What else do you believe? (Creationists only please)

What else to you believe? (Creationists only please)

• Global warming / climate change is not happening or is a hoax.

• Vaccinations are dangerous and should not be used.

• The Earth is flat like a disc.

• The Holocaust did not happen.

• Members of the government (or other influencial people) are aliens.

• The American Government was secretly behind 9/11.

• None of the above.

Results are only viewable after voting.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are right, everything needs to be more specific except religion, religion can be unspecific or just downright crazy and that's OK, why? because only sad needy people believe it anyway so it doesn't really matter because they will believe anything.

You'll need to be more specific, and provide sources for your claims in order to get out of the category that you are attempting to discredit.

You seem solidly IN the category of people who will believe things without any facts to back them up. As you claim religious people to be.

"It turns out that nearly 50 percent of scientists identify with a religious label, and nearly one in five is actively involved in a house of worship, attending services more than once a month."
Elaine Howard Ecklund, Ph.D.: What Scientists Think About Religion

"The first study of physician religious beliefs has found that 76 percent of doctors believe in God and 59 percent believe in some sort of afterlife. The survey, performed by researchers at the University and published in the July issue of the Journal of General Internal Medicine, found that 90 percent of doctors in the United States attend religious services at least occasionally, compared to 81 percent of all adults. Fifty-five percent of doctors say their religious beliefs influence how they practice medicine. "
Survey on physicians’ religious beliefs shows majority faithful

Note that physicians attend services MORE than the general public. :)

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Their creation story is called evolution. It all created itself with no intelligence involved. It just sort of happened all by itself.

Right. I was referring more to the big blamo! theory.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you can get them to believe in fairy tales they won't need an education and the lack of education will in turn keep them believing in fairy tales for a lot longer.

The good thing about creationism is that it keeps them close to home and the church, it's the only places people don't laugh at them.

I'm curious, do you think Mormons, JW's and Scientologists are misguided?

Only if you think doctors, lawyer, and scientists are misguided. They all attend church services and believe in God.

Physicians attend church more than the general population does.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"It takes many years of education and training to become a physician. Typically, three to four years of undergraduate school and four years of medical school are required."

[/FONT]
MEDICAL SCHOOL CURRICULUM:
(Undergraduate Medical Education)

spacer.gif
The Colleges
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
First Year: Overview
spacer.gif
Anatomy
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Biochemistry
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Cell Biology
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Embryology
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Genetics
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Human Behavior
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Immunology
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Neuroscience
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Physiology
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Second Year: Overview
spacer.gif
Clinical Medicine & Microbiology
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Pathology & Pharmacology
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Pre-clinical Electives Program
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Third Year: Overview
spacer.gif
Family Medicine, Internal Medicine & Neurology
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Ob-Gyn & Pediatrics
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Psychiatry & Surgery
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Fourth Year: Overview
spacer.gif
Acute Care & Ambulatory Care
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Medicine Subinternship & ACLS
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Electives
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
I don't see the religion / ignorance connection at all.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Creationists can be Young Earth, Old Earth, advocates of Intelligent Design or Gap theory. In other words anyone who doesn't believe in evolution - especially macroevolution. There are Creationists from other religions too but down here we tend to have just Christians and atheists.

And more. I read that the "sudden" miracles in the scriptures all have the description of being "old". Lame men walking, blind men seeing, water turning to wine....all seem to be quick & yet complete. All have the characteristics of things that took a lot of time.

So may well be the Creation Week. Fully finished in 7 days, but with all the characteristics of something that took much longer. When the blind man was healed......"when" did the healing take place? Seemingly not in OUR reality.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This simply looks like a thread where Creationists should divulge information with a handle for ridicule without (once again) Darwinists having to provide data. Notice (creationists only) with Darwinists vulching, talons void of data, beaks overflowing with vitriol.

I don't mind. Creationists should always have some sort of support for our beliefs. The scriptures hold an ocean of wisdom whereas science doesn't even claim to have a drip of wisdom.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't mind. Creationists should always have some sort of support for our beliefs. The scriptures hold an ocean of wisdom whereas science doesn't even claim to have a drip of wisdom.

The Bible has a lot of *ahem* morally questionable content, and yet there is wisdom to be found there. But, there Bible is not a science text. Science simply seeks to explain the world around us, and it does it quite well.

Where science and the Bible* do not agree, do you intentionally overlook the facts in favor of what the Bible says?

*Or, at least what people think the Bible says.

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Only if you think doctors, lawyer, and scientists are misguided. They all attend church services and believe in God.

Physicians attend church more than the general population does.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"It takes many years of education and training to become a physician. Typically, three to four years of undergraduate school and four years of medical school are required."

[/FONT]
MEDICAL SCHOOL CURRICULUM:
(Undergraduate Medical Education)

spacer.gif
The Colleges
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
First Year: Overview
spacer.gif
Anatomy
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Biochemistry
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Cell Biology
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Embryology
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Genetics
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Human Behavior
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Immunology
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Neuroscience
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Physiology
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Second Year: Overview
spacer.gif
Clinical Medicine & Microbiology
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Pathology & Pharmacology
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Pre-clinical Electives Program
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Third Year: Overview
spacer.gif
Family Medicine, Internal Medicine & Neurology
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Ob-Gyn & Pediatrics
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Psychiatry & Surgery
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
Fourth Year: Overview
spacer.gif
Acute Care & Ambulatory Care
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Medicine Subinternship & ACLS
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Electives
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
I don't see the religion / ignorance connection at all.

You missed this part:

Although physicians are nearly as religious as the general population, their specific beliefs often differ from those of their patients. While more than 80 percent of patients describe themselves as Protestant or Catholic, only 60 percent of physicians come from either group.

Physicians are 26 times more likely to be Hindu than the overall U.S. population (5.3 percent of doctors vs. 0.2 percent of nonphysicians). Doctors are seven times more likely to be Jewish (14.1 percent vs. 1.9 percent), six times more likely to be Buddhist (1.2 percent vs. 0.2 percent) and five times more likely to be Muslim (2.7 percent vs. 0.5 percent).
Oh and...

Although doctors are more likely than the general population to attend religious services, they are less willing to “apply their religious beliefs to other areas of life,” the researchers found. Sixty-one percent of doctors say they “try to make sense” of a difficult situation and “decide what to do without relying on God,” while only 29 percent of the general population say the same.
Looks like doctors are often religious, but they're not necessarily your religion.

As a medical student, I can tell you that any given medical student class is very diverse. But there are a lot of students from varying ethnicities and cultures. From this article, it's clear to me that doctors are more mature about their religion, and treat it more like a cultural thing rather than a "God guide my scalpel" sort of thing.

Judging by my interactions with fellow students in my school, I anticipate that the number of atheist doctors is going to increase, mirroring the increase in of atheists in the general population in the US.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible has a lot of *ahem* morally questionable content,

That's because the Bible is an accurate historical document of past events.

and yet there is wisdom to be found there. But, there Bible is not a science text. Science simply seeks to explain the world around us, and it does it quite well.

Where science and the Bible* do not agree, do you intentionally overlook the facts in favor of what the Bible says?

*Or, at least what people think the Bible says.

The Scientific Method has no procedures to confirm or verify historical events. It is founded on reproducible testing.

I do give more weight to the Bible because I've discovered it to be historically accurate. There are even a few experiments spelled out that can be recreated.

Science has no effect on historical documents or past events.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How does one attack words in a book? ....
Logic is obviously not one of your strong points.

You seem unfamiliar with:

CRITICAL ANALYSIS

Critical analysis

What is critical analysis?

Critical analysis is a central process in all academic work. It involves thinking critically, which is applying rational and logical thinking while deconstructing the texts you read...

What Is Critical Reading?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
creationism is minority belief amongst people who are intelligent, well educated and understand science.

Creationism is also a minority belief AMONGST CHRISTIANS in some developed countries that are not the US of A.

New Zealand supports evolution | Open Parachute

Truth, Reality, and Facts, are not tied to popular opinion in any way.
You might just agree with me after reading:

(CBS) Most Americans do not accept the theory of evolution. Instead, 51 percent of Americans say God created humans in their present form, and another three in 10 say that while humans evolved, God guided the process. Just 15 percent say humans evolved, and that God was not involved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will help the OP with what she is really after:

Global Warming is a hoax...

I take issue with both sides of the Global Warming issue.
If the global temps are not in a state of flux, it's only by God's grace on humanity:

The d18O records confirm that large and rapid temperature
oscillations have occurred through most of the last 110,000
year period. They are of a scale that has not been
experienced
during the past 10,000 years in which
human society mainly developed. http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/icecore/greenland/summit/document/finalrpt/gripfinl.txt
.....suggesting that something changed about 10,000 years ago.

Upvote 0

HELENz

Love is the meaning to the world
Jun 4, 2007
Canton, Ohio
✟8,991.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Five comments. Only five. Then I bow out. :wave:

WARNING: [sarcasm (partly)]

1. Stupid is as stupid does. :doh:
2. Common sense isn't so common. :confused:

Evolution is a religion and should not be taught in schools (Neither should Creationism).
3. Evolution is not a religion. It's a scientific theory. Evolution has a mound of actual evidence behind it; Creationism, and Christianity for that matter, have a load of circumstantial evidence. And also, I agree, Creationism shouldn't be taught. Evolution should. :thumbsup:
4. Before you say, evolution is "just" a theory, may I remind you that plate tectonics and gravity are also "just" theories. Also, theories in the common usage would be more referred to as hypotheses in the scientific community; a theory is something that has been tested and has evidence behind it. Still don't get it, look it up! :idea:

(CBS) Most Americans do not accept the theory of evolution. Instead, 51 percent of Americans say God created humans in their present form, and another three in 10 say that while humans evolved, God guided the process. Just 15 percent say humans evolved, and that God was not involved.

Read more: Poll: Majority Reject Evolution - CBS News
5. Well, Americans are rather stupid. And our education system sucks. This says nothing. :doh:

:D

[/sarcasm]

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
3. Evolution is not a religion.

Mostly not. But it is used in a religious way as a foundation for exploring the past. The Scientific Method doesn't allow any explorations into the past. Anybody who does that is on a religious foundation and not a scientific one.

4. Before you say, evolution is "just" a theory, may I remind you that plate tectonics and gravity are also "just" theories. Also, theories in the common usage would be more referred to as hypotheses in the scientific community; a theory is something that has been tested and has evidence behind it. Still don't get it, look it up!
Science can't cover the Origins of Species. It's outside of it's box limiting it to reproducible experiments.

5. Well, Americans are rather stupid. And our education system sucks. This says nothing.
You said nothing.
Our higher education system is the envy of the world.
"The USA has the world’s largest international student population"

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really not even stars? we are after all seeing the past when we look up into the sky.

Stars are no different than any observed event.
Science can only make predictions about future observations based on past ones.
It makes no predictions about past observations. It cannot see into the past. Only the future.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums