Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The Eschatological viewpoints that are offered as poll options are derived from the Eschatology Forum Statement of Purpose. So if you are confused about which one you believe, consulting that topic may be helpful.

As for me, I believe in Pre-tribulation - Futurism above because of Mark 13:32 and Matthew 24:36-37:

Matthew 24:36-37 said:
36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

But perhaps you believe differently than me about this. What do you believe?

Reactions: BPPLEE

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
The Eschatological viewpoints that are offered as poll options are derived from the Eschatology Forum Statement of Purpose. So if you are confused about which one you believe, consulting that topic may be helpful.

As for me, I believe in Pre-tribulation - Futurism above because of Mark 13:32 and Matthew 24:36-37:

I am with you on pre-trib

And, although the scripture you cited could be true regarding the pre-trib…. they actually are in reference to the second coming when He (Jesus) comes to the earth in the Lords Day.

There can be nothing in the gospels or Old Testament prophecy that give reference to the rapture…. since the entire administration of grace (which includes the rapture) was a mystery (secret) ….and not fully revealed until after Pentecost.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The "first" resurrection of the saints will occur at the same time as Christ's return to the earth. It will happen "at the last trump," "after the great falling away," "after the unveiling of the man of sin" "after" the "great tribulation of those days," "on the last day."

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Rapture could be pre-70th week. But it has to be before the Antichrist goes into the temple, sits, claiming to have achieved God-hood - sometime around 3 years after the 70th week begins.

I call the rapture window between right this very second and the act by the Antichrist - the Anytime Rapture view. Not one of your choices. I am a futurist though.

ratpure window10.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I could not vote. I am partial Preterist and Amillennial.
Blessings

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟203,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I could not vote. I am partial Preterist and Amillennial.
I would put this under "Other Eschatology". I wanted to include "some combination of the above" in the options, but unfortunately the forum software limits the amount of poll choices I can put in a poll. Sorry about that.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I am also an anytime Rapture theorist. The Lord telling us He will come at an hour we don not expect means whatever we think is probably wrong, but I cannot see the church being put through the 7 bowls of wrath, so that is the latest, and pretribulation the earliest. But what concerns me is we are running out of time.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Partial preterism because:

Jesus said this generation would not pass away until all the things of the olivet discourse occurred.

Matthew 24:34 34Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened.

Thayers Greek lexicon on “generation”
3. the whole multitude of men living at the same time: Matthew 24:34; Mark 13:30; Luke 1:48 (πᾶσαι αἱ γενεαί); ; Philippians 2:15; used especially of the Jewish race living at one and the same period

The disciples’ generation did experience war, famine, persecution, false prophets, the gospel going to the whole oikoumene, the destruction the temple and Jerusalem, the days of vengeance to FULFILL ALL THAT IS WRITTEN, the coming of the son of man on the clouds, the coming of the kingdom of God in power, and the gathering of the good and bad into the wedding hall.

Additionally, The apostles expressed their beliefs in the nearness of the coming of Christ

1 Corinthians 10:11 11Now these things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.

Hebrews 10:37 37For, “In just a little while, He who is coming will come and will not delay.

1 peter 4:7 7The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear-minded and sober, so that you can pray

1 john 2:18 18Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour.

James 5:8 8You, too, be patient and strengthen your hearts, because the Lord’s coming has drawn near.

Reactions: LesSme
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,927.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What do you believe?
I won't vote on your list, as I do know what my Eschatology is and it isn't any of your listed 'ism's'.

I simply believe that the end time will unfold as all the Bible Prophets have plainly stated.
Very few of them can be proved to have happened yet and the ones that have were literally fulfilled. For example; The return of Judah from Babylon after 70 years, Jesus coming as a servant and riding on a donkey. The 2nd Temple totally destroyed.

There will be no rapture to heaven, those who have believed that theory have been deceived: we must endure until the end.
People are sadly unaware and unprepared for what will logically and obviously must happen to correct a world situation gone bad, a world that rejects its Creator.
Soon God will arise and send His fiery wrath, Isaiah 28:21, and will set the scene for all the unfilled Prophesies to take place, leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Revelation 19:16, to reign on earth for the next thousand years. Then comes Eternity.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My viewpoint: only God knows things in advance, humans will find out when it happens.

That's called pan-millenialism - everything will pan out in the end the way God decrees.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I have an Amillennial view of Revelation Amillennialism | Monergism

Upvote 0

IoanC

Oct 9, 2022
Ploiesti, Prahova
Visit site
✟29,183.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That's called pan-millenialism - everything will pan out in the end the way God decrees.
I agree. But I wasn't originally going that deep. I was simply thinking that only God knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Post trib. We aren't to know the day or the hour but we are to know the signs and seasons Christ lays out in the gospels as well as Paul in 2nd Thes and later John with Christ's Revelation so that day does not overtake us like a thief in the night- the analogy that Christ and others refer to. Both Christ and Paul give out very strict warnings about not being deceived on this very subject.

Christ lays out everything concerning this subject and states -

Mark 13:23 "But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things." He's saying, beware because I have told you all thing to watch for -the signs he just laid out.

Mark 13:24 "But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

Mark 13:25 "And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken."

Mark 13:26 "And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

The mystery that Paul speaks of concerning this subject in 2nd Cor is that "all" will be changed at the last trump

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Voted "Other". I'm an Amillennialist with Idealist and Partial-Preterist views. Though in many ways I am also agnostic on certain things, especially as it pertains to the Revelation of St. John. I mostly consider the Revelation to be a work for its time, thus I understand the Beast as a likely reference to Nero specifically, but to Roman imperial power more broadly; but also that in a sense that same anti-Christian power exists in many forms throughout times and places. I don't try and identify every detail in the Revelation with either a historical event or with a future event, but rather understand a lot of it within an idealist framework. On the other hand, I'm pretty convinced that the Olivet Discourse is, chiefly, about the destruction of the Temple, to which Jesus also adds that as it pertains to His coming and the end of the age, no one knows, and that it will come without warning, as the flood came without warning in Noah's day. It will be life as usual, people working, getting married, having children, when Christ returns in glory and judgment.

Actually, I'd go so far as to say that the Book of the Revelation features very little in my eschatological views. Which I think is pretty normative within more traditional Christian faith and practice; the Revelation has always been a controversial and enigmatic text in the Biblical Canon. It was one of the last books to gain widespread acceptance, and its significance has often been its liturgical influence moreso than eschatological. Martin Luther initially considered it as being undeserving of a place within the New Testament, though over time came to appreciate it more--keeping in mind that Luther engaged with a very old and longstanding discussion and debate about the Canon that included certain disputed books like the Revelation in the NT as well as the Deuterocaonical books in the OT.

-CryptoLutheran

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

No just pre-mill?

Upvote 0