Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've turned 30 twice. The first time was fine. In fact, I had just met my wife, and the birthday party she threw is actually the only birthday party I've appreciated and enjoyed.

I was a whole lot more somber at the close of the second thirty years.

Upvote 0

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I turned 30 this year. I was fine with it, until people jokingly told me I was old. I took their words to heart(who wouldn't when you kept hearing it) and I started having anxiety thinking how I'm still single, working minimum wage, and living with my parents. I started getting depressed but I stopped myself and I believe the Lord brought a memory back to mind at the right time. I remember when I was in my early twenties feeling old because everyone my age seemed like they had they're lives together. I was spending some time with two elderly women from church one who was 70 and the other 90some. I was sad because I didn't have my driver's license at the time and I remember one of the ladies asked how old I was. I told her and her response made a light shine inside me. Her and the other lady went back and forth " I wish I was that age, 30,50,67 heck even 85 again!" I felt better because I realized I could live my life looking backwards how I'm not such and such anymore or I can embrace whatever age I am because in the end we will all be young again in the kingdom of God. 30 is actually very young

Upvote 0