✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I must admit, I'm kind of at "Wake me up when the pandemic is over."
Why ruin a good thing?, the elites say. The poor have gotten poorer while the rich have gotten 50% richer during the pandemic.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,435.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm not actually buying the idea that "the elites" want what's currently happening. There may be one or two sociopaths enjoying making money from it, but most people don't rejoice at the crippling of an entire society.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There may be one or two sociopaths enjoying making money from it, but most people don't rejoice at the crippling of an entire society.
You haven't heard of the new global government calling itself Corporatism, in which monarchs and popes alike along with communists and capitalists have joined forces? You need to study up on the Great Reset, building back better for the elites and the WEF whose plan it was/is to use the pandemic to experiment with socioeconomic changes for their 4th Industrial Revolution. Surely you haven't missed the changes of the last two years? :) None of this is conspiracy theory but plainly spoken of in their publications. The World Economic Forum

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,435.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
One part truth to how many parts conspiracy theory stuff? No thanks.

Sure, the pandemic has given us a chance to make change (much of it positive change). I'm not buying, however, the idea that the rich are engineering the pandemic (or the governmental response to the pandemic) simply for the sake of profit.

And, I might add, I have enough pandemic-related stress without dealing with this nonsense. If this thread is going to descend to that, I'll bow out.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Pity. I am sure there are many who wonder about the same oppression that is happening just like it did in the days of Jesus and would appreciate an understanding of how the self serving ways of man always try to crush the ways of God within the people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟650,688.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
You haven't heard of the new global government calling itself Corporatism, in which monarchs and popes alike along with communists and capitalists have joined forces? You need to study up on the Great Reset, building back better for the elites and the WEF whose plan it was/is to use the pandemic to experiment with socioeconomic changes for their 4th Industrial Revolution. Surely you haven't missed the changes of the last two years? :) None of this is conspiracy theory but plainly spoken of in their publications. The World Economic Forum

How do you do it?

How do you manage facing a new day?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Being of the mindset of the Kingdom, it is quite easy to look at the world through God's eyes and see the foolishness of man at work. Mankind, failing to see how man's self interest is the cause of all we see. One cannot take the world we have made in out own image seriously. What we are seeing today has happened over and over and over again since the Garden. Instead of supporting a failed system, time to pray it comes to an end.

Luke 16:15, James 1:27, Romans 12:2, James 4:4

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟650,688.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Being of the mindset of the Kingdom, it is quite easy to look at the world through God's eyes and see the foolishness of man at work. Mankind, failing to see how man's self interest is the cause of all we see. One cannot take the world we have made in out own image seriously. What we are seeing today has happened over and over and over again since the Garden. Instead of supporting a failed system, time to pray it comes to an end.

Luke 16:15, James 1:27, Romans 12:2, James 4:4

There are two reasons not to worry.

If there is something that can be fixed, don't worry, fix it.

If there is something that cannot be fixed, why worry, it cannot be fixed.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Agree and the discernment to know which is which and whether it serves the will of God which is to love all as self.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟650,688.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Agree and the discernment to know which is which and whether it serves the will of God which is to love all as self.

If by the Grace of God we awaken to a new day,

The ideal is to see the world in pefect balance, and one good deed could be enough to tip the scale and bring Moshiach.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The ideal is to see the world in pefect balance, and one good deed could be enough to tip the scale and bring Moshiach.
We ourselves, each of us are a balance, yet God says we should repent (change) of the self serving ways of man and chose the Kingdom/governance of God instead. So realistically the balance is not between good and evil here (which we constantly redefine to suit our wills) but the balance is between the governance of man vs the governance of God, of which the latter always comes up short, until of course a time comes when the former of the two is exterminated along with those in allegiance with it. There will be no messiah to balance out the good and evil of man, but rather the governance of two opposing forces.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟650,688.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
We ourselves, each of us are a balance, yet God says we should repent (change) of the self serving ways of man and chose the Kingdom/governance of God instead. So realistically the balance is not between good and evil here (which we constantly redefine to suit our wills) but the balance is between the governance of man vs the governance of God, of which the latter always comes up short, until of course a time comes when the former of the two is exterminated along with those in allegiance with it. There will be no messiah to balance out the good and evil of man, but rather the governance of two opposing forces.

If you only see negative all will be negative, turn off the news, if anything is important you will hear of it.

From the Ethics of the Fathers 2:3,

"Be careful with the government,
for they befriend a person only for their own needs.

They appear to be friends when it is beneficial to them,
but they do not stand by a person at the time of his distress."

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you only see negative all will be negative, turn off the news, if anything is important you will hear of it.
Exactly. Commercials interspersed in shows from back in the day used to sell us products. Now all tv, radio and internet media including news are the commercials, their actual programs designed to sell us garbage. Ignore the media and their controlling narrative and they have no power.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
There are two reasons not to worry.

This is how I live. It works.

Reactions: Robban
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sure, the pandemic has given us a chance to make change (much of it positive change). I'm not buying, however, the idea that the rich are engineering the pandemic (or the governmental response to the pandemic) simply for the sake of profit.

I'm curious. What's the latest update as to whether churches in Australia will have to insist on vaccine passports needed to be seen at the door? I recall you talking about the possibility of this prior.

Upvote 0