps easier to come to terms with when they're are seen as aliens. A psychological coping mechanism rather than visitors from another planet.

Do I think fallen angels and extra terrestrial life exist? Yes, but I don't equate the two and doubt that either are responsible for what's commonly assumed to be alien activity.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,788.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If you don't believe the existence of life in other solar systems, aren't you limiting a limitless, generous, and loving God? God is certainly able and entitled to share the gift of life and creation wherever he chooses.
As for me I don't believe in them or disbelieve in them. Could God have created other intelligent life in other places. I suppose. I lean towards not believing it though. Not because I don't believe God couldn't have done it but I tend to have an idea of what God's original plan was.

God has established a seed time harvest principle, out of something small he does things great, and he wanted man to always have goals and progress forward. He told Adam and Eve to make the rest of the Earth like the garden of Eden, and why....to always keep having man with goals and things to achieve. What if man didn't sin. He would have completed the assignment of replenishing the earth....but what then....boredom forever? No I think it was now go out into the regions of the beyond and one world at a time make other worlds like the Earth. That plan got put on hold but I believe will be soon be brought back on the table.

Even among secular science fiction Isaac Asimov did a well known series called Foundation, million of years in the future. Among the characters in the story they heard about a legend that all life of the universe came from one old world called Gaila or EARTH and from that planet all life everywhere in the universe came. The story was the characters were going about to find that legendary planet, but nobody knew where it was. They finally discovered it however.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The aliens that people claim to come in contact with them - I do not believe they are real. I think either people make up the story, or they hallucinated, or they came into contact with demons pretending to be aliens.

• Winner
Reactions: Veloman
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
There is this idea that US radar confused the navigation systems of an alien craft, which crashed at Roswell. And somehow another species also ended up landing peacefully in area 51. I looked it up on google earth. It seems to be there.

Charles Hall worked with them.
Walking with the Tall Whites (2020) - IMDb

I'd say Hindu scriptures have it right regarding some worlds being paradises and others Hellish. The other sons of God are good or evil. And I'd say some aliens are disguised demons. Although Hindu scriptures don't believe in aliens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
From ChatGPT:
Yes, Hindu scriptures such as the Ramayana and the Mahabharata mention wars in the skies between celestial beings and gods. These battles are often depicted as having taken place between the devas (gods) and asuras (demons) using divine weapons and celestial vehicles.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,934.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't make sense that in the vastness of the Universe, there exists only one world.

What the Bible says is there are men and women....human beings living in other stars right now. Some of them are probably just like us, unaware there's other habited stars out there.

Stop being worldly and materialistic, stop being self-absorbed and conceited, stop listening to people who are anti-Christs, stop being an anti-Christ, stop listening to all the worldly lies, don't allow these lies to imprison your mind and you'll see it's all there in the Bible.

Upvote 0

ecumeni

Jan 7, 2023
Austin
✟17,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What the Bible says is there are men and women....human beings living in other stars right now. Some of them are probably just like us, unaware there's other habited stars out there.
where does it say that in the Bible?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,934.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
where does it say that in the Bible?

It's everywhere in the Bible. The Earth has "four winds", "four corners", defined edge or "ends", and has "pillars".

The Bible is not describing a planet but a galaxy. Our galaxy has four major arms (the four winds), definite edge, and pillar like structures around the center. Other ancient cultures describe our galaxy having four crooked arms.

"A Third of the Stars/Angels cast down on Earth" (on our galaxy). Such event was postulated to have have happened in our galaxy in the distant past. Astronomers have found evidence of it. Stars don't fall on a planet, that's ridiculous!

The tribe of Judah dispersed all over Earth (the Milky Way galaxy). It only says there are people (humans) all over our galaxy.

The "angels" were the stars and planets were the "nations". The Bible makes numerous analogy of Angels as stars and even referring to angels as stars. Angels of nations represented inhabited solar systems and the Angels guarded the nations (as our own Sun is keeping us alive and protected from many dangers in space in so many ways)

It is God's Will to spread ourselves all over this "Earth" or the galaxy. It is the Devil's Will to keep us all confined in one place (Tower of Babel), especially the righteous ones. Our worldly system is designed to keep us confined, save for the very few and the rich using the deliberately inefficient system of money to make matters concerning space travel prohibitively expensive, wasteful, and difficult.

What are the implications of these is that anything goes. The "final battle" could involve the entire galaxy, not just one planet. Our planet could face some major calamity and everyone dead, no survivors but doesn't mean it would be the end. Other "nations" could also exploit our utter ignorance of galactic affairs, they can just come here, pretend to be God or Jesus and subject us to their dictatorship, defeating us without firing a single shot. Who knows if it happened already? Given our unwillingness to seek the truth and go beyond our "comfort zones" it's not surprising we'll never find out.

It might be true there are no aliens because the Bible only says 'people' living in other star systems.

Ofc, it's entirely possible due to genetic isolation and local adaptation for isolated groups of human beings living in quite different environments to look quite different from us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0