• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

What else do you believe? (Creationists only please)

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Notedstrangeperson, Jun 14, 2011.

What else to you believe? (Creationists only please)

1. Global warming / climate change is not happening or is a hoax.

2. Vaccinations are dangerous and should not be used.

3. The Earth is flat like a disc.

4. The Holocaust did not happen.

5. Members of the government (or other influencial people) are aliens.

6. The American Government was secretly behind 9/11.

7. None of the above.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AirPo

AirPo with a Touch of Grey

+7,101
    Atheist
    Married
    ^_^^_^

I guess my attempt to come up with imagery that wasn't too graphic failed!

2. cubinity

cubinity jesus is; the rest is commentary.

+334
    Agnostic
    Private
    I am in total agreement with all of you that it is ridiculously selfish.
    Let me repeat myself. I am apathetic. Maybe you missed that part.

3. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+741
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Regardless of your apathy, it's still selfish.

Do you have kids? Why are you apathetic about this?

4. Delphiki

Delphiki Well-Known Member

+139
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Just in case you don't understand why people are saying it's selfish, I highlighted the selfish part in red.

5. cubinity

+334
    Agnostic
    Private
    Thanks, chap, but I totally know what I said, and I was not oblivious to how selfish it was when I wrote it.
    Furthermore, if you really want to know, I'm Christian for much the same reason.
    What, do you think it's love for my fellow man that inspired me to jump on the free-ride-to-eternal-life wagon?
    No. If I was into the well being of others, I'd being pushing the lot of you onto that wagon, and I'd be like the brave sea captain that goes down with his ship.
    So, I've really had to ask myself: What am I really doing?
    I'm only recycling for myself.
    I'm only driving a hybrid for myself.
    I'm only eating healthy for myself.
    I'm only supporting business that take a global sustainability mindset for myself.
    And, perhaps the icing on the cake, is that my being a Christian only benefits me...
    So, thank you all for not being oblivious to my selfishness.
    It is choking me to death, it's so obvious to me!
    The way I've chosen to hide my self-disgust from the world is to harden myself in apathy.
    To go on being recklessly selfish, but to just not feel it anymore.
    Shame, isn't it?

6. Lion Hearted Man

Lion Hearted Man Eternal Newbie

+91
    Atheist
    Engaged
    What a healthy outlook on life you have. I love the conflicting beliefs though. Last time I checked, Jesus scorned the greedy and selfish.

7. cubinity

+334
    Agnostic
    Private
    Yeah, I got the same results last time I checked.
    What should I do with that?

8. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+741
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Well, your self-servingness (??) just got completely overshadowed by your honesty.

If I thought for one second god was real, I'd worship him for exactly the same reason you claim to. :thumbsup:

9. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+10,399
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    And your weak point is reading comprehension. Maybe if I t-y-p-e-d s-l-o-w-e-r...............:)

10. SignOfGod

SignOfGod Newbie

+5
    Agnostic
    Private
    You are only fooling yourself no one else, but if it makes you happy [and it obviously does] carry on.

11. Tomatoman

Tomatoman Well-Known Member

+51
    Anglican
    I think you're getting confused about which side of the argument you're defending.

12. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,151
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    You need to be more specific.
    Science has a Creation story....and if your minds accepts that matter is constantly blinking in and out of existence and that matter won the battle over anti-matter and that the expansion of space is accelerating, I don't see why you have problems with a little water acting oddly.

13. SignOfGod

SignOfGod Newbie

+5
    Agnostic
    Private
    You are right, everything needs to be more specific except religion, religion can be unspecific or just downright crazy and that's OK, why? because only sad needy people believe it anyway so it doesn't really matter because they will believe anything.

14. SkyWriting

+7,151
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    While there is a mild negative correlation with higher education, the hard sciences as well as most "higher Education" is focused on earthly values, and away from spiritual Truth. So the correlation is to be expected.

15. SignOfGod

SignOfGod Newbie

+5
    Agnostic
    Private
    If you can get them to believe in fairy tales they won't need an education and the lack of education will in turn keep them believing in fairy tales for a lot longer.

The good thing about creationism is that it keeps them close to home and the church, it's the only places people don't laugh at them.

I'm curious, do you think Mormons, JW's and Scientologists are misguided?

16. SkyWriting

+7,151
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Global Warming may be an actual analysis. Here in Milwaukee the Glacial ice sheet thickness during the last Ice Age was estimated at about 10 stories and in places about 2/3 the height of the sears tower in Chicago.

[​IMG]

Many of us believe that change happens.
    But to think that we could counteract the kind of forces that melted that ice
    (long before we started making ice cubes of our own)
    may well be a fantasy of man's ego.

Our contribution to global warming might be like that of a bonfire built on the surface of a glacier.

And then there is the evidence that CO2 increases FOLLOW global warming trends in the past, rather than precede them.

Plus there is evidence that huge temperature swings are part of the "Normal" global weather patterns and that humans have only been around in most mild conditions.

We expose our bodies to the pathogen to build up
    a natural immunity to it. We are SO clever.

Can you IMAGINE how Neanderthal that will look after we actually
    figure out how to selectively stop a pathogen BEFORE we get infected?

From a human viewpoint, the world is as flat as can be.

Nobody uses sphere shaped maps to accomplish anything. Not even NASA. I don't think there are such things as curved vectors. I'm not sure there is even a language for curved vectors. "Flat" is 99.9 percent accurate and 100% useful for human communication.

<snip>

This topic is not allowed in most discussion forums.

There is no evidence of life off our planet.

I've not looked too far into this topic.

-Sky

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  17. Notedstrangeperson

Notedstrangeperson Well-Known Member

+99
    Anglican
    In Relationship
    True but I was talking about the planet, not maps. :p

18. Jazer

Jazer Guest

+0
    Their creation story is called evolution. It all created itself with no intelligence involved. It just sort of happened all by itself.

19. Jazer

Jazer Guest

+0
    Mormons are not guided at all. They are pretty much on their own to figure it out for themselves. The Jw's work more at a high school level, but I think they do their best to teach people the Bible. I do no not know anything about scientology.

20. SkyWriting

+7,151
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    OK. The complaint is usually about the language used in scripture as not be correct. My response was wrong.