Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Similar threads are posted in other sub0forums on this site, and I think this type of a thread is perfect for this sub-forum.

What is currently on my mind? Thinking I should finish up the 3rd season of Cobra Kai tonight. The show is good thus far, nothing ground breaking but it's competent and does the job. Ironically I've never seen any of the Karate Kid films.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Waiting for the cold weather to warm up.. was about -20 (not including the wind chill) for parts of the day. Although I am grateful snow wise it's been a pretty mild winter thus far.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Spoiler alert. So far spring has managed to come every year for quite some time.

I hope you're right man..

I've even had to break out the winter coat.. anything about 10 degrees is jacket weather for me. I hate walking around with a bulky coat.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,520.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I suppose it is more difficult for those who haven't had time to acclimatize as is the case when cold air rushes south. The one thing they need to remember is toes and fingers usually do not grow back. But neighbouring on you I know you are aware of that. Helps keep the mosquitoes at bay also, but slows production of chainsaw sculpting..

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I suppose it is more difficult for those who haven't had time to acclimatize as is the case when cold air rushes south. The one thing they need to remember is toes and fingers usually do not grow back. But neighbouring on you I know you are aware of that. Helps keep the mosquitoes at bay also, but slows production of chainsaw sculpting..

I'm honestly surprised I haven't lost some fingers and toes. There were times when my shoes and socks were soaking wet yet I'd stay outside in freezing temperatures for hours.

Sadly ever since turning 30.. my body seems to be less and less resilient to the cold.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are getting hammered with snow right now. Drifting everywhere. Now my mom’s landline is not working. Argh! Got through on her cell but definitely shopping for yard service for our parents right now.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I was young I never worried about if the heater works or water lines or car will start. I took it all for granted. And I could enjoy a winter's day. now I think about all those who have no power.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟755,152.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Waiting for the days to get a bit shorter. We have the opposite problem to most of the forum members - summers are hot and humid, while our winters tend to be balmy.

I remember quite some years ago when I was still Protestant, some group managed to get a Russian speaker out in relation to the fall of the wall, and the new freedoms for Christianity. It was June or July, the middle of our winter, and the temperature was probably about 20 degrees Centigrade (68 Fahrenheit).

According to the translator he got off the plane, took his jacket off, flung his arms out and yelled out "This is winter!!"

Upvote 0

Innsmuthbride

Ia Ia Cthulhu F'tagan
Apr 30, 2013
Reno, NV
✟311,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My cracked tooth (caused by a trip & fall last year), and how much this is going to cost, how much more pain I am going to be in, will the infection come back before I can get to the dentist next week etc.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My mind is all over the place at times. Not really a good thing as far as I can tell.

Yes, here it is often (always) the weather as I need to deal with the horses, we will pass 6' of snow this week for the season with more in the coming days, now it is ice and snow, roof raking, wood for the wood stove, driveway-dooryard plowing, shoveling, etc., etc... When the weather warms it will be watching the weather so that clean-up, and prep for haying the fields. But too there are seriously ill friends that weigh heavy on my mind, the malaise that swirls around this failing country, seeking to trust in God's sovereignty through it all, thoughts of ancient Greece and our current situation, pouring into Bible study, ... so yes, thoughts all over the place and as you say not necessarily a good thing but a human thing!

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0