US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Okay I have been "weird" since I was little. As I've grown up I've come to feel like society is weird and the world is crazy. Can somebody please explain this?

So I don't find violence drugs or crude sex jokes all that funny a lot of adult swim stuff and things other people find funny really really upsets me. My bf says I'm too sensitive but I get so disturbed by things like stuff on YouTube and things people find funny make me angry or outraged.

Why do so many people find violence, adult swim, celebrity death match, dark humor funny? Whereas I get upset to the point of tears or fighting with people who laugh.

Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Okay I have been "weird" since I was little. As I've grown up I've come to feel like society is weird and the world is crazy. Can somebody please explain this?

So I don't find violence drugs or crude sex jokes all that funny a lot of adult swim stuff and things other people find funny really really upsets me. My bf says I'm too sensitive but I get so disturbed by things like stuff on YouTube and things people find funny make me angry or outraged.

Why do so many people find violence, adult swim, celebrity death match, dark humor funny? Whereas I get upset to the point of tears or fighting with people who laugh.
our society is becoming very ill with a collective forms of psychosis and neurosis, because we are forgetting God. Hearts are becoming desensitized and hardened, so that even the most mournful of things don't produce the spirit of mourning in people, but are seen as appropriate or even good. This condition is that which is depicted in the Biblical words "woe unto them that call good evil, and evil good". We have neither the eyes to see nor the ears to hear the blessed things that God wills to reveal to us, his beloved children.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Because the world and the people in it are fallen. We have to lead them to the Lord to find Life in Jesus. Peace in Christ :).

• Agree
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

Hopefully , your hope, joy, and life is all in Jesus and believing trusting and relying on YHVH'S WORD (Scripture) as the standard and His Word is TRUTH.

In His Word, in Galatians, it is written that [all] society is pernicious. (death dealing, not content to be evil by itself, but seeking to drag everyone everywhere down)
In Revelation, it is written that the whole world is deceived (yes, the whole world),
and also that the people of the world, after billions die, refuse to repent of serving demons (working for demons, worshiping them).
This is now, today, in the day we are living.
In Ephesians, it is written that all people , (even us believers in Christ once were)
subject to the "prince of the power of the air" (the devil),
thus there is no reason to think society would be anything good, nor that anything good would come from society (as Jesus also warns - "everything born of the flesh, is flesh, and profits nothing" )
Few people can accept the truth. This also is written.
Trust Jesus. He is the ONLY HOPE, the ONLY WAY to come to the FATHER in heaven, to have forgiveness, resurrection life, joy, peace and righteousness (all written clearly in HIS WORD (SCRIPTURE) , OT and NT .

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Because the world and the people in it are fallen. We have to lead them to the Lord to find Life in Jesus. Peace in Christ :).
Amen and HalleluYAH ! in JESUS FOREVER ! PRAISE BE TO YHVH !
MARANANTHA ! COME QUICKLY JESUS !

Upvote 0

Toynbee

Trump Won
Sep 22, 2011
✟40,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right to be disturbed about today's society - and don't feel alone; I think anyone who claims the name of Christ should feel disturbed about what's going on around us.

Another word for "society" is the "world." Sometimes it's relatively tame, and in other eras it's like an infectious breakout.

Overt depravity is never "calming." But our rest is in Him.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Hi
I so agree! I don't like the secular world. There is so much nonsense and shallow thinking.
Once you know the Word of God and the light and life that Jesus Christ is, nothing can compare. You just be yourself, follow Him and be comforted that your soul is safe. What others do or say is entirely their choice. I understand what you are saying. So don't despair. God is watching and all will be judged eventually.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

People are different. A lot of my friends laugh at the same things I do. A lot of my friends don’t and think I’m weird. I think they are weird.

I came to the conclusion that when we say something is weird we are actually saying something is different and we don’t like it.

If if you go through life thinking ‘that’s different’ intead of ‘that’s weird’ the world will make a lot more sense and you will be a lot happier.

Weird, isn’t it?

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It’s something I had to come to grips with. Seeing how I had a spiritual birth (birth of the Son of God in my innermost being). My value system was changed. Those things that the world enjoyed I
found detestable. I found that the only people I was comfortable with was those that had a living relationship with Christ Jesus themselves. So it sounds like your in good shape!

Love in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It seems you still hv the pure heart.

Maybe, but I am not perfect. I have a problem with cursing, anger against other people, and I am not married to my bf and we live together for financial reasons ( we are planning on marriage though eventually if everything works out). Anyway I do a lot that's not good too and I wish i was better but still this other stuff bothers me.

I woke up in the middle of the night and kept replaying that awful show in my head that my bf watched and i had to get up (like someone suggested) and leave the room. It kept upsetting me over and over again.

I've been working on positive affirmations and not letting stuff get me upset but still very difficult.

I kinda wanted to illustrate what I'm talking about so u guys understand me better. This adult swim show was poking fun at the literal game of Life but it wasn't funny at all just very depressing again making me nearly cry. It was ridiculous at first as the characters are all pegs like the board game, but the themes we're awful. Show the main character a girl happy then getting rej from college and in the background there's singing and mocking music, then it shows her stuck at a fast food Job cause she couldn't get into college, then she nearly loses her job so she has an affair with her boss to keep her job accidentally gets pregnant has 4 kids and her husband is her boss and is an abusive alcoholic who beats her while all 4 kids watch. Then u hear a gunshot at the end of the fight and they show she shot her husband. The entire time there is singing in the show.

How in the world is this funny! Anybody in their right mind can't think domestic violence, murder, child neglect, poverty, and sexual harassment are funny. Doesn't matter if the characters are cartoons or whatever the themes are clearly not funny.

This is why I get upset.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,732.00
Faith
Atheist
Socrates (469–399 B.C.)
QUOTATION: The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

Cite: 195. Socrates (469-399 B.C.). Respectfully Quoted: A Dictionary of Quotations. 1989

BTW, ever heard of the Colosseum? Public executions? Bread and circuses, man, bread and circuses.

GET OFF MY LAWN.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Simple answer; not everyone is like you.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not into listening to comedians, but for some weird reason I watched a clip from Rodney Dangerfield in the 80's. Most people looked at him as vulgar, vile and a leader in shock values.
I was almost laughing. Except for a mention about sex, it could have been rated G in today's standards.
I did get conned into going to see a modern comedian about 3 years ago. That guy was really vile.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My bf says I'm too sensitive but I get so disturbed by things like stuff on YouTube and things people find funny make me angry or outraged.

Your bf could be partly right. There is no such thing as being too sensitive (being sensitive is a good thing!), but some of us, the highly sensitive people (HSP), are born with a nervous system that simply works that way, call it overtime or whatever. It's a trait, a design feature, if you like, not a disorder, the same way we are born introverts/extroverts, or with atopic skin. If you feel that might be your case, getting an actual "diagnosis" might make it easier to understand yourself and the way you react and explain your particular sensitivity to other people, who perhaps (hopefully not!) have "accused" you of being too sensitive and perhaps told you to toughen up or some such nonsense.

Personally, I don't think our society is "worse" than societies in the past. The human species has always been violent, greedy, selfish. Homo homini lupus est. What has changed is the extent and speed of our modern communication. The garbage is instantly there for everyone to behold and rather inescapable. Avoiding social media, Youtube and the like, helps to block some of that.

Upvote 0