Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
will continue prayers. There's a book that is short and you might be able to get at the library, it's by Joyce Meyers Root of Rejection. Very good book!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Root-Rejection-Bondage-Experience-Acceptance/dp/0446691143 I think it'll help .
Battlefield of the Mind is even better, but if your limited on time, the above book will suffice.

Yes, yes! I agree! If you want the Battlefield of the Mind for free and have a smart phone/tablet/ipad, download Audible app (unfortunately you will have to sign up), search Battlefield of the Mind (for free for your first trial!) and download the "Unabridged" version. That is the full version. You can always unsubscribe at anytime. It took me less than 30 days to complete listening to.

Back to the
OT:
Hmm. I thought of a lot of things. I suppose like a midlife crisis lol! but that was even before I turned 30. My boyfriend at the time faced a life threatening issue and came out of it alive, thankfully and the only thing that died was our relationship. It was for the best, really. However, I got scared like the little human being I am and sought out another relationship because I feared being alone, or dying alone.
Recently and honestly, those terrible feelings have fled and I'm fine with being single after all. I had to search what was really important to me instead of immediate gratification.

Lesson learned! :boh:

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

thehappyvirus

Chosen and Blessed
Mar 10, 2013
North Carolina
✟7,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was sad, turning 30. I was so sad I actually cried. My youth was gone... I was hitting "middle age" status... still very muc h single. It was all very depressing. 30 isn't as bad as it was a few months ago though and since I have 31 coming up in Oct it seems better than ever lol

Upvote 0

dhornace

Sep 2, 2015
Montana
✟8,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm turning 30 in May. I really thought I would have a hard time with it seeing as how turning 20 was just horrible for me. It's is crazy to think all that has happened in the last 10 years. I am no where close to where I want to be in my life, but I'm not letting that effect me. I guess bring it on!

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It didn't bother me. I felt like I was finally growing up and becoming and individual instead of an extention of my family.

What does bother me is that I will be 39 next month. Approaching 40 is scarey to me. I particularly don't want to enter my 40's being overweight and unhealthy. I'm working on health and lifestyle changes.

Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
hmmm. I am not sure went through much emotion turning 30. Life was complicated enough. But turning 31 was like, "wait what? I'm not in my twenties anymore?". Hehe!
Not bad turning 30. More like thankful I'm still here, now 34 years old. :p

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Turning 30 sucks. I went from feeling like this:

CkOzFxD.gif

to this:

tumblr_inline_n8lv34uDsN1qg36k6.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My daydreams of being 30 when I was in high school:

- Still single but had a lovely GF
- I'd look better.
- I would have gone to space, etc, etc.

Reality:

- Still single and not even a GF!
- I did look better now at 35 as I have imagined. In high school, I looked like I came out of the military academy.
- The farthest I've gone away from Earth is only 40,000 ft
- *Bonus I don't get sick anymore, not even flu or colds. Physically, I never felt better. I could even run faster now than when I was in high school.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Evalove

Sep 12, 2016
Indonesia
✟15,114.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I turned 30 a few months ago. I felt like I've wasted my late 20s by drowning into depression, hating my husband and his family, closing myself from everyone, even those who actually care of me. But now I see a path, well I'm not there yet, but I've decided to let everything in the past go and start anew. I'm glad I'm 30 and alive.

Upvote 0

Adubb

Dec 20, 2016
Atlanta
✟8,039.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm actually dreading turning 30 to be honest...not just because I'm getting older, but because I feel like I have no vision for my life. I was saved at 24 which was by far the best and most exciting year of my life...but it feels like i've been stagnant since then and asking God over and over again questions like what am I suppose to be doing with my life with my talents and gifts? What ARE my talents and gifts? I grew up not really having parents that payed attention to what im good at and sought to develop those things so it's challenging for me to recognize what I'm good at. I've always thought in your 20's you are suppose to be at least in the developing stage of your life and at least know what it is God has called you to do. Lol sometimes I say to myself I would even love to be a Jonah because at least he knew what he was running from whereas I actually want to live out what God has planned for my life but dont know what it even is. I just hate this feeling like life is passing me by. It's feels like I'm procrastinating but then I think I don't even know what I'm procrastinating from doing. It's very frustrating, depressing, and straight up confusing.

I apologise for being so hum-drum and I'm usually very positive but when it comes down to this it means so much to me and something I have prayed about over and over and over for years since I was 24 and here I am 29 (30 in May 2017) but no clear answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When I was in high school (even in uni) I DREADED turning 30.
Thirty was that time when the "party was over" and when "life has to start". It was time (at the LATEST) to start having kids and buying a house.
All those "boring" things.

It made the month or so before my birthday kinda stressful for me. I was just dreading it as I had been dreading it in high school. Luckily, due to my "partying holiday lifestyle" I landed myself in some hot water and I had other stresses to thinkabout and my birthday became a distant thought.

After I turned thirty, I didn't really care. I still don't care that I'm 30 (about 5 months in).

how about you?
It was surreal. I had this mental picture of myself (and still do) as someone in his late teens/early 20s. Turning thirty felt like a transition out of young adulthood into just adulthood.
Ringo

Upvote 0

DukeDesu

Dec 15, 2016
USA
✟8,893.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think, at 33, I'm still coming to grips with being three and zero. I've even accidentally mentioned my age as merely 30, clearly showing that my brain doesn't want to accept aging beyond there lol. Biggest issue is always, it seems, one of comparison with others. I don't have my own house or family nor the career I thought I would have attained by now. I very much feel like I'm a 30 year old boy at times.

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I am almost 30 years old, but I am going to post here anyway because my birthday is on July 30 and I'll be 30 in a few short months.

When I was 9, I used to think that being 29 was old. But I no longer think that.

I was not afraid of adulthood like you were.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟571,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I was in high school (even in uni) I DREADED turning 30.
Thirty was that time when the "party was over" and when "life has to start". It was time (at the LATEST) to start having kids and buying a house.
All those "boring" things.

It made the month or so before my birthday kinda stressful for me. I was just dreading it as I had been dreading it in high school. Luckily, due to my "partying holiday lifestyle" I landed myself in some hot water and I had other stresses to thinkabout and my birthday became a distant thought.

After I turned thirty, I didn't really care. I still don't care that I'm 30 (about 5 months in).

how about you?

Well, I can tell you that at 39, I've been thinking about death lately... soon I'll be 40, and will have lived the majority of my life out. Seems like everything I've done, I've only done half-way.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never really thought too much about it. I just thought it would be okay turning 30. Though after I turned 33 I started disliking becoming older, I am now 34 years of age but really don't feel like I fit into this age group. I feel as I haven't accomplished as much as I'd liked to in my life, it is like everything stands still now, and I am just stuck here whilst my age keeps on running on.

But well, I try taking one day at a time. And I hope I will get a better perspective of my life soon.

Upvote 0